Mod Upgrades

Mod Upgrades

Some servers now have the option to upgrade mods to give them secondary effects in combat. The types of upgrades available depend on the shape of the mod. Upgrading a mod requires new mod upgrade pieces.

Choosing Upgrades

Once a mod reaches level 30, you now have 3 different upgrades you can pick. Collect 15 mod upgrade pieces for the upgrade that you want and then use them to upgrade the mod.

Improving Upgrades

Once a mod reaches level 40, it can be upgraded again by spending 40 more mod upgrade pieces of the same type. Each mod can have only one type of upgrade.

Upgrade Types

The shape of the mod determines which 3 upgrades a mod can potentially have. The color of the mod doesn’t affect upgrades.

Earning Mod Upgrade Pieces

Mod Upgrade Pieces can be earned from Invasion, starting the week after the 1.11 update (July 15). Only 3 types of Mod Upgrade Pieces will be available in Invasion to start: Armor, Purple Skill Levels, and Normal Crit. Only one type will be available each week. The other types will be coming soon.

18 Likes

So like my Stitch has all three types of blue mod (the square, circle, diamond). If I wanna upgrade the square one, I can choose from attack slows, normal crit, or fantastic? And will we be able to add more than just one to a square mod in the future?

But this sounds nice! Stronger heroes!

1 Like

Yes, with square mods, you choose one from attack speed, normal cit, or fantastic crit.
Just one upgrade per mod, so once you choose an upgrade, you can’t change it to a different one.

4 Likes

Ok good to know! Thanks! So quick and helpful as always!

3 Likes

@Polaris Thank you polaris

Sweet! I was thinking about suggesting something along these lines, except the secondary effect being based on color and covering that trial team’s weakness.

3 Likes

Now I just need to collect two more of each mod so I can have all three upgrades.

2 Likes

Why is server 18 the only one that can’t upgrade mods now?

2 Likes

@Sir_Norton_Tarle

It’s available only on S1.

1 Like

I thought many servers could upgrade? In server 8 I can upgrade mods from +2 to a +3.

1 Like

Advancing and upgrading mods are two different things.

That’s advancing.
Upgrading is new feature, only on s1.

Upgrading screen of HP mods.
2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying didnt understand upgrade and advancement were separate things.

1 Like

Armour HP mods will make zurg a overpowered beast. I hope server 16 gets these mod upgrades soon.

1 Like

Huh? I dont get it

1 Like

You can now add buffs to mods so that the hero who is equipped with a level 30 or higher mod can have this bonus in battle.

1 Like

Oh I’m in sever 10 and 19 and I have mods in all of my main 3 teams but my Ralph has 2 mods at level 30 and I can’t level it up more but my Barbosa had a level 34 mod

1 Like

Can points to claim rewards in invasion reduce?
It’s impossible to most of players to get upgrade materials, it’s making chaos and unbalance in PVP modes. Afterall, pointless addition which did more bad things than good, plans were great, revive heroes with poor armor (Sulley/Nick) or reality (DW/Jessie) and give other boosts, but of course it’s hidden behind pay wall.

4 Likes

(Once 1.12 goes lives) Yay 2-17 also have it now! @TherMasterStitch

1 Like

Whatever happened to these, have they been abandoned? It’s been 6 months!

3 Likes

I’ve brought this up many times, PerBlue simply don’t care about adding anything other than new heroes or consumables they can sell.

And to give this statement weight we now have many months worth of proof. Absolutely nothing we’ve asked for in way of ADDITIONAL CONTENT has been added.

I’ve praised some of the Qol changes and the increase to daily free earnings but this doesn’t pass as content, we want some sort of challenge from the game with our Red+4 heroes.

There is no way I could accept an answer from Perblue that they “listen to us” and “care about what players want”.

Actions speak and Perblue haven’t delivered a single action in 6 months that shows me they are listening.
What ever happened to the “state of the game” post that we were expecting before Christmas.

Even if 1.16 gives us Red Skills (on the rest of the Red servers) it’s too little too late.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney