Red Skills Feedback

Pay 2 win nonsense nobody asked for.

10 Likes

It’s to much of a grind, as a bunch of people have said, but I really like the idea. There’s got to be a better way to get the skills. Like small personal story quests so that there’s a reason why they have these new abilities kinda like getting disks.

I’m also going to bring up an issue that didn’t get answered by support that I noticed, and that’s that the fact that every hero that can have a red skill in invasion has it, and they’re all level 75. I’m pretty sure the max level at 135 should actually be 15 based on the way level dependant effects are setup to work currently, if not red skills at level 75 increasing at the same rate as others would work on heroes up to level 195.

5 Likes

Yeah I just overthink things :sweat_smile:

This topic has had me thinking about the DS Legendary quests all day now, and I thought I’d dig them up and share for the people who never played. Also I’ll try to give some examples as to how the same idea could translate to Disney Heroes.

Faith Healer Legendary Quests
Stage 1 - Feed the Coffers - Sacrifice 5M gold
Stage 2 - False Prophets - Use Faith Healer to defeat 7 Faith Healer Titans in the Titan Temple
Stage 3 - Repent Now and HEAL! - Use your Faith Healer to heal 1,000,000 damage in one day. Healing only counts in battles you win.

This was a relatively easy one to complete, but still took some time and cost. The gold sink I don’t believe was an all-at-once thing, you could drop 100K a day for 50 days if you wanted to stretch it out/couldn’t afford it. The Titan Temple was similar in a way to Invasion, without the breaker stages, and instead a selection of 5 bosses. Each boss defeated gave the rest a buff. The third stage is pretty self explanatory.

So, let’s say DH followed a similar route, shouldn’t be too difficult to keep it thematically engaging, right?

Zurg
Stage 1 - Powering Up - Steal 300,000 energy from enemies. Cumulative, only counts from battles won in Invasion, Surge and City Watch.
Stage 2 - Rally My Minions - Obtain 5000 Disk Power through Zurg Friendship Missions.
Stage 3 - Lay Waste to My Enemies - Deal 10 million damage using Ion Blaster. Cumulative, only counts from battles won in Invasion, Surge and City Watch.

Simple. Time consuming, yet engaging and specific. Having a particular goal to work towards, rather than just “Collect X amount of blah”, is far more entertaining in my opinion.

23 Likes

Wow. These red skills are cool. I didn’t even know that the heroes in the game were going to get promoted to red until I saw it for myself. And I was just so completely shocked and surprised. I clearly wasn’t expecting that.

I agree very strongly.

2 Likes

To echo other sentiments, I feel that the red skill was created with the P2W players in mind. Even those that do the monthly pack there is no way we can ever achieve red. The highest hero I have is O7. What happened to orange skills first? Why the jump to red so quickly? Also I have yet to beat hard CW so there is no way I will ever be able to beat any other levels above to even attempt to get red. There needs to be a way for those that are f2p or don’t shell out huge sums of money to participate.

7 Likes

Look… I’m not server 1… but i just wanted to know. WHY Make a red skill and not an orange one?? Probably less than 5% of players have reached the red 0 rank… let alone unlock the red skills…i just think that was kinda of a dumb move on PB’s part

2 Likes

Then let me just put this here.

Please read, PerBlue.

11 Likes

I’m not a high enough level to go for these red skills, but from what I hear it’s wayyyyy to much. 200 chips??? That’s a lot… and plus there’s more…

1 Like

After reading this entire thread I believe the best course of action is this:
Red Skills “Stay” on Server 1. And by that I mean if you have unlocked them you can keep them, but the new City Watch difficulty will disappear and no new way to unlock them will immediately appear. Additionally Red Skill will not work in PVP modes. You can sell any Keys you have left.

Then wait till the cap increase update in November-January. Any of those months will work (That way more people will be close to having or already have Red Heroes). In whichever update you release to server 1 Red Skill Tales (Got the idea from @Noble_Moon). Every character who has a red skill has a Red Skill Tale. You get dialogue and then you get an objective (Like @Jackal403 said). After you complete a certain amount of objectives (I don’t know 3? 10?) you can unlock that heroes red skill (Because the objectives will have cumulatively rewarded you with enough of the chips and stuff.

Doesn’t that sound perfect? Not on Server 1 btw.

5 Likes

Why not orange skills why red and terrible

1 Like

Yes & yes & yes to the point about skill quests -

Something that doesn’t seem to have been brought up here yet (though I’ve seen it once or twice elsewhere) -

What’s up with the names?! If we’re having red skills, they need to have actual names like the other skills do. “Kevin Flynn’s Red Skill” is just the laziest & most boring thing I’ve seen in the game to date. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

This is the same for the other skill colours that are level-reduced (ie. blue & purple go all the way to 135) and was confirmed by PB to be intentional in order to bump the difficulty. It’s probably intentional for the red skills, too

Was it intentional that you ask this and then provide the city watch immunity to buffs and a huge shield making it almost impossible to complete? Really highlights the terrible aspects of this mode

1 Like

As I remember, Polaris mentioned that the skill names will be added soon. Wakkatu has the names on some languages.

1 Like

I can’t even get past the first level in epic city watch .I don’t have many red hero’s and can’t unlock it . It’s entirely to hard for players that don’t have strong hero’s. I already dislike it. To much time. It should be available with gold .

1 Like

Simply a terrible idea. Way too many resources are required for red skills - especially since we’re being overloaded with too many heroes on top of it. There’s no point in even trying.

I can’t even beat City Watch on normal anymore because I can’t level up any of the newer heroes, so an Epic level is just beyond ridiculous for me to even think about.

The game is being flooded with too many heroes, and the rewards and resources just are not available like they should be.

I’d have to spend a LOT of money to even remotely catch up and be competitive. If your goal was to make people want to spend more money, it’s done the exact opposite with me. I used to spend about $50 a month, maybe a bit more because I felt like the deals were worth it and it helped. Now, it feels like it doesn’t even help, so there’s no point in me spending my money.

8 Likes

You have to spend money way before red skill. I mentioned this in my post: I used to spend roughly 50 month, supporting a game I enjoy and play daily. Those deals felt worth it, like they gave me resources worth the money. Now… it’s not even a drop in the ocean, so why spend any money at all? I’ve stopped purchasing deals because there are too many heroes, and too many badge bits to get, etc. Worst of all… I’m just no longer having any fun.

6 Likes

I very strongly dislike this concept for 2 reasons:

• We have many modes that take a lot of time weekly: Surge, City Watch, Invasion, Heist, Friendships Campagins and Contests.
  • We have enough “other objective” stuff to do already such as: Weekly Challenges, Challenge Books and Collections.

I really, really, don’t want to spend any more of my time doing other random tasks. Additionally I don’t want to play any game mode with less than efficient heroes for that mode.

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney