Losing in war STINKS! Here are some suggestions

Juicy Warriors is ranked 15th in team power on Server 2, we have 50 active members and we have been buying war perks since they became available, comparable to the top 5’s war perk purchases.

We have planned a lot for war, using accounts on server 1 just to get a head start on war planning. We have lost both of our first two wars by close margins, which stinks, and we got absolutely nothing in return.

This would be fine IF AND ONLY IF weaker/worse guilds got nothing for wars. However, this is not the case. Here is the bottom of the Server 2 war rankings.

To give you an idea of the power of those guilds here are two of them:

Essentially, top guilds get punished for being top guilds, while weaker guilds get better rewards for minimal effort.

I am not saying that we should be given rewards for nothing, but the rating system needs a lot of work in my opinion.

I can almost guarantee that some of those lower guilds did not destroy more than 1-2 cars in total for their wins, while we have destroyed 4 in both wars. One suggestion: give loss rewards based on the number of cars destroyed, so that way it’s a little more fair for top guilds that just happen to lose close matches.

What are your thoughts on this?

EDIT: Currently we are 0/2 in War, and we are facing a guild that is 1/1. That seems unfair. Another problem with matching. Unless we drew the short stick, people should face guilds of equal winrates

4 Likes

I do agree that the rewards do not reflect the time and resources invested, win OR lose. We continue getting daily arena and coliseum rewards, even if we lost our battles for the day. Perhaps adding in a daily reward based on guild rank?

Even when you win, the rewards are not worth the considerable amount of CW or arena tokens that are used in sabotages. Most people will see a greater return by spending their tokens on badges and chips rather then investing in guild war sabotages for such meager rewards. I’m hoping the rewards get considerably better with rank.

3 Likes

Daily rewards based on guild rank would be great! And yeah sabotage is expensive but rewards ramp up nicely. this is an example from my server 1 guild that won 3 wars in a row:

Good thread - it seems like abuse of the system that “guilds” in a “guild war” are rewarded for having 1-2 members and beating a single lineup. Meanwhile actual guilds fighting a war are investing serious time and resources and being pushed down rankings.

Everyone would be better off as a one person guild at this point and surely that isn’t the intent of this game mode, is it?

2 Likes

Yeah if everyone did solo guilds they’d get better rewards. I didn’t even think about that. That’s a terrible incentive to have.

I see said the blind man

Lets face it, the MMR is going to pit those smaller guilds against bigger guilds eventually and they’re going to get ahnialated. Give it time.

1 Like

100% agree, some war crates should be awarded to losing teams for defeating so many cars - or hitting so many points.

Top guilds are buying perks like crazy to stay competitive. Lower guilds are buying none and can win just as many, if not more wars.

2 Likes

The season resets after a month, how can time possibly help such a broken system?

Saint Seya still has 1 person in it, and Hey Fam has 19.

Please fix this bunk match making soon.

Is there anything that is going to be done @Polaris?

1 Like

I take back what I said. The match making is broken right now.

2 Likes

Funny watching guild war ranks being the recruiting pitch now. We can’t even get ranked because we lost our first match to the #1 guild but beat what were (at the time) the #2 guilds in War back to back and we are still not even in the top tier but those guild that aren’t even full are all ahead of us with this system.

1 Like

It’s a strange system, unless your Going Turbo (server 1) it’s just a matter of time before you start losing.

I guess that isn’t necessarily flawed, but the fact is you will sometimes lose because matchmaking puts you against someone significantly superior in power…your doomed to walk away with nothing regardless of your war abilities as a guild. (oh except the lowly daily which should be more)

I really do believe a system needs to be in place for losing guilds to get at least 1 war crate under certain conditions.

Otherwise you may as well only try against easier or fair opponents, and just wave the white flag against a stronger opponent. Which is boring as hell for those stronger guilds who want some competition.

But why push the proverbial up hill if you will get the same reward for one mindless sabotage and one mindless attack?

It’s almost the opposite of heists, there you can do literally nothing and get max reward. Here due to matchmaking it doesn’t matter how competent you are…sometimes you’ll get nothing due to a bad match.

Both are real issues that need to be addressed.

2 Likes

Yeah I hate putting so much work into war just to lose and get absolutely nothing because I was so good at recruiting I helped our guild become 15th in the server.

So match ups like this ruin the fun for the game when you’re on the losing team. My guild has only won 4 guild wars (including this one) and based on previous matches we likely won’t get into legendary before the end of the month unless we are going to get a lot like this: even though we are in the top 15 guilds on server 2. Not due to being bad, but due to bad match making.

Is this issue even being looked into? Why should good guilds be punished with bad matching while not as good guilds can luck into legendary even if they are not even in the top 100 of guilds?

If matchmaking was good there would be some better beariers to entry into legendary that would be equal for everyone. I feel as though MMR changes aren’t balanced enough, and that will never even out in time for month long seasons.

Also: Why do guilds in legendary stop getting war crates as rewards for wins?

Please fix these war issues.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney