Just heard gold reward from surge is being lowered

That seems too much a compensation.

A better compensation is to reduce ALL skill level costs and also make reduce red skill level cost a little more to match a corresponding skill level cost.

Sorry for my ignorance but on server 21 I can’t get enough gold. It’s a struggle. How is spending gold on older servers such a problem? My port is maxed at unreal so I get a measly 13M gold for that four days a week. Surge gets me about 20M a day. I’m not an FTP so I get VIP rewards also.
I’ve sold all my red skill chips and XP drinks. There’s nothing left.

Partly, we are at higher level caps and the gold needed is higher. It is kind of a treadmill.

I think each skill to raise a level at next cap it is over a million. So 4 skills times 5 times say 1.1 million would be about 22 million per toon. So if you were to skill up 50 it would be about 1.1 million gold for skills alone.

Red skills start at like 1.4 mil per for the next cap hit so figure another 10 mill x 50 toons = another 500 mil gold

Then enhancing badges, probably around 1.5 mil average x 6 x 50 = 450 mil

2 billion gold needed (plus the cost to create all the badges) for the next level increase. Doesn’t seem terrible as long as we can earn that much in 25 to 30 days

I think your missing my question. I keep reading that it’s a struggle for you guys to spend gold.
The only difference (I believe) in gold access outside of $$ deals is surge rewards. Ports are at the same level.

Any word on this? Individual Hero Power or Team Power?

1 Like

That is a good point, there is a mixed message about needing more gold and having too much gold. Which is in line with what PB saying about the gold economy being broken.

There is a mix of people with no gold and people with 20 million, which leads to frustration.

It also leads to disagreements on how to fix it. Will lowering the income from top end surge help? Maybe, will giving people more things to spend gold on help? Maybe.

I plan to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what happens.

1 Like

ftfy

Same here, but I admit I’m starting out skeptical, if only because the 10M threshold for the downscaling strikes me as significantly too low. My secondary account didn’t start accumulating a surplus of gold until I started beating districts somewhere around 20M in power, which is one reason why I’ve been suggesting that as a more appropriate threshold.

Lol not enough at y6 smh

Don’t get enough need for enhancing and also need for battle badges

No change made but then you are making changes that makes sense not!!!

1 Like

Loutre made that comment in response to Numi asking for the gold decrease to be changed. So, yes, it makes sense to say “We won’t be changing the creep surge gold scaling in this upcoming update.”

3 Likes

I see where everyones coming at. I get and understand them all, including PBs. Obviously, i fit into 1 of these categories, but the bottom line is…why cry and complain when nothing has been changed yet? Wouldnt it make more sense to put in your thoughts and complaints after the changed has been made? And after you have experienced it?

Idk, i think PB is doing their best to make more balance in the game, which means there will will whinos and satisfidos.

Ok, now that i just saw the 1500 diamonds as compensation for this…now yall can complain. That wont compensate much

4 Likes

It has changed its massively decreased

1 Like

Loutre announced in the patch notes that the gold awarded in creep surge would be scaled down for districts above 10M in power.

Numi asked for the decrease to be changed.

Loutre stated that the gold scaling decrease in the upcoming update would not be changed.

Is that clear enough?

My friend’s account is ranked 983rd in Team Power on S2 with 24.44M

If we use the current Contest rankings as a measure, there are around 6200 active players on S2 currently.

This makes my friend around top 16% in Team Power - given that he has over double 10M, let’s guess that the cutoff for 10M is around 40%.

That’s less than half, yes, but hardly what I’d call a ‘minority’ as per the mailbox message - especially since this 40% are those who’ve spent either more time, or money (or both) on the game.

In fact, the number of people seeing 10M tiles in surge will be more than this 40% anyway, since it only requires 1 player over 10M TP to be in a guild for this to happen.

So it’s probably in fact over half of the active playerbase. :man_shrugging:

And of course, we have a double 400% bonus in surge today so that… well, either so that nobody notices the change and the outcry is delayed, or just to rub it in :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Servers 1 and 2 are the oldest and will have a higher % of over 10 million areas then lower servers.

So as a whole, the % that will see the change isn’t as high. Which is why more people from s1 and s2 are upset.

I sent out the comp myself and it did not go to 40% of all players. It was a small minority of all players.

2 Likes

That perhaps is an indication, then, of how difficult and lengthy of a grind it is to even reach 10M TP, less than 1/3 of the current power cap. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

What were the criteria for the comp?
People seeing 10M and higher areas in surge? People seeing 10M+ individual heroes in one surge area?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney