Live Dev Q&A - March 2022

She’s fighting Ralph and others. Yes…

It is pretty funny to test the heroes solo in Surge against like R19 heroes and see them fail (well, not really)

(The Sanderson Sisters!!)
I was really excited when Bolt was released. I drew him myself! :art:

6 Likes

Happened to noticed this in the hiring section on your website, and I got to say it makes me really happy to see as a story lover ^^.
Content Designer/Game Writer - PerBlue

Really hope we get more story content soon, have dearly missed story content like the Friend Campaigns having something new every stage and just every chapter, as well Friendship Mission Story content so yeah really hope to see more story content in the game again eventually :-).

1 Like

Ey ey credits, write that somewhere guys! :joy:

5 Likes

That is an opening for another game.

Oh. Well, best of luck on that game then ^^.

That said, really hope to see more story content in Disney Heroes again soon :-).

1 Like

Hmmm…

What was your favorite friendship that you guys made? Friendship campaign?

Also you will have to draw the other Bolt characters too @Coach :eyes:

4 Likes

5 minute warning!!

2 Likes

Take off soon!

With that I want to say best of luck to all those people who have recently been hired and hope they are enjoying their time at PerBlue :-).

1 Like

Ralph is better than Sarah, which is… as bad as cool to see old Ralph being better than someone.

Any sneak-peeks for the 4th Anniversary? Some kind of new mode, event, heroes spoiled via emojis as usually would be nice :eyes:
When the starting screen will be changed again, to feature newer heroes, would be great to see some KP heroes and Bolt when turning the game on.

Could we see more stat refresh for A-tier heroes, which are good but just have poor base stats? Talking about Joy, Hatter, Kim (give her team heal back :sob:), EVE, Ursula, Yax (he isn’t starting hero), Meg.
And about Joy and Meg, their evasion/tenacity from red skills are falling apart, 4 months and the stats will be below the cap.

I would sure like looking at the graphs with you guys! Sad that I can never apply to PerBlue since… European lol

9 Likes

Yes, balance is a pretty intensive process to explain here but here is a quick high level overview:

• When the Hero is ready the designer plays with the Hero in combat to check their initial stats and make sure the kit is performing as intended
  • Then we run the balancer which performs tons of generations
  • Each generation is like a big tournament
  • When a generation completes, the balancer will keep the winning lineups and adjust the losing lineups
  • Once the whole process is done we then get data on how each hero performs which we reference in a spreadsheet
  • Then we make stat adjustments and repeat the whole process until we are happy with the Hero

There is a lot that goes into this but it’s actually are really fun process!

5 Likes

And from recent Disney movies which still doesn’t have representation here, which was most enjoyable?

• Soul
  • Cruella
  • Turning Red
  • Luca
  • Encanto
  • ???

Who doesn’t like a giant red panda?

5 Likes

Not sure if it is a secret thing, but could we get to see a little video of such tournament some time? :-).

Q&A done!!!

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney