Movie Corner

I didn’t like the characters in Strange World much, but the designs for the non-humans and the world itself were pretty cool. Not much else I can say it’s such a forgettable movie out of Disney’s catalog.

The frozen series is WAY overrated. Makes me glad I rented Coco instead of seeing it in s theater, so I didn’t have to sit through that stupid short. (If it can even be called a short, given how incredibly LONG it was.)

1 Like

I’m not exactly a fan of “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” (which, in case you’re curious, is a TV special that Disney inexplicably decided to show in theaters) myself, but it was worth tolerating it to watch Coco on the big screen; a movie as beautiful and inventive as that one deserves to be seen in the best possible conditions.

(IMHO, Frozen is very good, if not quite at the level of top-tier classic; Frozen II, while inconsistent, has its moments.)

Frozen is… better than Dinosaur. High achievement. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I definitely don’t think Frozen is at the bottom of the barrel, there’s been worse…

so am i the only one who liked Oliver and Company?

3 Likes

There’s a few of us around.

1 Like

Hey I like Oliver and Company too

1 Like

Worst Disney/Pixar movies
Strange World: Good story, but bad characters and storyline can be confusing.

Toy Story 2: Excellent new characters, but villain was bland and movie moved too slow. Also, not much of an issue, but two Buzz Lightyears was confusing.

Lightyear: Speaking if Buzz, this is probably the worst Pixar movie (in my opinion) to ever be created. The characters were nothing new (besides Sox :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:) and the story was also a little repetitive and gave me deja vu. Also, the climax was too short, and wasn’t very climatic. Plus, the idea of time travel is very un original. The only thing that made we watch the was Sox.

Robin Hood: Ok. I know a lot of you will disagree with me, but this movie is not the most strong. Don’t get me wrong, this movie is a classic, but it doesn’t have enough spark. The archetypes are so typical and standard, and nothing about this movie really makes it different. Maid Marian is probably the most boring love interest Disney has ever created.

This is my personal opinion, and I understand not all of you will agree!

2 Likes

Not a high bar, but you’re not wrong there.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

3 Likes

I know how you feel

I also like Oliver and Company. Although, even though it was made around the time I was born, I didn’t actually get to see it until it was released on DVD. I love that Billy Joel voiced Dodger - not just during that awesome song, but his spoken lines as well. Huey Lewis was also a plus, even though the scene with his song is a real downer.

Yeah, while I’ve always had a soft spot for that movie, there are so many ways it could’ve been better. For starters, would it have killed them to show Robin and Marian sharing one kiss? Look how many kisses Aladdin and Jasmine had, before they got married! And I really don’t know why they scrapped the original ending, for the boring brief one we got instead. I would’ve liked it much better if they went with the original approach - but had Marian try to stop Prince John from entering the room, so he’d threaten to kill her too, but Robin would emerge and stand up to him. They’d sword fight and Robin’s injury would hinder him, but he’d hang in there, until PJ would ultimately gain the upper hand. But as he brings his sword down, it’s blocked by another sword - carried by King Richard; whose angry glare would frighten PJ into dropping his sword and cowering in fear.

Its not that it was an awful villain. They could have made it so much more original though.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney