Skill cost increase was worse than imagined

Just coming to the forums to also voice my disagreement with the gold and exp cost increases. I struggle to have a few characters usable at my level, although I think it would be fun. In a game I always ask: where’s the fun? This cost increase actively removes fun from the game and makes it even harder for people to use more heroes they enjoy.

4 Likes

We as the consumer need to band together to make any change. If we stop buying they will have no power. Join me in the free to play revolution. If they lose enough spenders and it hits their pocket book then they will have to do something. Until it hurts they financially they couldn’t care less what our opinions are.

6 Likes

Baymax only use was as a shield now a 3 star disk is crap hows that right?

1 Like

I as well would like to add my voice to those about the increase to leveling. These changes don’t adversely affect the big spenders of the game which is what the notes made it seem like they were being made to address. It adversely affects all of us who try and be competitive without giving all of our hard earned money to this game. You want to offset the leveling so the metrics for your server don’t alert you as fast that it is time to increase the level cap, fine. But I bet there is a much better way to do it then to slow down all the f2p players who are near top levels. Like others I will be re-evaluating my financial contributions to this game as I do not like the direction it is going.

4 Likes

Vote with your wallet boycott!!!

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Update 1.7 Patch Notes:

So I turned out to be wrong. My idea of changing the 1k scaling to 1.5k was in my mind a worst case scenario. Instead it turns out that the scaling is increased to 3k. So let’s do some more math. Pre 1.7 was a total of 3,360,100. Whereas now 1.7 goes to a total of 3,573,100. A difference of 213,000. Which brings to total upgrade cost of 2 skills to lvl 100 another 20.8M. 14M higher than my worst guess. Again this is only for green and white skills. Adding blue and purple only makes it worse. A 300% increase to the scaling is NOT okay. Especially when new heroes and new level caps are continuing to be introduced. It is my belief that if PB want to save face and not hemorage more players and get more refunds taken out of their account that this change needs to be reverted.

26 Likes

Yikes! Haven’t spent much on this game recently outside really enticing badge buster deals but I am definitely done now. Already didn’t have enough gold or XP potions now the problem is just exasperated. I’m by no means a whale but have ~20 level 100 skill maxed characters but now feels like I won’t be getting anyone else their anytime soon

3 Likes

Please revert this awful idea…

Funny thing is, there is a 50 euro deal now celebrating this patch and guess what’s in the deal? Among other things: 7m in gold.

What a joke

8 Likes

This was exactly what I did before the update. Telling us in advance that you were retroactively jacking up the skill costs was an incredibly bad move because it just let all the players with capped characters and resources to burn cement their lead over the players who struggle to keep their main teams skilled up. I probably spent 15 million gold and now someone else doing the same thing will need to spend 50 to catch up, how on earth is that fair?

3 Likes

@Polaris, I am trying to be neautral here but to make a claim about hording is just unrealist without statistics and numbers to back your claim. The people that are actually playing are spending more than what they are recieving.
I honestly suggest, in the future, to provide some kind of data supporting these claims. To add on this this: of those people hording the gold, are they player that paid for the gold, are they active players who are actively playing, are they players that stop playing? When your company makes a claim such as this, it must be backed up by valid data that should be open to the public. The company does not have to disclose all the nit and grit of your stats, but it would help, to clear most people head.
Just FYI, I am f2p player. So i will always have gold and exp issue as I will always need gold and exp to catch up to the higher players.

5 Likes

I don’t like this change, either. I love this game and spend more than I should on it. Now I use the only possible way to really voice my concern about this changes and stop sending all together. I really hope that they roll back on this update. After the 6 star outcry I hoped that this wouldn’t repeat itself…

3 Likes

I have stopped spending now, and for the first time I’m am not renewing my subscription. What happening to the game is unacceptable.

4 Likes

I’m level 97 and a non-paying VIP 7. I play actively every day, do all my dailies, score highly in surge and always do hard CW. I strategise and manage resources as well as anybody.

I could just barely maintain 24 max levelled and skilled heroes (forget promotions though, no chance). The rest are totally forgotten, at level 70 and with level 50 skills or below.

The cost has increased by a third.

So, my 24 maxed heros will be reduced to 16. That is barely enough to cover a coli team.

It is NOT enough to cover my war offence, because there can be up to 5 off duty heros.

The game is now ruined for me.

8 Likes

Rules how about you follow some ethics and start respecting your loyal players. I have been here since it come out and seen so many players leave because of your greed. You are so close to losing even more of the top 50 players in server 7 and u don’t care.@Polaris

3 Likes

Polaris is doing what be can. All we can do is be patient and hope for the best. I feel like he really is sharing our complaints with his contacts. I’m just hoping it’ll be enough.

He’s the only one capable of helping us now, so don’t hate on him too much. I don’t want him giving up on us or this game.

4 Likes

They are taking the Mickey Mouse, such a rip off. It’s like they don’t care about the players and just want money

1 Like

It is worse than I expected too, I expected it to align so level 100 cost 100,000. But this exceeded even that, unbelievable.

Pay to win just become so much more real than it ever was.

4 Likes

What’s taking the Mickey Mouse?

PerBlue, who else would be :joy: :joy:

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney