John Laurens (Hamilton Concept)

The next addition to my Hamilton concept series has arrived! I released this a bit later than I wanted to because of recent events here on the forums. I really hope everyone is enjoying these concepts, even if you may not be a fan of the musical. Feedback on the concept (positive and constructive) is always appreciated. There is no poll this time because the next one released will be Philip Hamilton, but the polls will return with his release. Enjoy!

John Laurens

Another one of Alexander’s best pals, John Laurens fights for freedom and wants to establish the first black battalion.

“Me, I died for him.”

:star2: :star2: Backline Support

Trial Team: Yellow

Animations

Entrance: Laurens walks in.
Victory: Laurens does the dance from Helpless.
Defeat: Laurens makes a look of disappointment.
Basic Attack: Laurens shoots his gun.

Skills

White - Tomorrow There’ll Be More of Us
Laurens goes to his weakest ally, telling them that there is hope for the future, healing them X HP and shield with X HP that lasts 7 seconds.

Green - Ten Duel Commandments
Fantastic Damage :sparkles:
At the start of each wave, Laurens fires his weapon at the enemies, dealing X damage and stunning them for 7 seconds. This also gives himself an X armor boost for the rest of the wave.

Blue - The Story of Tonight
Laurens takes a shot and tells a tale of a battle he fought in. This heals all allies X HP and gives them an X armor boost that lasts 9 seconds.

Purple - Raise a Glass to Freedom
“The Story of Tonight” gives allies crit immunity that lasts the remainder of the wave. Crit immunity may fail on allies over level X.

Red - Liberty for All
Armor boosts from “Ten Duel Commandments” and “The Story of Tonight” remain between waves. All heals from any source on Laurens’ team give him a 10% Basic Damage boost.

Additional Stat Boosts:
+X Max HP
+X Skill Power
+X Damage dealt in “Ten Duel Commandments”

Friendships

John Laurens/Eeyore
“Hopeful Lessons”
Shields & Armor
Shields from “Tomorrow There’ll Be More of Us” last an additional 3 seconds +2 per star
+X Armor given in “The Story of Tonight”

Allies: Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Alice

John Laurens/Megara
“Heroic Sacrifice”
Stuns & Basic Damage
Stuns in “Ten Duel Commandments” last an additional 3 seconds +2 per star
+X Basic Damage

Allies: Hercules, Hades, Beast

Hope you enjoyed! :smile:

6 Likes

Of course I have

But what happened to bright future?

I decided to change the name of the disk from the original. But it has the same idea.

Good concept either way

1 Like

What do John, Eeyore, and Meg got something common?

Question - are you familiar with the musical @Monarch_Mummy_V ? Depending on the response, I may have to explain more.

Well, not really

Ok, then the long version it is.

John Laurens is one of Alexander’s best friends from his days of fighting in the Revolutionary War. He wanted to establish the first black battalion in the United States Army, in the musical and historically. He was a member of the US Army and he fought for freedom with Alexander, Lafayette, Mulligan, and many other characters in the musical and in history. Because he was in the revolution, he was very hopeful and always tried to inspire diverse people to join in the revolution, especially because he was African American. He also died in a small battle that occurred after the Battle of Yorktown, where some American soliders were fighting the remains of the British.

So long story short:
He is friends with Meg because they both die and make sacrifices for others. Meg comes back, but you get the idea.
He is friends with Eeyore because he is a hopeful person and wants to help Eeyore realize that things will get better and show that he can have a bright future.

Nice. I just hope Eeyore isn’t like out of character like the part where Eeyore is dressed in Pooh shirt and eating honey, and too… happy. Especially the creepy smile that he give him

I do not think Hamilton would ever come into the game, because Disney does not own the rights to the musical or the characters, and only the filmed version. Still fun to make concepts of the characters though. Yeah I do not think it would be creepy, and instead really cute and adorable.

1 Like

I know. I just been thinking of Eeyore being happy

I love this concept, its the best I’ve read yet. I hope it makes it into the game

Hamilton characters are very VERY unlikely I doubt they’ll ever come

I actually have an idea for a Broadway character RPG game and Hamilton would definitely be in it. Disney does not own the rights to the musical, so they would never come into the game. They own the movie rights, but nothing else. It would be cool to see them come, but I do not see it happening due to issues with rights.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney