The Horned King (The Black Cauldron)
With infernal spells and an army of the undead, the Horned King brings terror and destruction to the battlefield to wipe his foes from the face of the earth!
Trial Team: Red
“Oh, my soldiers. How long I have THIRSTED to be a god…among mortal men…”
Entrance: Blue ribbons of lightning swirl as a vortex before coalescing into an explosive flame. The flames subside and reveal the Horned King standing solemnly in the frontline. While the Horned King is materializing, the earth splits open and the Black Cauldron itself erupts from the magma chamber below to rest in front of the Horned King, along with manifesting two Cauldron-Born from the ground.
Basic Attack: The Horned King’s skeletal Cauldron-Born swing their swords, axes, or spears at an enemy in melee range.
Victory: The Black Cauldron manifests a fiery, skeletal face as the Horned King tilts his head skyward and laughs with arms outstretched.
Defeat: The cauldron hungrily sucks all the magic from the air, catching the Horned King in its vortex and dragging him into its depths.
White Skill: Power of the Black Cauldron ()
- Passive: The Horned King does not have a basic attack. Instead, his Cauldron-Born deal X (determined by Basic Damage) Normal damage with their basic attacks. The Horned King starts each wave with 2 Cauldron-Born, each with X (determined by Skill Power) HP.
- Active: The Horned King conjures up fell magic from the Black Cauldron, dealing X (determined by Skill Power) True damage to all enemies every 0.4 seconds for 2 seconds and Distracting all enemies for 13 seconds. Enemies who are Distracted focus their attacks on the target who Distracted them. The Distract has a chance to fail against enemies above level X.
- Animation: The Horned King raises his arms in a grand gesture before a terrifying column of green fire bursts forth from the cauldron, bathing the enemy team in its wicked glow.
Green Skill: Malignant Manifestation ()
- The Horned King arrives on the battlefield after 6 seconds in a burst of destructive magic, dealing X (determined by Skill Power) Fantastic damage to all enemies, Burning all enemies, and Scaring all enemies for 16 seconds.
– Burning enemies take 100% increased damage from damage over time effects for 10 seconds, and attacks that would Crit them become Super Crits instead.
- Animation: See the Entrance animation, but now it happens after combat starts rather than before combat starts.
Blue Skill: The Cauldron-Born ()
- The Black Cauldron summons a new Cauldron-Born every 3 seconds.
- Every 10 seconds, the Horned King infuses his Cauldron-Born with power, causing them to deal X (determined by Skill Power) additional Fantastic damage with their basic attacks and increasing their Attack Speeds by 125% for 7 seconds.
- Animation: Green mist surrounds the Black Cauldron. Every 3 seconds, a ragged Cauldron-Born wielding a sword, axe, or spear crawls out of a fissure created by the Cauldron. Every 10 seconds, the Horned King points a skeletal finger at the enemy team and shouts a command, infusing his Cauldron-Born with swirling fell magics.
Purple Skill: Dweller of Darkness
- The Horned King takes 85% reduced damage from Scared enemies. This effect is reduced against enemies above level X.
- The Horned King steals 150 Energy from enemies each time they are Scared. This effect is reduced against enemies above level X.
Red Skill: He Who Commands the Dead
- Malignant Manifestation now also removes all buffs from the enemy team and inflicts Despair on them for 12 seconds. Enemies with Despair lose 25 Energy every second, and enemies affected by both Despair and Sap cannot gain Energy from any source.
- The Horned King’s Cauldron-Born now also gain X (determined by Skill Power) Damage Negation when they are summoned. Damage Negation reduces all damage that the target receives.
- Every 3 basic attacks, each Cauldron-Born applies Despair to their target for 5 seconds. This has a chance to fail against enemies above level X.
+X Skill Power
Friend Disk Campaigns
Disk #1 - "To Control a King"
When the Horned King tries to enforce his control upon Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King, he runs into a major problem: for some reason he cannot control his skeletal quarry. Jack then notices the Horned King, complimenting him on his horrific appearance and expressing a desire to introduce him to his Halloween celebration committee. Stymied by his inability to subjugate this particular undead, the Horned King decides to humor his soon-to-be expendable soldier in order to learn how and why his spell failed. And when he does, that insolent Pumpkin King will suffer eternally for his insubordination…
- Partner: Jack Skellington
- Allies: Sally, Mike Wazowski, Jumba
+X Skill Power
Each hit of Power of the Black Cauldron has a 20% (+20% per additional star) chance to apply 1 stack of Weakness to affected enemies. Enemies with Weakness take 10% increased damage from all sources per stack, to a maximum of 5 stacks.
Disk #2 - "Dealing with the Dead"
The Horned King enslaves the souls of the dead to serve in his eternal undead army. Hades presides over the souls of the dead to ensure that they stay within the underworld. Naturally, they do not see eye-to-eye. But Hades is a crafty sort, and so he comes up with a plan–he approaches the Horned King and tells him that, as Lord of the Dead, he can supply him with villainous allies as well as the most powerful soldiers that the underworld can provide to join his Cauldron-Born in battle. Of course, Hades’ true goal is to undermine his grim rival by goading him into launching an assault on the heroes of the City before withdrawing his soldiers at the last minute, leaving the Horned King to fend off hundreds of powerful foes on his own. After all, Hades likes the current status quo. And he also likes the idea of deceiving and disposing of troublesome competition. Unbeknownst to the god of the dead, however, The Horned King is fully aware of his crafty collaborator’s plans and has taken measures to outmaneuver him…
- Partner: Hades
- Allies: Magica de Spell, Shan Yu, Demona
+X Skill Power to the Horned King and allies
The Horned King and his Cauldron-Born deal 0.4% (+0.4% per additional star) more damage for every 1% HP the Horned King is missing. Upon reaching 1 HP for the first time, the Horned King becomes Berserk for 2 (+2 per additional star) seconds.