Sally - Blue Skill and Invasion

Firstly, let me reference @Yappy_Yap for raising this issue before.
“Is Sally’s blue skill always activated when she dies the first time?”

It goes without saying that heroes that have second life are naturally a good choice for invasion front line, to avoid those 1 shot kills. However, it seems that Sally’s blue skill only activates once per revive when up against the bosses which seems extremely unfair since this effectively removes a whole colour power from the hero in every other fight (assuming the 1 shot kill is the only death). I have screen shot 2 battles, both at 59 seconds so you can see the difference.
The first time…

The second time

I get that there is a distinction in the wording of the power which reads “The first time sally reaches 0 HP” ,which is different to the likes of Hades which reads “Once per battle, when Hades reaches 0 HP” (Randall also falls into that one) and the likes of Angel which reads “Once per wave, when Angel reaches 0 HP”. I have tested Hades and he does not experience the same problem.

I do not believe for one second that the intention in this difference of wording was to have the effect that it does in invasion, and offer the following as proof of the same.

There is another hero who has the same issue (I can only think of 2 such heroes at the moment), and that is Judy Hopps. I confess, I do not recall whether Sally was introduced before or after invasion was thought up. However, I know that Judy predates invasion by quite a bit. Her Purple skill reads “The first time Judy reaches 0 HP”, the same wording as Sally. So the wording, and programming, would appear to have nothing to do with invasion.

So either this is a conscious (and poor) decision by per blue, or it is a difference in the programming that is causing it to behave differently to other second chance heroes. I would like to believe it is the later as otherwise it is extremely harsh. If I am wrong @Polaris please correct me.

I would also give another example that suggests that this is merely an unfortunate by-product of programming. If you take Sally or Judy and attack something in campaign, or in coliseum, or in arena… you don’t suddenly find that on your next attack their second chance power doesn’t work… try it… make an attack with Sally or Judy in normal campaign - once they have died and activated power click retreat. Then attack again and watch them use their second chance again. Indeed, I cannot think of any situation where the power behaves like this other than in invasion (and we know that Judy and possibly Sally too predate invasion).

Please fix this as it is most unfair on people that have put effort into powering these heroes up.

1 Like

This is not a bug. Heroes in Invasion Boss battles retain their health and energy from battle to battle so it’s considered one long combat. Skills that are only used once are considered used until the hero is KO’d and revived. This is the same thing that allows Nick to keep the maximum number of lemmings from battle to battle. It’s the same behavior that happens in City Watch.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

The only thing that confuses me then… if it one long battle, why can Hades retreat after using Lord of the Dead… and then use Lord of the Dead again in next round?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney