Nightmare Before Christmas appreciation thread

Really neat items you have! I have some Nightmare Before Christmas pins too, but I’ve never seen that one before. Maybe one day, I’ll show pictures of my pin collection.

1 Like

None of my pins are nightmare before Christmas I do though own a cool chernabog pin thats wings can move

1 Like

I can’t get up and take a picture because my iPad is plugged in so

It’s ok, take your time.

One year for Halloween I dressed up as jack, the next year I was Oogie which I got a lot of complements on my Oogie costume and my Jack Skellington gloves

1 Like

Cool! My older sister tried making the Mayor of Halloweentown as a costume, but she was only able to make the head.

1 Like

Lol that’s funny the mayor is really cool, I wish I could own one of the puppets they used in the movie

1 Like

I’ve also came up with a little theory about the Tim burton universe and the adventure of Jack Skellington/victor frankenstein/victory van Dort/the headless horseman. I could invite you to a pm if you want because I don’t want to steal the spotlight in this thread

1 Like

I have wanted to dress like Jack for Halloween forever. However, I refuse to wear Halloween masks and I am allergic to face paint, so yeah. Probably not going to happen. Anyways I’d love to hear about the theory.

2 Likes

I just wore a onesie and put on gloves and I am not a glove guy, the onesie had a hood so I was fine

I don’t like onesies either

I don’t mind if you share in this thread or a PM, it’s up to you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t wear Halloween masks either, I like having them for decorations instead. Plus it’s really hot where I live, so no trick or treating in my home town.

Okay I’ll share,

So jack started out as the inventor victor Frankenstein (Frankenwennie) who after the events of the film made a time machine, he took the machine back to the Victorian era. He then was adopted by the van dorts (corpse bride). Sparky’s ancestors was scraps the dog from frankewnnie. When victor’s adopted parents died he used the machine again and traveled to the American revolutionary war and was a hessian. He adopted the name of jack skellington there and a pet dog he named zero. He was killed by getting a canon ball to the head and became the headless horseman. One night he chased a incredibly thin man on his horse (icabod crane). He killed ol’ icky and took his head, he then went on to go to halloween town and became the pumkin king.

That is pretty much the theory

2 Likes

My mind is blown!

2 Likes

Same lol. It’s a very interesting theory, I’ve never thought about it like that :thinking:

2 Likes

I also had one about yoda being a gremlin but that’s irrelevant to the topic

Here’s another theory on how they died:

Jack was burned alive, since Jack is just a skeleton in the movie, and since we see him go up in flames at the beginning. Dr. Finklestein was poisoned, which is why none of Sally’s poisoning attempts seem to have much of an effect on him. The Mayor, meanwhile, probably died of a broken neck since his head seems to do a 180-turn at the slightest provocation. Lock froze to death, which explains his pale skin and blue lips. Oogie Boogie was skinned alive, which is why he’s just a burlap sack with insects for innards. And Zero the dog was electrocuted (the fact that he looks like smoke and his jack-o-lantern nose illuminates like a lightbulb).

1 Like

Whenever I watch Tim Burton’s movies, I never thought about if they were connected in the same universe or anything like that.

I feel like one of Emily’s butterflies from the corpse bride ended up in Oogie for some reason lol

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney