More Kristoff Gameplay + Meta Commentary

Commentary
  • Even more gameplay footage of Kristoff and Sven! The main take away is that it’s gonna feel wrong to NOT team them up with other freeze heroes. It’s like knowingly giving your child a Digimon plushy even when they specifically asked for a Pokémon plushy so then you hope they wouldn’t notice.

• I unfortunately couldn’t get experimental with other freeze heroes like Powerline and Merida. My investment on other heroes just aren’t up to par. Still, I feel like at least Powerline would have made a powerful ally for Kristoff.

• I actually think Kristoff is most similar to Yax than I initially thought. Kristoff just so happens to be better at everything. That said, they do suffer the exact same issue to building their Energy much too slow.

• So having Sven makes a difference—not well presented in my videos, unfortunately. Anyway, I noticed in many other fights that the Skill Power Sven gives while present makes a great difference! It is especially important to Kristoff’s healing, as he will obviously heal more.

• But if Sven leaves, Kristoff’s healing gets cut down some. Sven should ideally be protected since he can’t come back again after he goes, unlike the Megabot and Rajah. Unless they have the Red Skill, Sven will never come back after leaving and is otherwise a pale imitation of the aforementioned bot and tiger.

• Every single enemy team I faced had Duke&Meg in them. I only noticed after I published the video. Now, is it surprising? Of course not. Thing is, Duke’s Red Skill allows him to do excessive damage if given that opportunity only once.

• Be warned: Duke’s Red Skill demands an insane of resources to max. It must be maxed to maintain it’s basic function.

Music used: Suleth Waterscape (FF13 OST)

10 Likes

I loved reading both of your posts on Kristoff, especially the cheeky commentary :laughing:

That being said, Kristoff can work as being the sole Freezer, so as long as you pair him with allies who can Slow or can disrupt the enemy team with ailments, in addition to allies who can Speed him up

My current team is Alice (Mi), Kristoff and Sven, The Mad Hatter (Al), The Queen of Hearts (Re) and Gerald Marlin and Nemo - I replaced Miguel with him and he works excellent with the Wonderland heroes, mainly because his Purple skill boosts Alice and The Mad Hatter’s Slows to stronger levels! (The added Skill Power’s great too, especially for The Queen’s Off With Their Head ^^)

Alice’s 35% Slow Down now becomes a 70% Slow Down

The Mad Hatter’s 50% Slow Down from Beat the Clock is boosted to 85%, and his 5% Slow Down on his basic attacks and Mad Tea Party from Alice’s Disk gets boosted to 40%!

Add that in with a collective Speed Boost of 75% from Alice and Gerald, and Kristoff is free to quickly Freeze the enemy team a second time

Gerald is able to cover Kristoff and Sven as well as the rest of the team with his Purple, Rock On in which allies passively heal 10% of their health every 2.0 seconds

And of course, the knock back from Slippery Slide helps with just about everybody’s attacks/skills, since it crowds the enemy team together ^^

I wish I could show you an old video I recorded a while ago (with Olaf and Sulley as at the time I was racking up points for the Tank Collective in City Watch), but unfortunately I can’t upload it in this post :unamused:

7 Likes

Okay, THAT is amazing! I should definitely work on the Wonderland trio again. The three of them wreaking havoc together a beautiful sight to behold.

And to your point about Ice Harvest, does it actually make the slows more potent? Because I thought it only extends the duration of freeze and slows. I didn’t think that this makes slow effects even slower. If you can confirm it for me, that would be awesome.

7 Likes

Upon closer examination, I am sad to say that I was wrong in my assumption that Kristoff’s Purple increases the potency of their Slows :sweat:

On the first few runs, I was looking closely at the enemies’ animations with and without Kristoff - Hercules and Jack Skellington’s wind up animations for What Goes Around and Jack-o-Lantern were the same - they activated just as quickly, and did not move slower than usual

On the runs after that, I paid attention to the Slows above their head and noticed that with Kristoff, the Slows did last a little longer than without him - it was still enough to affect the momentum, since in battles without Kristoff, Jack Skellington was able to fire off his White quicker than in battles with Kristoff.

I must admit, I thought the potency of Alice and The Mad Hatter’s Slows were boosted by Kristoff’s Purple since enemies in the Arena seemed to be more affected than usual when I replaced Miguel with Kristoff.

Nonetheless, I apologize for my mistaken assumption and assertion.

At least, either way, Kristoff is still a good ally to pair with the Wonderland trio

3 Likes

No need to be sorry. This is fantastic information! There are many things that this game neglects to tell us, like how Mad Hatter is immune to all negative status effects for example. It’s always good to explore what the possibilities are, especially with how new characters affect old characters. I personally forgot that Ice Harvest also improves slows, not just freeze. So thanks so much for reminding me that the possibilities are greater than I thought!

4 Likes

No problem @Aurora_Veil ! :grin:

Have fun finding which Slow teams will benefit from Ice Harvest the most :hugs:

Don’t revive posts, and if you can do better make your own topic showing it.

I have not seen this video before I’ll be watching it.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney