PBs greed has no limits - Best time to cut your losses is always now

Then you are the Explorer type as said by Kira. Or at least mostly. :slight_smile:
Of course, PerBlue cashes in from Achievers the most. Although overly too much.

Yeah I can agree with designating me as an Explorer-type player. My problem with your previous comment was that you had said that “NOBODY” wanted new heroes, which just wasn’t true and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that way.

Sometimes the new characters do seem somewhat stronger than the old ones, and I imagine doubly so for competitive players, but I’ve still gotten a lot of enjoyment out of characters new and old. I suppose the best of both worlds here would be to keep introducing new characters but try to avoid as much of the “Power Creep” that people are worried about

What I’m most worried about is that maybe the PVP fans who’re so vocal on this conversation are the ones funding the game, which would mean that my opinion doesn’t matter as much and if the game were going to end there would be nothing my support could do to stop it. I do hope it’s just a vocal minority who think this way…

Except two - Kim and Basil, most range from fairly OP to too OP. It´s entirely meant for competitive players. Changing the old stuff with new and better as in a shop.

What I intended to say is that NON-EXPLORER type players do hate having new heroes just because of the regress need of spending. Mostly explorers to fully explorers hardly ever spend because they don´t care that much about their progress.
I, for one, am semi-explorer. I don´t intend to be the best of the best, on the other hand, I like my faves at the top, so I did spend :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Given that we have talked about the types of Players so much, I thought I share a video that explains the type of Players and what they stand for :-).

And yeah, here is a good video on Microtransaction by the same makers, overall pretty good channel.

Like the video says it is overall better to create a satisfying expedience for most players as then you have a larger pool of players to draw money from, rather instead of having a smaller player pool and having to rely on Whales or Krakens more so to sustain you.

Beside that, losing players mean less content for the Whales which means that they are more likely to maybe leave as well eventually.

I like the story elements because they make the game feel more like a Disney game rather than a generic battler with Disney graphics. On the other hand, I’m ready for the main story being told in Campaign to wind up so we can move on to something new; I don’t like this feeling that they’re just going to keep that story going indefinitely, without end.

Ah, I would be up for a new story as well and which I think could be pretty cool :-).

Or, adding a Villain Campaign as an additional campaign with remixed badges(new grind spots, not new badges) could also be something, like starting from scratch at Chapter 1 and working up maybe.
I am not sure if we have had any Disney villains in the main Campaign story, so that could be an idea.

2 Likes

There is no worrying about the power creep. It’s real and it’s here since Randall. If you can one-toon with a new hero a full roster of 2 years old heroes it’s evident. For example in Surge. Happens to me daily.

2 Likes

I have no idea what “One-tooning” is.

Using one hero to defeat a whole team…

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think this game has any kind of exploration element whatsoever.
We just follow a map through the game and can’t veer off to the side to look in unusual corners.

As regards story, I’ve become dismayed with that lately, it’s basically a case of “push your characters higher with badges to continue the story”.
I don’t know what others do, but I just push through normal mode until enemy difficulty exceeds team capabilty and then I have to wait months (usually until the level cap goes up and I can raise my team’s collective power to the new maximum) to keep playing.

As regarding new characters, this is another area where I am getting extremely disatisfied, to the point where I put actually playing the game on hold until I see if Gogo has her expanded universe skills.
If she comes ingame without them, then I’ll have my confirmation that the game has lost appeal to me.
Because for me, expanded universe is what I want and they’ve already ignored it twice, Gogo will be the case of “strike 3, you’re out!”

I totally agree with this post, it is getting ridiculous slowly to level up, rank up heroes being a free to play player.

2 Likes

Tilarta@ There are exploration in the story content and seeing new badge designs, and technically also their locations. In terms of the main Campaign story, if I remember right around Chapter 35 the story start to get really interesting and I at least like it a lot ^^.

In terms of Friend Campaigns and the story content there I personally only go for the easier Friendship Campaigns like up to level 60-70/80 as they aren’t that hard to get, so that I find fun to do now and then :-).
As for Friend Campaigns past level 100 for characters I don’t use, I don’t really do as the costs starts pilling up around there, so yeah like level 200 level friendship and such I don’t touch at all for just experiencing the story as it cost way too much.

As far as the main story goes I am at the newest chapter and overall doing pretty okey, I may not have many new characters, but those I have are flexible enough to still win even if it takes me a fair amount of tries and team experimentation.

Well, up to you there, but yeah hope you have had a good time while you played if you decided to move on if so :-).

Excuse me, but how much stamina do the badges cost at and after R10?

I am not exactly sure right now as I don’t have Power Craft, but over 10 000 stamina or 15 000 if not more would be fair if going by single badge grinding which probably most do, combo grinding as in grinding more badges you need/are low on at once can likely half the cost if not more if lucky.

I am not sure if we have anything over 20 000 stamina single badge grind wise, but yeah if you grind more badges at once that you need for it, you will of course likely cut the cost some.

From memory, aroundabout 5000 stamina each, if you use quick craft.
Probably directly farming them might change that, but i’ve had mixed results from that, so can’t say if it’s better or worse.

@Kira
I didn’t permanently quit, that would be unfair to my alliance.
But I switched my game focus to only doing the tasks that help them out and disregarding the solo only content.

Friendship Campaigns particularly irk me, due to the stamina issues involved in raising up some random character I’m only playing for fun.
To be bruticusally honest, making the bar red8 when it used to be something like orange2 took all the fun out of Friendship Campaigns for me. :rage: :no_entry_sign: :scream: :sob:

You can have over 20,000 stamina:
Use stamina bottles to reach a cap of something like 33,000 stamina, then collect this:

Curious to see how high I can go.

1 Like

@Dave_XCVI I already have some of the elements needed to craft this badge so the stamina cost you see is actually lower than the total stamina needed to craft it.

On the higher ranks (R11 and above) it isn’t at all uncommon to need several badges (at least 2 per rank) that require around 12k stamina or more.

1 Like

Ah fair and up to you if you stay or quit.
You technically should try to keep up your characters as best as you can for Guild Wars and such, like the stronger they are the better defense they are. But yeah, of course up to you and fair if you want to take a break from the grind :-).

I personally don’t do that many friendship campaigns and such, most of the friendship campaigns I have that I don’t use are for those under level 100 for the most part, no reason to chase Friendship Campaigns that are really costly. I could of course go with the power-ups, but then I would hamper my Disk Power gain which isn’t that optimal either.
If the enemies are over level 100 for a Friendship Campaign you don’t need for a character you don’t use, I say avoid that Friendship Campaign if so.

Might be true that you can have over 20 000 stamina, but you actually get more from using your stamina when you get it, like since you gain more from the stamina you earn over time than the stamina you earn the 3 bonus stamina times and doing 1 buy more stamina per say.
So yeah, I recommend spending your stamina as fast as you can as you get more from the stamina that way, or otherwise wait to use it until contests. Personally I use the stamina as I get it.

And for the Weekly Quest it goes as far as you can get I think, but remember to get the rewards tomorrow as you might lose them otherwise I think. Still nice work :-).

Spend stamina as you get. It’s useless saving like that unless you have a double drop bag.

I am intentionally saving because I saw the high costs involved, in terms of stamina anyway.
My reasoning is that if I couldn’t sustain the stamina demands, get as much of it as possible to make sure I can upgrade whom I need to.

But from the image of the level 220 badge, it looks like that process will eventually be unsustainable no matter how carefully I manage my stamina and therefore, it was a calculated rational decision to step back from upgrading now before my server gets to that cap.

Starting to belive it’s all about monetization now, they want me to buy stamina with real money and I’m not expending that level of money just for badges or whatever.

1 Like

This is, without doubt, 100% absolutely accurate. And it is only going to continue getting worse, as it has done for the last 2 years.

8 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney