International Deal Prices?

Nah they can’t figure out to get „their“ version of Trump out of business :joy:

• just kidding
    Back on topic
    The price increase is real here too in Germany :de:

Perblue puts the hurt on us…:joy:
This is way beyond description…

The thing is that if it’s all Google fees, this change will hurt both us and PerBlue :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You know sth ?!
I will put in a request/complaint at Google and find put what it is all about.
I will post screenshots ASAP

I just asked for a customer support call and will be contacted tomorrow - I let you guys know what’s going on

3 Likes

I was looking to do this myself. No reply from anyone here asked for contact details. Lol

We did not change the price in US $. I do have a bit more information that may help.

What I said earlier about the app stores setting the exchange rate and fees is correct. Apple, Amazon, and Sumsung all adjust how much they charge for currency conversion automatically from time to time. Google does not.

We recently updated our IAP package info in the Google store because we’re adding a couple of new price points at USD$15 and USD$35. It appears that this triggered the Google store to update its currency exchange rates for all the packages. Since we have not updated our core IAPs since the game launched, and the value of the US dollar has strengthened during the last year, there was an increase in international prices.

4 Likes

Ahh ok, that makes sense… that’s an unfortunate side effect for all concerned, I never felt like our GBP prices were on the low side :frowning: Do you think that the additional cost above exchange rate value (ie. the $20 packages being £18.99 instead of around £15.72) is just Google adding VAT / exchange fees?

Possibly. If you contact Google, they should be able to give you the breakdown of what you’re paying.

2 Likes

will do, thanks :slight_smile: i’ll update post if i hear back

1 Like

Dann macht bessere Angebote. Der halbe Server 16 ist seit gestern inaktiv.

2 Likes

Yes it is adding VAT onto the prices, in your example £18.99 equates to a rough exchange rate of $20 as £15.825 which is the price without the 20% vat .
All app developers set a rate for each package that they sell then google , apple etc add on the local taxes to each country as appropriate and at the local currency

while this is true per blue can say its affecting spending on game and that they should reconsider it.

1 Like

You would contact the “Better Business Bureu” and every big company is a part of the BBB. The BBB legally has to investigate every claim made against a company thats apart of the BBB. Ive made reports against companies before and sometimes problems were solved sometimes not, but it was always investigated. They give you updates on the case and everything and best of all ITS FREE…So why not

1 Like

Any news on this?

No answer yet

Ita a shame that no help is provided by PerBlue. Ultimate reason to stop spending altogether.

Strange thing is, that the Portal Quest deal prices are as they used to be for DHBM. I assume it’s a UI problem, but I can’t prove it.

Both screenshots were made today.

The game mechanic is called „dynamic pricing“ it’s a profitable (and unethical) meta game mechanics.

I found a very good article here:

Comparing prices between 2 different games is irrelevant to this discussion.

We do not use Dynamic Pricing. The prices for the diamond packs is set and has not changed since the game launched. We’ve added new pack at different price points, but the number of diamonds offered for $4.99 is the same since the game launched. This issue was related to currency exchange rates, which is not something that we control.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree that many game companies might use unethical ways to get more money but I trust PerBlue to not scam people.

They seem to take cheating and other things very seriously so I think we can trust them to be ethical in their business ways.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney