[DONE] Recommended Mods Guide

That’s intentional; the mod filters match for a mod in any of the 4 spots, so if eg. someone filters for Reality, it will show all heroes who have at least 1 reality mod (in combination with any of the other filters chosen).

The default selection ‘HP Mod’ etc. is actually equivalent to ‘unselected’ - active filters show a white border to try to help this sort of thing, but maybe those choices need better titles :thinking:

2 Likes

There can really be only a couple of heroes who only use HP mods, if any, so when you use an HP mod filter, there will still be heroes who use BD and SP mods because they don’t only use HP.
As Pipsqueak said before me.

1 Like

I do agree that on mobile especially, it could be confusing, because the options are presented as a popup rather than a dropdown. So it looks like the top choice ‘HP Mods’ is actually an option, when it isn’t.

(Note that an exclusive option is unlikely to be a feature any time soon as it would be quite difficult to make it work and I see limited usefulness)

I’ll see if I can improve the confusingness tomorrow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

actually… nevermind that 2nd paragraph, I realised a way to do that without even changing any code. Huzzah!

Let’s consider this 1.12!

• Improved Mod filter UI
  • Added exclusive mod option! See heroes with only that shape of mod.

Thanks @CaptBenson ! :slight_smile:

https://liltyker.github.io/dhmods/

3 Likes

thank-you for taking my suggestion! it looks so much better now and easier to sort!

I suggested it because this Red invasion is giving out HP mods, and it was kinda hard to work out which Red heroes needed/used HP mods as the ‘unselected’/default was HP, but I love the way you’ve done it now, and it’s great being able to select specifically which mods to view.
Thank you again for all the work you do! It’s made looking for the mod recommendations from Musketeer so much easier! I appreciate you both so much! <3

3 Likes

to quote @Loutre -

4 Likes

I think the filter ignores 2nd sets. Quasimodo should appear too :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, it only matches Set 1. I figured it would be somewhat confusing if you filtered for a mod that only was in the 2nd set, because the hero would appear and it would look like they didn’t use the mod :man_shrugging:

Having it match a mod in the 2nd set and then swap automatically to the set 2 display would be nice but a big can of codey worms so I’ve just left it as not matching to avoid the confusion. Maybe I’ll revisit that at some point but atm it’s only matching set 1.

(I can make it match any pretty easily, if people think it won’t be confusing for the mod to potentially not be showing in set 1. Swapping to set 2 automatically isn’t going to happen atm.)

4 Likes

Plothole, Bellwether does not circumvent Armor. So even then it will def not be 100%.

1 Like

Either One of The Mayor’s Disks: “Allow me to introduce myself…”

2 Likes

:bell: Update! :bell:

Version 1.2!

• Text Search added! This works in combination with all the other filters :slight_smile: ctrl+f is kinda long winded on phones, so I bumped this up the priorities. This will be really handy if you want to check out specific heroes!
  • Some optimisation that won’t be noticeable

Recommended Mods Guide | Disney Heroes (liltyker.github.io)

Disks… I realised this would be a HUGE amount of work if we didn’t want them looking ugly. On hold for now. Most heroes either have 1 disk that’s very obviously better, or both are subjectively useful in different ways, so it doesn’t seem that important right now.

The best (and quickest) solution I could think of was to show a blue hexagon in the corner of the hero portrait with the disk initials (eg. BA) in white, but it wasn’t distinct enough to be obvious what it actually was, and nobody knows everyone’s friendships well enough to instantly recognise that as the Baloo disk. The colours would improve that, but as I mentioned, massive task lol

Next thing to explore, possibly after disks, is probably the ability to pin heroes, I feel like that would be cool. It would require localStorage though to do it properly (kinda like cookies) and I don’t want to be falling foul of privacy requirements. We shall see :face_with_monocle: :cookie:

For now, enjoy the new search box :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

thank you for this!! you are my favourite human right now <3.

2 Likes

:blush: no problem, i got bored one evening and decided it would be a fun and useful project :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

there a few heroes missing… would you be able to add them?

• Aladdin
  • Anger
  • Audrey
  • Beast
  • Bo Peep
  • Captain Hook
  • Davey Jones
  • Duck & Bunny
  • Duke Kaboom
  • Eeyore
  • Emperor Zurg
  • Evil Queen
  • Felix
  • Flynn Ryder
  • Frozone
  • Gaston
  • Genie
  • Goliath
  • Gonzo
  • Goofy
  • Hector Barbosa
  • Hercules
  • Jack-Jack
  • Jasmine
  • John Silver
  • Kevin Flynn
  • Kida
  • Linguini & Remy
  • Maui
  • Megavolt
  • Merida
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Mike Wazoski
  • Miss Piggy
  • Moana
  • Mushu
  • Olaf
  • Powerline
  • Quorra
  • Rafiki
  • Randall
  • Sadness
  • Scrooge McDuck
  • Tigger
  • Vanellope
  • Violet
  • Voyd
  • Wall-E
  • Woody
  • Yzma

It’s not meant to be a list of every hero.

Most of those on that list are excluded because they’re bad and modding them is 100% pointless.

And then Audrey is only just now getting to the point where you might even have enough chips to mod her at all. And the answer for her is a combination of Green and Blue Skill mods.

Hopefully all of these will get a refresh / stat buff through the new Patch system over the next year, and they will become more useful again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

a lot of them are already useful. A lot of players are using Aladdin and are unsure how to mod him. Same with Captain Hook. I am seeing him a lot in Arena atm. Evil Queen again is used a lot against Mary and Zeus and many are unsure how to mod her. Genie has been refreshed, therefore needs a mod guide. Kida when used right, is badass, and modding her will only extend that. Same, with Mickey Mouse. Mushu is also good to use. Randall is useful against Hades

just because YOU personally don’t use a hero, it doesn’t mean others don’t too. they ask for help because they use them, and need some advice on how to build them. There is no point offering help if you aren’t going to provide it when asked for heroes that aren’t already posted.

2 Likes

oh, I didn’t shout at you. I wasn’t actually even talking to you, but I shall reply anyway.

I know they make it on their own time, and I know they can decide who to post, but when people are asking for help for the heroes they use, belittling them and refusing to provide the help that was initially offered isn’t cool.

As for your "a lot better’ comment, that isn’t entirely true.

2 Likes

You’re largely missing the point–modding most of these characters is a waste of your time and your mods.

Sure, there’s niche cases where you’ll see Hook. But he’s only there for his start-of-battle Sap. After that, he does nothing. Modding him won’t change that fact. After that initial Sap, he will do nothing unmodded, and we will do nothing modded. It will make literally zero difference.

Same is true for Kida. If you’re actually nerfing your team by using her, it’s for the pathetic Energy pulse, which is unaffected by mods.

Mickey will be just as useless with mods as without.

Randall needs zero mods to do his job–he just needs his disk maxed.

Mods are in limited supply. Use them on heroes where it actually will matter.

2 Likes

Even if I had ideas or experience with other heroes, I don’t want to start adding heroes to the interactive version that aren’t in the post here, then it would turn into it’s own entity which it wasn’t supposed to be.

You’ll have to ask @Musketeer very nicely :laughing:

I can offer recommendations… Aladdin wants at least 1 Normal Crit mod, with some combination of more NC mods, Attack Speed or Purple Skill. Mickey and Randall both probably want some combination of Armor, Reality and Speed. Evil Queen I’d probably give full Armor & Reality. Mushu maybe lots of Blue Skill, so he can silence for longer and benefit more from his Purple skill

Yeah, these heroes aren’t the best in the meta, but if you’ve got them ranked up and use them, modding them will obviously be more useful than modding a Purple Zeus you don’t use :man_shrugging: And if you end up with stronger heroes and are short on mods, it’s really not expensive to shuffle them around

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney