Mods - what's the plans here perBlue?

So in November last year Mods got introduced, to server 1 only.

What is the future plans here perBlue?

Will there be changes? Will they be rolled out to all servers?

Also how do players feel about them?

I found it odd that the last fortify event didn’t feature any mods, it makes me think some changes are coming. I and many in game have ran out of mod power and cannot advance any further with them.

Also they said they were releasing invasion mode hopefully before the end of the year. That didn’t pan out. Holiday break got in the way.

Hiest is still broken from last update. Over 2 weeks now. No lobby. I haven’t seen an acknowledgement other than it’s a known issue.

I think the mods were introduced just to try and get people to buy them for diamonds. There is no other real way to earn them.

Wish you the best in getting an answer. I seem to get better feedback from a magic 8 ball.

We are still working on expanding Mods and releasing Invasion. The original plan was to release it before the winter break, but the feature needed more work, so it was pushed back to later this month. We had an internal play test yesterday! Mods and Invasion are tied together, so more Mods and Mod Power will be coming with Invasion.

We’d love to hear feedback about Mods from server 1 players!

Some feedback to give, they’re currently a very background thing, that offers very small power boosts. So small they’re negligible. HP boosts that, unless they get significantly bigger in upper levels, barely register a single hits worth of additional health. The bonuses are just too small to be worth the effort.

Example.

Moana, level 100 O2 basic damage with badges enhanced: 11088 + 1185 + 1081 = 13354
With a yellow basic damage mod at level 10, add 236 to that. Not even a 2% increase in basic damage on a mod halfway to maximum level, which costs 3500 mod power to level up right now.

All in all, I’m very indifferent about them. They don’t give enough of an edge to be something I’d work on, but I’ll use them just because they’re available. Once the red ! goes away, I forget all about them.

Suggested improvements: remove static increase values and replace with percentage increases. This will be especially important as the team level and gear rarity increases, as the static values will become smaller and smaller in relation to the heroes base stats. As they are now it’d be a big power bump at G1, unnoticeable at O2.

1 Like

Same as @Jackal403 said.

HP mods are useless, should be buffed and give ×3/4 more HP than now.
Other mods should be also buffed but only x2.
Also reduce cost of upgrading mods.
That’s all.

Agree with the 2 guys above me, i play mainly on server6 cause i started there and i have a maxed account but also have a lv75 account on server1 i started half november just to keep eyes on new stuff like badge disks and also mods and even at that low level the difference is minimal and there is no way to get mod energy. Maybe giving mod energy like disk power through cw heist or something else (i imagine invasion will be a new game mode that will introduce mod energy as reward) will change things a little bit.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney