Live Dev Q&A - March 2022

Don’t scare me like that :joy:

3 Likes

Elsa’s visual update actually came as a request from Disney, to update her look to match her Frozen II costume for the Frozen II release! :snowflake:

2 Likes

Thank you! If you happen to remember those cool ideas please post them!

Oh now that you mention it, is there a chance for Disney having a request about some other heroes? Or is there some kind of frequency?

1 Like

Hope it is going well for the new team members and wish them the best of luck :-).

In terms of refreshes as a whole, different characters need different types of refreshes.
Some characters only need a stat refresh to be viable again.
Other characters need a stat refresh and a skill duration increase. (Like 3 seconds long stun).
A decent amount of old characters likely need a stat buff, skill duration increase and some new status effects different kinds.
Some characters may need a completely new skillset optimally, which would mean new animations maybe, like Elsa’s refresh beside the clothing change.

So yeah, this is something to keep in mind when doing refreshes :-).

1 Like

We have a rotation schedule for the special crates that we’ve been using since the Prize Wall started. That said, we could shake things up at any time!

I suspect there’s a lot of talented artists in the Disney heroes community. Would you ever consider hosting art contests?

1 Like

Well, we kinda know them by now, which isn’t Bad per se.

Although Sarah does seem to perform not that well whilst still being in the crate.

1 Like

Sure do! “hello… fellow players…” :laughing:

2 Likes

We are not allowed to judge or give out rewards for a contest like that. You guys can have your own contests though!

1 Like

Fair enough!

Disney may sometimes make suggestions or provide materials for potential Heroes, but in the end, the DH team decides who goes into the game. We do poll the whole studio and keep a careful eye on the forums for suggestions though! :eye: Always watching…

1 Like

It would be kinda interesting if Disney picked on some shorts’ ideas from the game. Some friend campaigns would be rather funny to watch.

2 Likes

Here’s a good one. What was the character that you guys were most excited about releasing?

1 Like

Something I’d actually be interested to know is how heroes are actually balanced, though I suspect the answer is a whole lot more convoluted than can be fit into a forum comment :sweat_smile:

I assume that the values of each of the heroes stats, and the badges they acquire through their ranks are not just plucked from thin air and are somehow calculated to produce an end result that fits with what role the team envisages the hero performing in the game.

We’ve heard whispers of the so-called ‘balancer’ that conjures up images of an Imitation Game style super-computer, but as a developer and just an inquisitive person in general it would be interesting to know what actually goes into deciding on and putting together how a hero turns out!

1 Like

I was most excited about Kim Possible!

6 Likes

okay so you do know how the div 1 defenses consist of same toon each season. Does it bother you as a player seeing hades, kronk meg angel joy everywhere?

Friendship campaigns are one of the most amusing things to test :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh no. Ohhhh noooo.

2 Likes

Speaking about Sarah… I kinda wanna ask what you guys were going for with her skills? She seems so much weaker than any hero released in a LONG time, so I wonder if we’re just doing something wrong? If it was just something like a new Hiro with the distract effect, I would say her low stats kinda made that fail :sweat_smile:
Can say increasing the area of effect of her Winnie disk would already make her much better

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney