Roadmap Update June 22nd

You could be nicer,but who am I to say

3 Likes

Be nice to someone who is not nice to you? They should expect that when they are clearly NOT nice to us.

Change first before asking someone else to change. Isnā€™t that a fact?

5 Likes

Itā€™s who I am as a person,I can be nice or can be mean but you never met me irl ā€œdearā€

3 Likes

Not that I want to. And thanks God, I donā€™t

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t serious but,Iā€™m always nice irl

3 Likes

So you work in customer service, but youā€™ve never had anyone be rude and insulting to you over something you had no control over?

People who are able to keep a wide variety of heroes leveled up at or near max rank are able to make significantly more gold than before on Creep Surge, they just canā€™t hire more than a few mercs before they start losing gold by doing so. Everyone else, though, is going to be struggling. The last time I checked district 27 at the start of our guildā€™s surge, its power was higher than the entire war team of about a fifth of our guild members; kind of hard to make gold in surge if the best you can hope for is to maybe beat one or two districts.

And when are they going to check the metrics again? Six months, a year, two years? Iā€™ve already gone from having all of my mercs hired most days to having half of them hired on a good day, and a lot of my guildmates look to be down to having at most one hired on most days; how much worse will it need to get before theyā€™ll consider changes to the hiring costs?

5 Likes

You do got a good point Jody

2 Likes

All the time. I just donā€™t care. After all, that is not my problem. And I believe the same thing can be said about the costumer service team here as well.

Most of my mercs have gone unhired everyday :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: it is nothing new anymore. People cant make gold hiring them

And tbh, the guild coins are useless right now. The amount of hero chips we get from guild crates are tiny compared to what we need to spendā€‹:confused::confused::confused:

So, truthfully, letā€™s wait until the exclusive hero is available in gold crates. Thatā€™s much more worth spending our goldā€¦not spam hiring Merc for less of hero chips

I doubt they will do anything soonā€¦or at all

I just hope they donā€™t bring back Guild token contest. That contest went from the easiest one to the most challenging contest as of now (after FTN and exp drink contest, of course)

4 Likes

How do you know their gender? Samm has never confirmed their gender and probably wont. Also plz just call them samm.

1 Like

Yeah right :roll_eyes: You are never nice to anyone who doesnā€™t agree with your opinions

3 Likes

I mean, I did have a quick view at the data and reviewed both formulasā€¦ (surge gold yield and mercenary costā€¦)

Results:
A surge district with 1.82B Team Power yields 68.92M Gold.
However, a Mercenary at exactly 360M Power costs exactly 180,002,500 (180.003M) Gold.

No one in the team thinks this is odd. Okeyā€¦

Another thing, I tried to find at which Power the two formulas are equal (aka at what Power the amount of gold yielded in Surge district equals the gold used to hire a mercenary).
As one works with Team Power and the other one with Hero Power, I divided the Hero Power by 5.

The result of this is: 76,223,900 Team Power.
That is 15,244,780 Hero Power.

Yet the highest Hero Power possible right now is 673,190,000 Hero Power, over 40x as much.

It is just not even, the mercenary cost should be much lower than it is today.

EDIT:
Another possibility for the team to consider @Sammā€¦ would be to change the mercenary cost to the same formula as the surge district gold yield.

I put there the hero power of my highest hero at 673.19M and got the following mercenary cost with it:
34,403,121.6888 = 34.40M Gold
Considering the district would give me 68.92M Gold I think itā€™s a pretty fair deal :wink:

9 Likes

That certainly seems reasonable to me, as not only would it make hiring mercenaries a viable option again, it would automatically scale with future power creep. Unfortunately, itā€™s clear that PerBlue doesnā€™t care about that, since their metrics indicate that merc prices are currently fine.

Obviously I canā€™t know what metrics PerBlue would be considering in this case, but two options come to mind easily. One is simply the hiring rate, and while itā€™s obviously much lower now than it was a year or two ago, it could well be that itā€™s still above PerBlueā€™s desired level. The other is the amount of gold spent on mercs, which could very easily still be comparable to what itā€™s been in the past due to their costs rising so much lately.

4 Likes

it seems like things that do this are actively avoided for whatever reason, with every single thing thatā€™s ever been added relying on a scaling method that falls behind with every update

4 Likes

money of all reasonsā€¦ no incentive = no revenue

4 Likes

Iā€™m not quite as familiar with the mercs feature in DH. What do you feel is most rewarding about them?

1 Like

@Samm Hi Samm, hope you donā€™t mind me asking, but yeah wondering if there are any information in terms of the next State of the Game post and the Q&A Live Chat? :-).

It is about time for them schedule wise, so if you could at least tell us if the State of the Game/Live Q&A are coming now in the Summer or in Fall/Autumn.

(Started writing this before you posted, but I hope you donā€™t mind).

4 Likes

Absolutely nothing.
I donā€™t use them for well over a year.

They simply cost too much.

What is the logic to spend 300M gold on a merc to just then get 4M gold in CW or 60M gold in surge? Completely useless.

And that too, CW rewards are outdated.

9 Likes

The Mercenary feature isnā€™t really about rewarding players, it is about pushing forward in Surge and open up the next wave for the Surge.

It is more so an extra tool to battle in order to help players progress in Surge, rather than something rewarding per say.

I rather not hire Mercenaries due to the high costs, I would be more willing to if it was lower. If wanting to drain gold out of the game economy some, it might be better to lower it from the perspective of the people so that people are more up for more regularly using the Mercenary feature.
As it is, I wouldnā€™t say it as a point of good UX(User Experience) as players likely dislike using the Mercenary feature due to the high costs compared to reward, so I would recommend lowing the Mercenary costs some as such.

You can also use the Mercenary feature for City Watch as well I think, but not sure how many do City Watch these days.

But yeah, hope this helps you some Samm :-). Not an expert on Mercenaries so others will likely have better explanations, but yeah thought I try to help at least.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll bring it up at our roundtable and see when the earliest is we could set something like that up. The Q & Aā€™s are harder to set up because of peopleā€™s schedules. Itā€™s tough to be able to get everyone together at the same time.

3 Likes

Ah thanks and appreciate the answer Samm :-).

Understandable if needing to plan a bit more for the Live Q&A especially if still working remote, but yeah looking forward to hear when the State of the Game is ^^.

Also recommend setting up the important highlight with Bullet Point markers, that way it easier to read if each sentence highlights their own part :-).

Like here:

Not a must, but appreciated.

5 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | Ā© Disney