Please do something about Arena

I love the game, but I’m really falling out of love with the Arena.

It’s just become pointless, I’ve been in Gold II for about 2 months now…and I honestly don’t think I will ever promote. Every. Single. Day I get myself into the top 5. Go to bed and end up in the 30s.

What is the point? There is about 80 players in our league of similar power, pretty much everyone can beat everyone - so no-one is promoting.

There was once a time when I was excited to be in the top 5 and see myself in a position to promote…now I don’t even care anymore and just do 3 attacks to get the quest reward.

Coliseum works well for promotions, but Arena? A joke.

Please do something about this. Especially now this situation will only get WORSE as guilds unlock the ability to attack more, only exacerbating the problem of going up and down like a yo yo.

Some ways (not necessarily all of as some clash) to help the problem.

• Reduce time required to promote.
  • Make the leagues smaller.
  • Allow more than 5 people to sit in the promotion seat.
  • Freeze demotion counter time in positions 6 to 10.
13 Likes

I agree, sometimes it’s just not right: I’ve been stuck in Gold 4 for over a month now, which is ridiculous given I’m a top 100 player. But like you, my arena group has about 30 very active players of similar power who just keep taking turns smacking each other. We’re all posting teams with about 50k power, and I have guildies in Gold 2 fighting teams with under 30k power. -.-

3 Likes

In the non-challenger levels, I would like to see something that also takes into account the number of times you’ve reached the top 5. Nothing that would make sense for players to abuse, but say…if you crack the top 5 at least once on 5 consecutive days, you should automatically be promoted.

2 Likes

I like the idea of freezing the timer while in spots 6-10.

Take it a step further, the time would never count down, instead you have to spend a total of n time in the top 5. You could even increase the time of this were the case.

3 Likes

I’m right there with ya at gold 2 for over a month at least. And I really like a lot of the ideas from everyone. But… make your team stronger so you can’t lose. You know how you do that? Pay the monies. I haven’t paid a cent on the game and don’t really plan to, so I kinda just know that I can’t compete with a ton of players. So yeah, I would love for it to be slightly easier to promote, but I doubt they will do that.

2 Likes

The underlying issue is that randomness isn’t always going to be your friend. Sometimes, as is my case, your arena fills up with too many active and evenly matched players who just thrash each other endlessly without being able to promote. My gold 4 (yes, as in barely out of silver), has legit 30 of the top 100 players on the server in it, and none of us can promote. We’re all in this infinite loop of #1#30#1#30…etc.

And for whatever reason, our arena recently merged with another arena (we had about 70, now about 100)…and that arena was filled with teams in the 20k range (most of us are around 50k). They. Got. Murdered. They may never promote again unless they demote and re-promote.

Honestly, I have considered demoting and re-promoting, but I’m too OCD to miss out on my daily quest. :-p

2 Likes

I dream of Gold 2…

So have I! For us to consider playing less by completely ignoring a game mode for 4-5 days; just to possibly make it better is a clear sign it’s no working as well as it can be.

1 Like

even i already ignoring the arena for the past week… it feels like useless to try

1 Like

I’m not sure what Gold Region I am, but I agree. My defense team consists of my strongest team, and my offense team consists of most of my strongest, but Merida’s in there. My Team Power is about 30k. rank hop from 25th to 2nd, I just leave for about 5 minutes, and then I’m in 11th.@Soulchild’s idea should be put into motion, the not counting down one. Sure, it’s cumbersome, but that will assure you that your work will not go into waste.

2 Likes

I totally agree with @Razzle_Dazzle new ideas for arena.

1 Like

Agree with you al. Also 24 hours waiting is crazy

1 Like

It gets worse. Timer goes to 48 hours as of Gold 1

1 Like

48 hours… :flushed:

1 Like

Same here. Im Gold 2 arena and as of this post less than 24 hours from Plat 2 Col. Now I have been in Gold 2 for about 3 weeks and was in Gold 3 for about as long. Granted in my 50+ person arena I am the weakest at 44k versus current number 1 being 59k but I can still take on guys at times 8k higher than me thanks to my composition (Mike,Sulley,Tia,Calhoun,Wall-E). Yet in that span of Gold 2 I have gone from top 5 to 40ish most every day despite growing my team power over 10k in the meantime. Arena is silly especially with the bottlenecking that comes from only having 5 promo slots and it’s also not like Col where it seems most of the time people just wait out to get promoted to go a slot higher. No everyone is constantly jumping positions and it never evens out.

It would make sense if this chaos was in Plat 1 or Challenger Arena but no this is Gold most of us still have another 5-6 promos to get through to be at top tier. This also shows when in my server, server 4 we have Col with all 50 slots of Challenger filled up, yet with Arena it’s only as high as Plat 3 with the handful of people in there sitting on incomplete teams or teams of the newest characters regardless on synergy because there is no competition. I can only imagine 1 thing being more defeating that not being able to promote, not having the ability to promote for the fact of there not being enough people. If none of these changes that have been suggested go through than the already dying arena is going to be straight out dead if it isn’t already.

4 Likes

I am in gold 5 in arena in server 2 with 50k+ power and there are approx 45 players who are from 40k -55k amd there are almost 100 players in the league ands an endless cycle of defeating each other.I am stuck here for almost 1.5 months
Wheareas i am in platinum 1 in coliseum which seems to work fine.
Plaese do something about it. @Polaris

3 Likes

Can we get a response on this perblue?

I’ve got to the point of totally giving up, I’m just waiting to be demoted now…it’s futile to even try. Surely that is not what the developers want.

I’ll just pretend this game mode doesn’t exist for now.

1 Like

If they dont change anything at least give us more arena tokens… 250 everyday for being in gold 3 is not enough

4 Likes

Really wish Arena problems would be acknowledged, it’s just toxic; no-one can go anywhere.

At the moment there is one in my league at 34 who still has an active countdown timer. The amount of movement in there is just insane. This happens on a regular basis.

The leagues are just far too big with no-where near enough room to promote. Holding a top 5 position for 1-2 days is almost impossible.

1 Like

I said it before. Let memorize the time. So if you have had a promotion slot position for 14 hours you dont have to wait 14 hours next time (sorry for my bad english) only the time that is left.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney