Requesting Player Feedback on Pink Dots

Hello everyone! We see your concerns about game lag, and we wanted to let you know that this is something we continue to investigate and hope to alleviate through various Quality of Life changes and bug fixes. One of the biggest causes of these performance issues are the pink dots with exclamation marks you see in the game.

With over 200 heroes in Disney Heroes: Battle Mode, this has made badge recipes extremely complicated! This is especially true for 2 main screens, where we would like to get your thoughts on possibly removing pink dots from:

The Team Trials Rewards screen:

The Merchant screens:

These screens are causing performance issues because of the complicated Badge formulas it pulls to give you the list of heroes that need those bits or badges. The quick fix would be to remove these pink dots, which also removes the names of the heroes that need those items for crafting.

Other options include simplifying the formulas and adjusting resource costs, however these would be an expensive solution for us time-wise. Going this route would interfere with getting other important quality of life improvements out this year.

Ensuring that the game continues to be fun and enjoyable for you is important to us, so please fill out the below questionnaire and give us any feedback you may have on this change!

On a scale of 1-5, please rate the following, with 1 meaning “Strongly Disagree”, 2 “Slightly Disagree”, 3 “Neutral/Don’t Care”, 4 “Slightly Agree” and 5 meaning “Strongly Agree”:

I often have to deal with game lag in Disney Heroes: Battle Mode

0 voters

Lag prevents me from playing Disney Heroes: Battle Mode

0 voters

I like to see which badges/bits in the Merchant shops can be equipped by my heroes

0 voters

I like to see which badges/bits in the Team Trials can be equipped by my heroes

0 voters

I find the pink attention dots to be useful in the Merchant shops

0 voters

I find the pink attention dots to be useful in the Team Trial Rewards screen

0 voters

I would not mind if the pink attention dots are removed if it meant game lag was reduced

0 voters

28 Likes

It’s not only the dots(?) game loading huge amount of badge rewards makes whole team trials very laggy. It should listing 5 newest badges and then pop-up with list of other bits. Or just change these rewards as they are outdated to badge crates.
And in port as you play manually, because of thousands seperate credits drops game lags. Just remove all non sapphire credits and increase sapphire credits drops or add new credit type, or remove credits overall and make it just drop gold in the end. No idea why we need credits anyway, their only purpose is to get sold for gold.

And again, nothing for badge enhancing which is also slow and laggy.
Badge shop is outdated, could also make it sell badge crates.

26 Likes

imo, the pink dots on arena and coli (after you’ve used all your fights and keys) are extremely annoying also, as is invasion. there is no way to get rid of them and it’s distracting and must contribute to the lag.

with there being so many heroes now, it has been suggested a handful of times that you implement some sort of favourites system so we can highlight the heroes we use most. also, there needs to be a red skill option in the drop down menu, along side ‘level’ ‘team ‘rank’ etc

i also feel like there needs to be an ‘enhance all’ button for enhancements because going through 6 badges for over 200 heroes one by one is tedious and time consuming.

i find the pink dots extremely irritating, especially when we can’t get rid of them, like stated above

22 Likes

Dots? Really?

Of all the QoL stuff that can be improved you could have chosen, your main concern is a lag that is caused
 by little pink dots?

14 Likes

Why not in the shops and such, why not instead of pink dots, darken the items that you do not need

It might be less laggy

15 Likes

It helps me to have the pink dots at the merchants.

19 Likes

Enhance all for badges is available at higher Vip ranks btw

6 Likes

Not really, the team kinda jinxed it on themselves since the requirements for crafting a single badge are now ridiculous. But nobody brought that up in a meeting, guess why

17 Likes

The lag is very problematic for a lot of the DH Community and needs to be addressed.

17 Likes

I dont think they mean the animation of the pink dots, but the formulas in the game to pull what your 200 heroes need to enhance, showing as pink dots makes it laggy. So it would prolly still be laggy if they change it to darken cuz the formulas are still there which make it lag

9 Likes

My issue with pink dots is on the hero screen where nearly every toon has one because of mods or badges. Totally useless imo in this circumstance.

23 Likes

If I’m being honest, I don’t think anybody has come on here to complain about a lag that is caused by a bunch of one-inch dots.

5 Likes

I’m going to be honest, I didn’t even know this was in the game; if I had known before, I would’ve been calling for it to be removed for years because I just don’t see it as helpful, much less needed.

The pink dots in the badge shop are mildly useful, but I’m more than willing to sacrifice them in the name of improving game performance.

That still leaves the lag we get at the start of many hours, and especially at the start of Invasion, as well as the most annoying lag in the game, the 2-3 minute lag that sometimes occurs when resetting City Watch. I’d love to know if any headway has been made in tracking down the causes of those lags. Still, I’ll take any progress we can get.

This, 100%.

If they’re causing lag and removing them can reduce the lag, I’d say that’s a good QoL improvement.

I see pink dots on badges that I don’t have but can craft thousands of all the time. To me, that drastically reduces their usefulness.

And pulling this aside for the end to highlight its importance:

I fully understand how this would be a daunting, time-intensive undertaking, but if you’re planning on the game to be around for years more, I think it would be very beneficial if not, at some point, necessary. I hope it’s something you’ll be keeping on the to-do list and gathering ideas for.

16 Likes

Displaying the dots doesn’t cause lag, I’m sure. Calculating which badges are needed and for which heroes, though, I can see how that would take up a lot of processing cycles, contributing to lag.

6 Likes

I havent noticed lag on these screens, but I understand others might have it.

Where I find lag is in war/coliseum and a lesser extent Arena. These can be unbearably slow where I have taken 20 minutes in a war recently to replace 1 off duty character over 2 lines on a cleanup. This was simply changing the line viewed, scrolling to the character I wanted to add and adding them, my FPS during this dropping to 0, and having 2-3 seconds at 60FPS every 3 minutes or so.

Im not sure what is causing it, Im looking at the tutorial messages that never stop. Arrows pointing at the numbers that make you go to the line it wants to sort out, not the line I want to sort out. Also maybe its the disk changing system on these screens because this wasnt a problem a year ago and thats the only real change I can think of since it started other that a lot more choice in toons.

Now this is on Bluestacks so I dont expect a fix unless others using android phones or iphones report it. But I can think of a couple of things that could help.

Add a setting in the options screen to TURN OFF these dots, also to turn off the tutorials that we no longer need.

7 Likes

Still, doesn’t this seem a little random and out of the blue to you?

2 Likes

Considering how many different lower-level badges are required to craft a full Yellow-rank badge for a hero, absolutely not.

3 Likes

So why did you post about It anyway if you know it’s off topic?
If you know it’s off topic then don’t post it Krish

5 Likes

im vip 17 and you still cant

3 Likes

No added valur

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney