More hero mastery categories

We have some many more heroes now and very little collection mastery categories have been added since its conception. We could have anything from more movie specific to broader terms.

A few collections we could have, as examples: Mickey Mouse characters, villains, animals, mulan characters, inside out characters, “team” characters (HD&L, Sully&Boo, Hank&Dory, etc).

4 Likes

I don’t think villains or heroes should be a collection as the villain category would be too small and the hero category would be too big.

And Alice in Wonderland isn’t?

5 Likes

And why would Villains be too small? :thinking: We’ve got a lot of them…

2 Likes

I honestly find it baffling that there’s no Villains collection yet. And I love the idea of a “team” characters collection.

6 Likes

A hero collection of heroes would be most of the roster of characters. The Alice in Wonderland collection may be small but that doesn’t justify a collection for villains or heroes.

Potential characters for a Villains collection: Captain Hook, Davy Jones, Dr. Facilier, Emperor Zurg (?), Evil Queen, Gaston, Hades, Hector Barbossa (?), Jafar, King Louie, LS&B, Madam Mim, Magica De Spell, Maleficent, Megavolt, Oogie Boogie, the Queen of Hearts, Randall Boggs, Scar, Shan Yu, Syndrome, Ursula, Yzma. That’s 21 to 23 characters; only 5 of the current 15 collections have more characters than that.

5 Likes

I would consider Zurg and Barbosa villains. King Louie, not so much, his modern version yeah, but not the classic (hes not evil, just crazy and he has good chemistry with Baloo), Shere Khan and Kaa, by the part (when they come to the game, sure)

1 Like

Well… Zurg in the movie is just a minor character, and Barbossa has redeemed himself in the POTC franchise :man_shrugging:

1 Like

True, but in the game, Zurg talks like Buzz in the first movie (he thinks is the villain of a cartoon) and Barbossa, well, its complicated. Plus, both were categorized like villains when the invasion had Special bonus in villains

1 Like

That’s the main reason I included him; while he’s, at most, a tertiary antagonist in Toy Story 2 and is apparently redeemed even before the climax of the movie, he definitely acts like a megalomaniacal villain within the game itself.

Of the characters I listed, Barbossa is the one I have the most doubt about including; still, he was unquestionably the villain of the first movie, and in the third and fourth movies acted more like a frenemy or a reluctantly-allied rival than a truly redeemed villain. (I haven’t seen the fifth, so I don’t know if his characterization changed any in that film.) Regardless of my personal indecision, I think it’s likely that PerBlue would include him in a Villains collection if they ever implement one, particularly since, as @Gobernador_Flynn_X pointed out, he was included in the special Villains Invasion roster.

In the original animated The Jungle Book, he did have Mowgli kidnapped, and while he did so in order to try to keep Mowgli in the jungle in exchange for the secret of fire, it’s implied that he wouldn’t take it very well once he was convinced Mowgli didn’t know the secret himself. King Louie is a borderline case, but again I think it’s more likely PerBlue would include him in a Villains collection.

You want a spoiler?

Since I don’t plan to see the fifth movie, sure, but send it via PM to make sure no one stumbles across it accidentally.

Dont worry, I havent see the movie too, but I know how it ends

Yeah, Louie is more a Neutral character

1 Like

I like working on Mastery and would welcome additions. Main concern is what stat buffs would be affected? Unintended consequences is all: if Villain collection gave out evasion boosts and then Gaston is untouchable type of thing.

-Inside Out only if we get Bing-Bong. 5 just is too tight. they could all use some speed.

-I would like a collection for Summoners/familiars: Hiro, Sven, Jasmine, Davy, Shan Yu, would Beakers count? Maybe a boost to armor for the familiar for mastering levels.
*see also refresh Aladdin : give him Apu who steals energy.

-Animals (who don’t wear clothes aka not as much anthropomorphizing aka true to form) H&D, Lion King, Balou, louie, Bambi But I would also include Cheshire, and Randall and eeyore

-Having a collection for scarers would be a fun Mastery! Bring it back if it was ever a thing

• stack masters: Megavolt, Sally, Pooh, Sadness, Goofy, Pleakly

• one for stars of Disney Shorts: all the mickey gang, frozen fever, tangled ever after, include throwbacks to older movies too: winnie the pooh, scrooge, chip&Dale

-Yes to villains! Mos def! I would recommend they increase reality negation.
King Louie as villain in so much as Lando Calrisian was.
Barbossa is thoroughly villainous and anti-hero at best. I think cooperation and charm do not redeem his motivation which is the enemy of Jack Sparrow.
I think Tia has some shady areas- she is basically an evil witch.
But If you were to pick one from the franchise Davy is the clear choice. He is trying to villain the villains!

Zurg is a Villain 100%!!! Is he Lotsa bad? No, but THAT IS ALL HE DOES!!! Like Pinky and the Brain but with pure RULE THE GALAXY drive. He self identifies as villain, he carries his devotion to his part INTO EVERY INTERACTION WITH THOSE PUNY TOYS!!! Again the fact that he is lovable does not change his role. Even Hiro tried but in the end Zurg gonna villain.
Minions count towards villainy. LSB should be included in the collection.

1 Like

So 23 is small (Since there are 23 villains in total)

2 Likes

Damage or stun collection, anyone?

1 Like

Uh, rude.

Villain collection should :man_shrugging:

We got Princess collection, so why not?

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney