"Just Keep Swimming" - 2nd Grand Concept Creation Contest of 2021 [Announcement Post]

Hello dear forumers. It’s me, the one and only Scarlet_Captain. It’s this time of the year you’ve all been waiting for. Time for the 2nd Grand Concept Creation Contest of 2021 to crown the Grand Concept Creator of 2021.

student-loan-happy-disney

The last year has been a heck of a ride for all of us. We’ve been locked down into our homes, scared of this pandemic, but we keep in fighting and we’ll keep doing this until things get better. And what I really like about this forum is that, no matter what, our creativity and imagination was never gone. Yet, it has always been here. So there’s no better motto for this year’s contest than…

JUST KEEP SWIMMING!
giphy

This post is for the details so you can start thinking of your concepts and answer some questions you may have.

So, let’s go through the basic, shall we?

Judging
tumblr_lt36k6a5121qg35tio1_500
The judges will remain anonymous until the winners have been announced. There are judges for both likely and unlikely categories.

A few things the concepts will be judged by are:

• Skill Synergy
  • Creativity
  • Trueness to Character
  • Format Usage (See format below)

Format
tumblr_nx7fktf1IP1tg96lho6_400
All contestants MUST follow the format below. If not, points will be lost.

Name of hero:
Hero's Image
Source:

Description:

Quote:

Stats:

Trial Team:

Role:

Position:

Stars:

Animations:

Entrance:

Basic Attack:

Victory:

Defeat:

Skills:

White Skill: Name
Action

Green Skill: Name
Action

Blue Skill: Name
Action

Purple Skill: Name
Action

Red Skill: Name
Action

Friendships:

• Hero/Friend 1

Allies:
Campaign Name:
Disk’s Actions

• Hero/Friend 1

Allies:
Campaign Name:
Disk’s Actions

Adding pictures for skills is not required, but recommended to give concepts more life.

Time and Date
117af386e8a111d22f780f8b36dd46db
This post is only for the details of the contest. The submissions post will open sometime on Thursday, April 8th. They will be open for you to submit your concepts until Sunday, April 18th. You will know they are closed when I post a message saying “submission time is over”. Any concepts posted after that will not be judged.
The judges will grade the concepts from Monday April 19th to Tuesday April 20th. The winner will be announced sometime Wednesday April 21st, the World Creativity Day.

RULES
tumblr_p1bxs96wSS1thu2vbo4_540
The Rules For Likely Category

1. Each participant can submit ONLY ONE concept in the likely category.

2. The concepts must abide forum rules. No swearing or inappropriate things.

3. All friendship disks must be with characters currently in the game.

4. A concept previously posted on the forums will be disqualified.

5. The character must be from a Disney or Pixar movie/cartoon. Properties of Disney like Marvel and Star Wars belong in the Unlikely Category.

6. The character cannot already exist ingame.

7. Submissions MUST follow format.

Rules For The Unlikely Category

1. Each participant can submit ONLY ONE concept in the unlikely category.

2. The concepts must abide forum rules. No swearing or inappropriate things.

3. All friendship disks must be with characters currently in the game.

4. A concept previously posted on the forums will be disqualified.

5. The concept may be about any character from any media, excluding characters exclusively from YouTube and other video platforms.

6. Bio information and source are necessary for Unlikely concepts for the judges to understand who the character is.

7. Submissions MUST follow format.

So there you have it folks! You can use this thread to ask questions about the contest, and I will do my best to answer! Remember to have fun as you make your concepts! Good luck everyone…
anigif_enhanced-2229-1596061648-17

32 Likes

As in we must include all of the stated details or does it have to visually look exactly like that format?

Also, are we allowed to include Battle Badges?

2 Likes

That’ll be good but if you can’t do it, I just want it be easy-to-read.

They are surpluses and not necessary. You won’t lose any point but you won’t gain any either.

5 Likes

Is trial team really necessary? I’ve never understood the need to put them in concepts so I just roll a dice and assign characters a random trial team. Does that work or is there some rule for it?

6 Likes

For consistency with the previous unlikely concepts you’ve made or to add onto a preexisting franchise in game. For example, a Toy Story character concept you make would have to be in the Blue Team as the in game characters are.

11 Likes

I’m not affiliated with the judging of contests, but I thought I’d link Pawpsicle’s very handy text formatting topic to make it easier to follow the formatting.

Pawpsicle’s Forum Text Formatting Guide

3 Likes

There’s not a special rule for the trial teams except from franchises already in the game like @Commander-Rex said.

1 Like

Fun! I hope I can make a concept in time…

2 Likes

So we have to do a concept that fits the theme? Or can we do any concept?

2 Likes

Anything you won’t. Just make sure you follow the rules! Show your creativity and imagination!

3 Likes

Are we allowed to make our own topic for submissions?

1 Like

That’s the way it will be this year. You create a new topic for the concept and you’ll paste the link in the submissions thread.

7 Likes

So can I use my own format? It’s a bit easier that way and I’m sure you can read it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can but it has to include all the informations of the format above.

3 Likes

I haven’t been making a concept for a long time. I might consider going back making one

1 Like

Am I allowed to get help on the concept(s) I submit beforehand? Like in my concept preview PM and things like that?

1 Like

Good question.

Would it also be possible to give us some more time since we can submit 2 concepts?

1 Like

The requirement actually confused me like do they post earlier before the event started or just posted the same copy?

1 Like

Both. All concepts must be uploaded within the time limit of the contest which is highlighted above. Concepts out of this limit, won’t be acceptable.

You can get INSPIRED by your previous concepts, if that’s what you ask.

Unfortunately, that’s not possible cause the results must be out till April 21st, the World Creativity Day. It’s my fault that I didn’t started this earlier.

5 Likes

I worded this wrong. I meant, am I allowed to get help from others for making my concept?

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney