Red Skills Feedback

Allow me to try to convince you.

A great deal of these “quests” could be part of that daily/weekly gameplay. As an example, my proposal for Zurg (see above) requires you to do 10,000,000 damage cumulatively with his Ion Blaster skill. If you have his Red Skill quest unlocked, he’s clearly a hero you’ve put time and effort into, so he’s going to be usable. Now all that needs to be done, is using Zurg in the eligible modes (Invasion, City Watch and Surge in this example) and activating his white skill. The damage from each battle is added to the total, and once it reaches 10 million (1 day, 1 week, 6 months, it’s up to how often you use him) that quest branch is completed.

If the red skill is something you want to focus on, you can knock out 10 million damage in the first few hours of Invasion with Zurg on a Blue week. In this way, some of these quests could be completed in the background while you do everything else, some could be completed while completing other quests, some could be your primary focus, but the main idea is that they have some individuality to them.

5 Likes

…imma just go with the good side sooo bye P2W supporters

2 Likes

Yes you definitely do if you want to get it in a reasonable time

1 Like

Way too much of a grind. Can barely beat CW on normal with 4 reds, let alone the top level CW for red chips. Then there’s the 200 hero chips.

3 Likes

No, this is a ridiculous amount of grind and work for a red skill. Couple with the rate of level cap increases, this has effectively destroyed the game for f2p players. I used to spend a decent amount, maybe 1k in the span of 3 months or so. Ive been f2p since may. Due to everything i went from 11th on the server to 177th now. At this point with the red skills, im on the verge of quitting. Dragon Souls was a fun game. Portal Quest was decent. This game has been turned into a pile of money grabbing trash.

2 Likes

This right here

Red skills are scary.

Do you guys feel a F2P can unlock and upgrade red skills? If yes, how hard is it to accomplish this?
So far the feeeback makes it seem like it’s very hard to unlock red skills unfortunately.

1 Like

Red. Skills don’t seem to bad… I would love for them to come to server 19 so I can try them out
:exploding_head:

1 Like

Personally, I’m not happy with the Red skills. I don’t have enough heroes with the Red skill available to even complete CW half way. The amount of chips you get for finishing one zone seems very low compared to the amount of time you have to put in for grinding.

3 Likes

I haven’t achieved the red skills yet… it’s disheartening to not be able to pass level 2 hard mode in CW due to the strength increase. (I used to be able to pass it).
I’m so discouraged, just feel like deleting the game altogether.

2 Likes

Red skills sound awesome if I could get any. I been playing for over a year and a half and play daily and online all the time and yet I have so much trouble leveling. All the free to play players will never see a red skill because its almost impossible to get anywhere with the current rewards. Again I would love to give feedback but I have no chance of ever getting one and trust me I play enough to not miss much. Thanks.

2 Likes

I am a whale and even I can say this is too much

2 Likes

Not a fan! City watch is already a grind, and this takes way too long to collect the chips. If we could buy with extra characters chips that would work, as many players have far too many excess chips. I know chips are used for mods, but most players will never use all of their chips. This is also a way to help all players as they level up toons.
In its current state however red skills are not a great idea.

1 Like

Really
Just really?

This is constructive criticism precisely because I love the game, please read it all before you silence me or hide this.

First, an honest question. Are you really going to listen to the player base? Or will we still be complaining about the constant cap and rank raises a month from now?

Here’s my take:

Red Skills are yet another “grind and pay” feature whose return on investment (time, stamina, gold, character chips, etc) is minimal at best. It’s a feature that the vast majority of the player base is unhappy with, and I don’t understand why with all of the Quality of Life suggestions players have asked for; something no one asked for, in a format no one wants, is what we got instead.

City Watch feels broken now unless you want to complete it at a lower difficulty which defeats the purpose of attaining the skills.

Sorry, I’m not a fan and I have yet to meet anyone who is enthusiastic about them.

In gaming, there’s a fine line between making a game challenging versus making a game frustrating. I’d counsel you to look at the attrition rate patterns across the servers to get an idea of where you are taking your player base. I’m still in the game, but I know a lot of people who have already rage-quit.

3 Likes

The concept seems ridiculous. Every other skill level was bringing the hero of choice to that color, and then spending gold to level up the skill. Now, you have to raid City watch to collect keys, to play this other CW mode which doesn’t unlock the skill, but gives you 1/3 of the required resources. Then you have to wait until your hero is 6*, obtain an additional 200 chips, then pay 10mil gold to unlock, then additional gold to level that skill up.

Im at the server one cap, and have reds, and beat epic. But for me to gain the red skill for just top 5 would take a lot more time and patience than just reaching red or red1. It’s insane how many hoops I have to jump through to obtain the skill compared to every other skill.

Why aren’t red skills just reaching red and spending gold like others? Hero chips go with friend missions and now mods, why another 200 after the 6* just to add a skill?

4 Likes

I can’t comment other than to say I have been playing for 456 days and they are WAY too unattainable for me, so that should tell you something.

4 Likes

I simply hate it… I feel like I’m force to grind like crazy. Furthermore, once you get there, the hero you just boosted will probably be replaced by a better hero. I simply don’t see the point.

Thanks for taking the time to check our feedback. It’s appreciated.

2 Likes

Can you please make an easier way to unlock Red Skills than City Watch?

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney