Roadmap Update June 22nd

I’m not quite as familiar with the mercs feature in DH. What do you feel is most rewarding about them?

1 Like

@Samm Hi Samm, hope you don’t mind me asking, but yeah wondering if there are any information in terms of the next State of the Game post and the Q&A Live Chat? :-).

It is about time for them schedule wise, so if you could at least tell us if the State of the Game/Live Q&A are coming now in the Summer or in Fall/Autumn.

(Started writing this before you posted, but I hope you don’t mind).

4 Likes

Absolutely nothing.
I don’t use them for well over a year.

They simply cost too much.

What is the logic to spend 300M gold on a merc to just then get 4M gold in CW or 60M gold in surge? Completely useless.

And that too, CW rewards are outdated.

9 Likes

The Mercenary feature isn’t really about rewarding players, it is about pushing forward in Surge and open up the next wave for the Surge.

It is more so an extra tool to battle in order to help players progress in Surge, rather than something rewarding per say.

I rather not hire Mercenaries due to the high costs, I would be more willing to if it was lower. If wanting to drain gold out of the game economy some, it might be better to lower it from the perspective of the people so that people are more up for more regularly using the Mercenary feature.
As it is, I wouldn’t say it as a point of good UX(User Experience) as players likely dislike using the Mercenary feature due to the high costs compared to reward, so I would recommend lowing the Mercenary costs some as such.

You can also use the Mercenary feature for City Watch as well I think, but not sure how many do City Watch these days.

But yeah, hope this helps you some Samm :-). Not an expert on Mercenaries so others will likely have better explanations, but yeah thought I try to help at least.

4 Likes

I’ll bring it up at our roundtable and see when the earliest is we could set something like that up. The Q & A’s are harder to set up because of people’s schedules. It’s tough to be able to get everyone together at the same time.

3 Likes

Ah thanks and appreciate the answer Samm :-).

Understandable if needing to plan a bit more for the Live Q&A especially if still working remote, but yeah looking forward to hear when the State of the Game is ^^.

Also recommend setting up the important highlight with Bullet Point markers, that way it easier to read if each sentence highlights their own part :-).

Like here:

Not a must, but appreciated.

5 Likes

Well given that the tooltips say: “Want to try out a new hero, ask your guildmates to post as mercenary”…? (or something along those lines)

It is useful for lower power guildmates to be able to contribute to surge. This is the only place they can get gold, but due to the absurd scaling of enemies, in surge, they cannot even defeat one area.
So that’s another reason.

Thirdly, it is the only way to get guild coins if I am not mistaken? Not that it is very useful, but it is a feature that is ingame for a reason, so I guess…?

So can you feedback to us please, what is the aim of the team to have mercenaries feature in the game? because there is clearly a massive disconnect on what the feature is for.

5 Likes

Being that one person constantly leveling 30 heroes instead of the usual 15 or 16, in surge my guild has 11 raids I can do in surge and a lot of times I’m only able to do 10 raids so it’s bad that nothing is done about that. I know I’m not that weak.

3 Likes

I think it only gives surge tokens, not guild coins. But :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The truth is that most surge districts usually have at least one refreshed OR new / still very strong hero @Samm… and usually that hero is enough to waste an entire line.

At least if the spots numbered 6-27 could use just some older heroes, I remember that Easy and Medium City Watch difficulties have something like a list of allowed heroes to be in lines.

Plus I agree that at least the gold in City Watch is very outdated. Anything gives more. Should be at least 120-180M per City Watch (aka 8+M per fight, not 3M for entire run).

5 Likes

So, literally after you guys said that you wouldn’t adjust Merc hire cost, we have a guild coin contest? What in the world is that?

I feel like you guys just don’t listen to your players…ever… Why do you guys enjoy enraging people like this?

4 Likes

It used to be that the primary use for mercs was to clear additional districts in Creep Surge, but now that we’ve reached the point where they tend to cost roughly 3 times as much as the amount of gold a district is worth, now the only time it makes sense to hire them for that reason is if it will help you reach another tier, bumping up the multiplier another 3%.

Other than that, probably the main use for mercs nowadays is to earn guild coins for contests like the one starting today. And since it doesn’t make sense to hire strong mercs for Creep Surge, guild members are encouraged to post their weakest, cheapest mercs, in order to get as many mercs hired as possible. That means less gold spent on mercs.

Now that we’re down to one new hero every 3 weeks, most of the consistently active players are able to level up each new hero as they’re added to the game, which means there’s less need to hire a merc for the purpose of testing a hero that you’ve not worked on. And of course it’s possible to hire one for City Watch, but I suspect the vast majority of players have either built a roster of heroes that allows them to consistently finish a CW without a merc, or have given up on that mode because they found it too hard for too long.

6 Likes

@Samm in other words…

If “mercenary cost” > “change of gold yield in creep surge”

Then it’s not profitable or advantageous to use the feature.

And not using the feature means it could as well not exist…

5 Likes

Give us SPECIAL TRIAL - SUMMER edition.

We need and want more playable game, not a dead game with boring daily routine.

Do something with skills chip, codebase chips too. 361 crates are nothing in comparaion how much is needed per one toon.

5 Likes

We have issues with Prize Wall.

What happend? Today Wall is not refreshed :frowning:

4 Likes

The refresh depends upon the difference between the start and the next daily reset.

If the difference is <12h, the refresh does not happen.
So basically it happened for all European, African and Asian players

2 Likes

Yellow QoL is postponed…or spread out.

However it would be nice if Codebase wasn’t just a rotten dead gamemode @Samm.

400 megabits a day of each type barely do anything if you need 900 to just unlock one battle badge… not even talking about top levels.

2 Likes

Everyone gets the same amount of refreshes at the end… so unless you are a heavily competing you lose basically nothing.

I can understand frustration if someone does heavily compete… not 100% sure for what though.

2 Likes

@Samm Any Roadmap updates :)? It’s been almost a month.

4 Likes

With no mercs

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney