Not a fan of the new Coliseum and Arena set up

The level doesn’t need to be 170. 5 levels less than cap would suffice. Anything lower than that and you’re punishing people that are keeping up with the cap raise.

1 Like

The longer this travesty is allowed to continue the more damage its doing to those avoiding by the spirit of the intention of the entire format.

2 Likes

Or scoring could be adjusted so that level makes no difference, instead of making things unfair.

2 Likes

oh, haha. it does make BIG difference.

2 Likes

Well I noticed the tactic used in S1. I got the memo first time I played those guys and it’s too cheap for me to do it. Lol.

1 Like

What about making it so people have to use red rank heroes only as defence (obviously a level needs to be chosen for servers that don’t have red heroes) people must have red heroes to even make it in to challenger season surely ? PB probably have a solution anyway but was just an idea I come up with

Has anyone even talked about how terrible it is GETTING INTO challenger arena now? I used to be able to get in no problem and stay for days then be knocked back down, then get in in about a day or so. NOW, you need to get to first, and WAIT 2 DAYS TO BE PROMOTED INTO CHALLENGER. before, you could wait for promotion, or pay 50 diamonds to bump yourself in as far up as you could go. Why did this change? Getting to first should allow you to at least have a go at the bottom ranked challenger to get in - because you CANNOT stay in first for more than an hour before being defeated. Its infuriating.

4 Likes

Oh it is worse. Now it is 3.

2 Likes

Shhhh. You just broke my heart. :joy: seriously, with higher powered players being pushed down the ranks over time (before this was rolled out) this spelled disaster. You cannot sit at first for 3 days in the arena in hopes to get to challenger. Its impossible. You sit there for maybe an hour then you’re fighting to get back again. Nobody is staying at first. @Polaris

3 Likes

That is how I promoted to challengers :sweat_smile:

On the worst conditions

that’s why they froze timers, to somewhat alleviate that problem - it does help quite a lot

2 Likes

Still not fixed. 75% of my arena and coliseum tiers are single hero teams. This is an urgent fix.

1 Like

I don’t see this as a problem honestly as everyone has to fight that same one toon defense if they present. Yes maybe was more useful In the older system, but to some this is Still useful in allowing people way above your power levels normally To beat them and to others it’s a strategy. It’s like new toons always being op and not balanced. People always finding new comps etc. there is a difference between fun and fair competition and highest power only competition. Yes I understand the need for a challenge At times, but no body shouldn be punished for not having max toons all the time to keep up. Honestly the consent rush of level caps and colors on a monthly basis in conjunction with skills and badges being expensive should be more of a priorty/urgent in fixing then this, as players I feel are more burnt out on this then some one toon coli and arena from those I talk/listen to.

2 Likes

No. The players that keep full teams are at a disadvantage because of a crap overlook and players taking advantage of said crap overlook.

This isn’t about punishing players that don’t keep up with badges. It’s about maintaining a fair combat system. Besides, I’ve seen will balanced R6s beat R7s.

1 Like

Well from Talking to players that do it, high guilds and lower guilds, I understand why they do, so I’ll just say agree to disagree and leave it at that.

A real easy way for pb to fix this would be to give bonus points for defensive wins using similar or even the same bonus points for offensive wins. That would not only encourage people to put up full lineups but full lineups using the same toons they use to get bonus points on their offensive attacks. This would clue in people that don’t have any idea how to put together an effective lineup and make the parity that much better.

6 Likes

I can guarantee that a total of 0 people are doing it for this reason, they are all just trying to cheat the system and cheat their fellow players. Besides, anyone in Challenger should be able to beat the majority of full defence teams presented.

Anyway, Polaris has said a fix is coming, so we can look forward to that.

3 Likes

I’d like to differ. There are some decently low-leveled players in Challengers, and it is difficult for them to beat a single player any mode (Arena/Coli)

I should know, I am an example

1 Like

Hmm, then Challenger maybe needs some sort of SBMM (PBMM?) for the first couple of weeks at least, or it just wouldn’t be fun at all for people who are far below

1 Like

Yeah. I sent them a support ticket suggesting that they make Challengers a bit more fair to those who enter “early”

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney