How can DHBM be saved?

I thought of something similar which would be a bit like a Zombies or Crucible type mode (modes of other games)

Everyone would get maxed heroes to use - like the ones in Hero Spotlight.
Each week you get a random choice of 10, from which you can select 2 at a time.

There’s only 1 battle, with endless waves - this reduces the faff of clicking around that we have in Breaker quests. The battle can be paused at any time and resumed on the same wave.

The waves are composed entirely of creeps (not heroes) of increasing number & strength.

The goal is to reach as high a wave as you can over the course of the week without your heroes dying. Once you’re all dead, the game is up. At wave intervals you can receive upgrades that you can apply to your heroes such as bonus healing, extra damage etc or (very rare) revives - these can either last for a limited number of waves or be permanent for the week.

You also receive permanent rewards every X waves to be used in general play.

At the end of the week, you get rewards based on how far you’ve got. The mode should be designed in such a way that no strategy exists that could beat an infinite number of waves, and general play rewards should be scaled to the player’s Team Level.

Manual skill activation is possible (ie. not like Arena/Coli).

:man_shrugging:

This would be fun and also of potential financial benefit, as people would get to use heroes they’ve not tried before and see their potential - and might then spend resources to use them in general play too. There could also be a subscription-type deal like the Daily Diamonds for this mode, that delivers a perma-boost to the upgrades received during the mode and can be purchased weekly. It should not be possible to purchase deals that boost the general play rewards directly - only the mode consumables, which indirectly enable more general play rewards to be received.

8 Likes

Again, multiplayer is not needed. Even if you are in a guild, you’re still playing solo.

Solo in:
Campaign
Friendship Campaign
Elite
Arena
Coliseum
Invasion (Beakers)

I’m not saying its needed and you are forced to use multi-player you can still go solo but it would be a good way to see if you and your friends work well together.

Even so, PB won’t make that change in the game.

1 Like

Well most of us know PB doesn’t really go back unless it’s major.

1 Like

It’s not major though. And that will cause a problem to the system. If they add multiplayer, they have to redesign the game’s controls and gameplay.

Whatever floats your boat. Either way gameplay changes have a 99.9% of not happening anytime soon this could work in a DHBM 2 but I doubt we will get a second game.

I guess. But that 0.1% is still there.

This is my favorite gamemode idea, I really enjoy endless style gamemodes

What do you mean by saved

Oh right! Endless mode. Where you can use all of your heroes but you can only choose a team between waves.

I acually just thought of a flaw (for the endless mode): higher level players will go higher than lower level players because they have higher level heroes, and get more rewards

It should not be that big of a deal (higher level players need more rewards anyway) but I am pointing it out

It is also possible to scale the level of the creeps

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

Oh yeah, oops :joy:

Okay. Here’s my thought about Endless Mode.

The player chooses a starting team in every start of the wave. When that wave is completed and then you proceed to the next wave, it’s your choice to either keep the team or choose another team.

Here’s the thing though. You can’t revive heroes that have been K’O-ed and you have to restart the whole gameplay again to use them again. When you give up, you’ll get rewards depending on how many waves you’ve been through and your team level.

Something that would be good is that they out more heroes slots in shops. Only 3 for each shop is little for the amount of characters there are in the game.

2 Likes

Thats a really good idea, it acually reminds me of a Plants vs Zombies endless mode (if I remember correctly, its been ages sense I played it, after every wave, you would get sunlight to plant new plants and repair damaged ones)

2 Likes

Exactly. I know you’ll get my point.

1 Like

Umm… Isn’t this too similar to City watch though?

No. Totally different from City Watch. You see, in City Watch, you’ll only get rewards when you clear a district and the number of fights is limited.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney