Mailbox Emptied?!

I see, thanks for clarifying for those that were affected. Just to check, what would happen if the auto-collected messages overflow the 10k guild coin cap?

A couple of suggestions I’d have -

• The support page for this needs updating to reflect that change - it still shows that messages (other than those that do) do not expire - which technically they still don’t then, but it’s very misleading

• Could some sort of UI addition reflect this in the mailbox? ie. a highlight around messages that are about to auto-collect in X days. Might come in handy for players to see more easily where their messages are going.

Also - for people who have the guild crate hero at 6* with many additional chips, it’s not really desirable to keep opening guild crates, which is why the coins get hoarded in the mailbox in the first place - to avoid losing them to the 10k cap. Can something be done about this?

3 Likes

@Polaris Since there was no warning about this it does not matter that the coins were applied to the accounts. For most of the players that this affected they were probably at the 10k limit before the auto collect. So those EARNED coins just vanished. The players were never given the opportunity to spent the currency they earned. Even though for most of us it would be wasted. If this was in the works we should have been warned and/or the cap should have been raised.

3 Likes

When mail messages are auto-collected, it allows players to go over the 10K limit, so nothing was lost.

Edit: This information is not correct. That is the intended behavior, but it isn’t working that way. Please be sure to collect your older mail messages or be sure you are not at the max for Guild Coins.

5 Likes

I can confirm that tokens were added to my account, but ONLY to the 10k limit. And I had months of coins… There really should have been an announcement about this and I would have used all of my coins… Now I’m just supposed to accept that they’re gone? This is ridiculous

1 Like

Also, if you don’t want us to hoard coins, give us something useful to spend them on… No one needs thousands of spare chips for 1 specific hero :frowning:

2 Likes

So @Polaris… 5 days later we get an announcement about coins being taken from our mailboxes. Is anything being done about what was lost? Seeing as no warnings were given beforehand

2 Likes

This needs to be addressed. Coins were lost if your guild coin storage was maxxed and your messages were auto collected. I don’t think I was affected but i know others who were.

2 Likes

I literally lost months of coins. If there was advance notice and I didn’t use them that would have been my fault. But no one knew

2 Likes

Just found out I lost all the coins I saved in my mailbox since early July. I did NOT get those coins and did NOT go over 10k. I receive 9 mercs * 150 coins per day so 1350 each day. That should put me well over 80k coins for just 2 months. I did not get those so give me back my coins!!! I saved them for a reason and you just stole them!!

2 Likes

@Polaris there does seem like an issue here, the announcement in-game contradicts the explanation given previously here and also by support. It would seem that people who’s guild coins would’ve gone over 10k did not receive them :frowning_face:

(also, I might add that for something causing people a fair bit of justified annoyance, opening the announcement with “No more hoarding mail!” is perhaps not so wise :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Yeah. I am missing SO many coins.

Sorry, got distracted on my way to post here.

The guild coins are supposed to go over cap, but they don’t. If you were at cap and feel you missed coins, please send in a support ticket so we can verify.

4 Likes

Does anyone even complained about performance issues?? What are those performance issues?

there absolutely was a serious lag once you had about 4 months worth of mail saved up. but many of us were willing to deal with it in order to hoard the tokies. so much for playing the game our way.

3 Likes

im missing a bunch of coins myself not as many as others but a bunch

Exactly. People either wanted to wait for a guild crate hero that they wanted to work on, or wanted to save the coins for the guild contest that happens every 5-6 weeks. Now instead we’re being dictated to as to how to play the game.

The worst thing about this is the lack of upfront communication. This apparently went into effect a couple weeks ago, but was only addressed after people pointed it out on here. And to make it that players have to figure out if they lost coins, that’s unfair as well. It should be PB that refunds the coins lost in a proactive manner rather than hoping people don’t notice and thus don’t have to credit them.

All coming from the same folks that can’t even release a poster for the war season that ended September 30th. Real good look.

10 Likes

I had asked support a few months ago and they confirmed that these mails do NOT expire. That is why I hoarded them!

1 Like

Lol so true. They can take the time to release a note about the missing old poster, but not a note to warn us ahead of time about the guild coins disappearing?

We got robbed:(

2 Likes

Lovely that is a whole lot of work coming your way that could have easily been avoided:(

1 Like

@Polaris Would it not be simpler to remove the 10k limit entirely? What’s different here than the other coins is that once you get close to 10k you are forced to purchase something you may not need or want (unlike choosing to use the other coin types when you want to use them…also, they have no cap).

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney