Mercenary costs need a reduction again

Mercenary costs have gone sky high recently and we need an adjustment on the prices again.

It’s been quite a few months since the last merc cost adjustment took place.

My home server of 21 heroes are routinely reaching over 200k coins to hire them and that seems extreme since the guild coins from hiring them are valuable to most members.

I try to higher as many as I can to especially help my lower members but it’s just to high on costs now.

@Loutre was hoping if you could have the team look into possibly lowering the costs again to rebalance things for all

Mercenary hiring costs were reduced game-wide in Update 2.2 last July. Other than guild perks and that one-time reduction, the only thing that changes the costs of mercenaries is their power: the higher a hero’s power climbs over time, the more it costs to hire them. And, of course, a hero’s power going higher means they’re getting stronger, so they can defeat more power in surge. The more power you beat in surge, the more gold you get from it. So, essentially, the more gold a merc costs, the more gold they can help earn for you.

That doesn’t help in your particular case, of course; I’ll also hire some mercs who would otherwise go unused to help out guildmates, which usually means burning them off in lost battles that don’t earn any gold. Other than such altruistic hires, though, I don’t think merc costs have gotten too high.

(And just to cut off any questions about it ahead of time, that first paragraph is referring to the costs/power/strength of a single hero. So, e.g., a Ralph that costs 250k gold is going to be stronger than a Ralph that costs 100k gold, but is probably not stronger than a Mulan that costs 100k gold.)

Now that surge gold rewards have been or will be reduced, merc costs should also be reduced. I can hire a merc for 3 mil gold and win a surge to get 4 mil gold. Not too bad, unless you have one of those bad days and lose 3 straight surge battles in row. 9 mil of your gold, gone :hushed:

Makes it risky to hire mercs

3 Likes

yup this should definitely be look into since PB have reduced Surge gold. there will definitely be some cause and effect.

Yep, I barely get any gold.

Mercs is too expensive.

And high districts got 50% gold nerf :confused:

1 Like

@Loutre can the team take a look

All of the economy is being looked at which I believe was mentioned in the State of the Game post.

Yes but this economy is current day with the surge gold reduction you just implemented it really hurts the little people in the guild

Yes and we are continuing to watch the economy in all places after the gold reduction.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney