Getting gold in all of the Mariokart Wii courses. Almost fully completed the game too, I only need to unlock The Spear, a large bike.
That’s epic! How long did it take?
Does having over 250-something hours in Splatoon 2 count?
I’m not usually one to try too hard on getting achievements in games, but I am quite proud of beating the Ultimate Z-Cup in Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I’m 95% done with the game, with most of the stuff I have left being things to do around Waddle Dee Town, such as getting all the
I did it all over a period of 9 years, but it could have been shorter if I had played it more.
That’s so epic! I’m imagining you just sat eyes glued to your switch grinding kirby for 2000 hours straight
On the topic of kirby, kirby dream land 2 has been added to the catalogue of nintendo online retro games!
Lol I did play a vast majority of the game around when it first came out, but I only just beat the Ultimate Z Cup a couple of months ago after taking a break from the game (since that was the only “level” I had left to play and I was finding it frustrating after a while).
Gonna play it this weekend!
Dude, how long have you played this for?
Getting all gold trophies in 200cc in MK8D. If you got them all, you can get golden mario(metal Mario variant), golden kart, golden tires, and a golden glider. 200cc was very tough, but it was worth it.
“Only” 35 hours, if you can believe it. Tbh, Forgotten Land is a relatively short and simple game, and it wasn’t as if I was ever trying to grind out the game for hours on end.
For comparison’s sake, I have…
- Over 145 hours in Fire Emblem: Three Houses (a game that has much more extensive gameplay and multiple storylines).
- Over 105 hours in Smash Ultimate, Tetris 99, Splatoon 3, and Ring Fit Adventure (of all games).
- And most notably, over 275 hours in Splatoon 2.
Why is DK appearing in the Mario movie?
Should he not be a standalone character as the main character of his franchise and thus, have his own movie series?
Well, Donkey Kong was Mario’s first rival before Bowser came in.
My biggest accomplishment was catching a shiny Dugtrio in V.
If we are counting mobile games, my shadow shiny Charizard takes the cake. I had to beat close to 100 grunts for it.
To all Splatoon 3 fans, what teams are you all picking for the upcoming Splatfest? (“Which one really exists?”)
Mine is unlocking everything on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I’ve unlocked all the karts, including the golden ones. I’ve also unlocked Golden Mario and different selection screens. Fun fact: the only Zelda game I’ve played is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the SNES.
Aw, no fair. I’ve been trying to beat the Ultimate Z cup, but my health is too low by the time I get to the final boss’s second stage. I even use the Morpho Knight Sword copy ability. So frustrating.
Nice, you play Smash Ultimate too! Who’s your main? Mine is Mewtwo.
I main Bowser Jr. I really like his playstyle of using his various moves to mess with opponents and catch them off-guard, and it’s fun doing well with a character you don’t see a lot in competitive circles.
I am definitely not at the same level as other people at my college, though. My college campus hosts 2 different Smash tournaments every other week, and some of the people who compete are on a much higher level than I am.
Ay, man, I respect that.
Yeah, the Z Cup is quite tricky if you’re not careful. Here’s some tips that proved useful for me:
- Stock up on the damage and speed boosts beforehand. You can actually stack up to 5 of each boosts at a time, and those 5 minutes worth of extra power go a long way in defeating the bosses quickly. And get the double health bar powerup as well.
- Be conservative with the healing fruits. If you haven’t taken a lot of damage and/or you think you can handle the upcoming boss without taking much damage (Tropic Woods is an easy one, for example, because he’s stationary and his moves are easy to predict and avoid), then wait to eat the fruits until you feel you really need the health.
Oh, right. Silly me, I haven’t been using the stat boosts in Waddle Dee Town. 🤦 BTW, what is the double health bar powerup? I feel like I should’ve known what that is by now.