You used a pooh bear gif!? Love it :star_struck:

1 Like

Loutre wants to cause confusion and chaos :crazy_face:

I like it! :grin:

1 Like

Just like you. Lol

2 Likes

To bring this back to the main point:

Seems like weā€™re in the endgame. Even if everyone is doing fine at PB, Iā€™m not too sure if we can make by the end of this year. But we can do this. We can hold on, and maybe, just maybe, they can listen to our feedback.

Hereā€™s to a bright future!

9 Likes

Sorry if being a Debbie downer here, but the stamania costs are nothing new (people saw the trends when orange was introduced as a color). When people started trying to explain logically why it was expensive back then, we were all told game stats show doing fine, but honestly game stats are not realistic statsā€¦.many of our friends have quit because of these game costs, and the same repeative grind.

Though I will say I do think you are doing a great job and being more active and responsive then polaris was in my experience @Loutre , weā€™ve heard this ā€œteam has been notified ā€œ before and frankly people are not seeing the changes needed as fast as the game costs and grind goes up with every cap increase.

Yes I understand you guys a business; yes I understand things take time to code and develop; But I think the community (at least those that I talk to in game and few here) wish you spend more personel on qol improvements then new badges for color increase. Since these changes seem like they happen once in a blue moon and friends quit, the morale is down and why people say what they have to say (like warned before people can be vicisous on here if they feel they being ignored).

Like dory, we all keep swimming , even if we donā€™t know whatā€™s up stream in the game.

7 Likes

First of allā€¦, I got to say that I wasnā€™t actually think I would get a reply at all, but thank you Loutre and I got to say right now it kind of means the world me to, to actually get a reply :-).
Truly thank you Loutre for replying to me ^^.

But yeah, first of all thank you for sending over the feedback on the Stamina costs to the team, and glad to hear :-).
However though, the Stamina cost issue is something that has been going on technically for years and been something we players have spoken up about, but the cost intensified badly the last year given the gradually Stamina cost increase more and more the higher the rank has become.

Now at Yellow rank the most expensive badges at Yellow cost around 50 000 stamina Raw Stamina cost wise, as in around 2000 badge bits. We get maximum 299 664-300000 stamina per 28 days, so thatā€™s about 6 of the highest cost stamina badges and about each character takes 2 badges around 50 000 stamina at Y2, which means just covering 3 characters.

While of course Raw Stamina isnā€™t the same as the actual Stamina Cost, since in the actual stamina cost we have to consider Trial Badges and other free or in-game currency bought badges gain sources, still it does pose the question of how many more than 5 characters a player can keep up with overall.
I think players canā€™t keep up with much more than 5 characters unless they pay, which is the problem as we need 15 characters for Coliseum and Guild War as in only being able to keep up with 1/3 of the required characters.

I get if the person in charge of the in-game economy might be scare of lowering prices like the Stamina Costs mean less revenue, however in this case I think it could actually help revenue as the word would spread on the internt that the prices have been lowered, as such there being a decent chance at returning player coming back and as such increasing the revenue potential by being more players in game.
One also have to consider the fact that less players are less likely to boycott due to having a more enjoyable time after the Stamina Costs have been reduced.

I think a good and easy start would just be to lower all Purple badge costs to 20 bits, Orange to 30 bits and Red to 40 bits, or something like that :-). I will say if Purple gets lowered 25 bits and Orange to 35 I think people would have been happy with that as well, it would be an improvement ether way from what we have now ^^.
I donā€™t know, but I assume it is just changing a variable rather than adding new complicated code specifically, even if taking some time depending on how fast it can be done, but like much more than a day I am unsure about if it is just to change a number/variable.

Like I mentioned before, back in the poll last year when they voted for [Hero Management], people in actuality voted for [Hero Cost Management] rather than [Hero UI Management], but just have to live with that now and I think the Tagging system should be coming this summer, so while not that needed compared to fixing the Stamina Cost problem, thee Tagging system will be nice to have and likely help beginner players a lot :-).

Anyway, I guess this is enough feedback for now and yeah, happy to be a help if I can be a help :-).
Hope you have a good weekend Loutre and that you and Rusty can have lots of fun together ^^.

10 Likes

This exactly this. Well done :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:.

Another option for new toons going forward, if people are say level vip 10, toons start at r0 when unlocked. Would be a huge qol then starting with level 40 or whatever depending on the vip level. Team level is ok, itā€™s the color cap increases that are killing morale with the stamina costs (maybe not to a few, but majority I would say)

3 Likes

Thanks and glad you think so Captain_C ^^.

As far as R0 that starts around level 125-130 I think, so maybe a bit big jump even if yes technically would be nice for the paying player, And I suppose technically fair if they are VIP 10 and have like over R10 characters and especially if having Yellow characters.

I think if PerBlue lowered the bits requirements amounts, and made it so that the level cap raises are every 4 yet and rank cap raises every 8 weeks then Disney Heroes could get a huge amount of returning players back as well as new players.

Disney Sorcererā€™s Arena recently did a thing that really angered their players, so if PerBlue wanted they could well capitalize on that and make Disney Heroes more appealing by the 2 things I suggested above, specifically that the players can keep up with 15 characters without paying and instead have to pay if they want to keep up with more than 15 characters.
Disney Heroes has now or soon 150 characters in the game, so 15 is just 10% of the whole character base so I definitely donā€™t see anything wrong letting players keep up with 15 characters as they likely have more than 15 Disney characters they like and as such have to pay for more so if they want to be able to keep up.

That is what Disney Heroes need in order to raise itself up again :-).

3 Likes

I believed since the first major scandal early in the games development (arena and coli, yā€™all rememberā€¦right?) That this game was going to die before 5 years. Iā€™m surprised it even made it 3, and Iā€™m even more surprised it took 3 years for playersā€¦who spend money at thatā€¦ to see how hard this company has been bending your wallet over for 3 years. They take your money and what do you get out of it? Enough stamina to go half a rank (at higher rank levels obv) and a few red skill boxes? Maybe a couple thousand badge bazaar tokens? A waste of time. They act like theyā€™re going to go bankrupt by lowering cost of stamina and skills.

I agree with others, itā€™s evident the devs donā€™t give a rats behind about this game anymore. Every contest is set to make players have 2 options: spend money, or get bad rewards. Contest rewards have been the same for mooonnthhhhsss and they are terrible. Updates are the same every single month: cap raise, shop shuffle, and new sign in. No updates to old boring game modes like war, and everything is so repetitive. The community is the literal only decent thing left in this game and I truly believe thatā€™s the only reason itā€™s still alive. I fully understand it takes time and money to make new updates and all that jazz, but we havenā€™t had anything new worthwhile at all. Some of the qol changes have been nice but look at the bigger picture. They give us something new they think we want to keep us quiet for a while. And a few months later we all come back here complaining again.

All that said, I have to say I donā€™t believe new staff is a sign of the game dying. Loutre seems a lot moreā€¦invested, for lack of a better word, than Polaris and it would make absolutely zero sense for a business to replace and/or hire new staff for a game that was dying.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree. If the game was dying, they wouldnā€™t be hiring new staff. It would be the opposite.

ā€¦Ok, Iā€™m still quite suspicious because of past experiences. But that might just be me freaking out for nothing.

8 Likes

Then again Loutre was recently hired, soā€¦ :thinking:

3 Likes

I am not sure if I remember the Arena and Coliseum thing, but if you could send a link to the part with it I would glad so that I can check it out :-). Might be something back in my mind that reacts, but nothing comes to mind specifically.

The first major UX(User Experience) diminishing I remember would be the economy change back around 1.17 back in January 2019:

While it would sure be nice if PerBlue reverted that change, but not sure how much of an issue gold is now. Of course not lost its value as we need a lot of gold still, but like compared to how big of an issue the Stamina Costs are the gold issues arenā€™t as urgent in my view.

PB thought it was a good idea to run live AB (and C and D lol) testing of pvp rewards on the same servers :stuck_out_tongue: not their finest moment.

Ah, yeah the rewards testing yeah. Remember it now, just wasnā€™t sure exactly what they meant.

Yeah it was pretty bad. Theyā€™ve had several bad moments like that. More than a company should in 3 short years lol. Soā€¦either we all like Disney too much to care or weā€™re all just tooā€¦something Iā€™m not allowed to say on the forum.

Agree 100%. I believe xp and stamina are the biggest issues. Thereā€™s tons of ways to get a lot of gold but thereā€™s only select ways to get stamina and xp. You either earn the small amounts of free stamina or you pay money for it. Xp is more urgent than it ever was imo bc it costs an ungodly amount to enhance the yellow badges. The amount gained from raiding or buying, either with $ or from mega Mart, or even from the port is too low is my opinion.

I, like many, was never lucky enough to have a large hoard of xp because I was spending it all on heroes. Now I have to decide between spending it on a hero or saving it for a whole week until I have enough for 1 battle badge. Since I already have 8 enhanced, it costs quite a bit now. Usually 2 daily port raids can generate enough xp to go maybe a couple hero levels (at high levels) and I feel it should be the same or maybe slightly higher for battle badges. It shouldnā€™t cost over 1000 of the 300,000 xp and then some to enhance a badge. Plus it takes your mega bits too and it takes days to save those for the next level as well. I mean come on.

1 Like

@aph In my view I think Disney Heroes is the best Disney RPG excluding Kingdom Hearts, like appealing visuals, decent gameplay, overall game mechanics are good, good aesthetics/art direction and a lot of decent story content.

It is only the economy problems in regards to how little we gain compared to how high the costs are, thatā€™s Disney Heroes main problem excluding Power Creep.
So Disney Heroes at the core is a good and appealing game, but yeah havenā€™t it been for the fact that the game had Disney characters I think the game would have gone down sooner more quickly, however in the end people will leave or stop spending most likely eventually if having too many frustrations in regards to the economy problems.

So yeah, thatā€™s the thing in terms of Disney Heroes I think.

In terms of EXP Bottles and the Battle Badge Enhancements I actually decided to not really care, causing me more mental stress than what I would like to have given the costs are so high, so yeah generally decided not to care about Enhancing Battle Badges.

As for if you switch to that kind of view like me is up to you, but yeah something to consider if you want to not worry about the EXP Bottle enhancement costs for the Battle Badges :-).

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Ā© Disney