Skill cost increase was worse than imagined

See this for a change. Exp cost went sky rocket too see the difference in amount required for different levels. In 2 levels it is 10k difference them in 7 levels it is 25k around.

1 Like

Thanks but before update screenshots would have been nice also.

I mean they were significantly less than that. Just look at a character under 86.

The 6 start thing was never a debacle
 this is. So many people i know will stop spending skills immediately and this is from s7 and s1 - the most committed, the biggest spenders, add on the fact that also the other deal was stopped before the 24h
 @polaris this is not a good thing

1 Like

This is the worst change we’ve had in my opinion. I don’t know who has extra gold but I definitely don’t lol

I’m saving gold because of this update. In the hope they revert it

So, the actual increase for each hero wasn’t that big.

I’ll show you:
Before the update, white and green skills started at 100 gold at level 1, then 500 gold at level 2 and increased 500 gold per level until they reach level 42, which costs 20.000 gold. This way, the total to max white skill, for example, until level 42 was (and still is) 410.100 gold.
From level 43 onwards the cost increased 1.000 per level. So, the total to max white skill, for example, from level 43 to level 100 was 2.871.000 gold.
This way, it would cost you 3.281.100 gold to max your white skill from level 1 to level 100.

And it would cost you a total of 12.639.200 to max all skills from level 1 to level 100.

That being said, after the update they increased the cost from skill level 87 onwards. It started to cost 3.000 gold per skill rather than 1.000 gold. So, the total now to max white skill from level 87 to level 100 is 1.275.000 gold.

Now, the total gold spent to max all your skills from level 1 to level 100 is 13.479.200 gold.

The difference isn’t big if you look to a single hero isolated, it’s only 840.000 gold.

The problem is that we have 49 heroes in the game at the moment, so it's a total increase of 41.160.000 gold. And that, my friend, is when it starts to become an absurd!

4 Likes

I had made a similar post on this topic. I don’t know if your math is correct but I 100% agree that the change from 1k to 3k level scaling is ridiculous.

It’s not hero level 87 and onward, it’s TL 87 and onward. So that affects all levels of heroes once you pass TL 87.

1 Like

The irony is, I don’t even want to spend my gold on my ‘other’ characters anymore - it’s just such a waste.

So I’m in fact hoarding MORE than I did previously.

1 Like

They’re going to see people hoarding now and then use THIS data (from the past 4 days) and attempt to use it against us. Doesn’t matter how they spin it. Data doesn’t lie. But people can lie about data.

2 Likes

This is incorrect. It’s for heros at 87. I just started leveling up a new person and the prices were not changed.

1 Like

From 1.7 Patch Notes:

Gold costs to level skills and hero XP costs to level
heroes have been increased for higher Team Levels
These are for Team Level 86 and up and will affect all servers with caps at this level or above
We’re seeing the growth in gold and hero XP gained at these Team Levels outstrip players’ abilities to spend them
This is leading to some hoarding of gold and hero XP
We’re making this change to cut down on gold and hero XP inflation now before things get out of control

Oh I read the notes! Thanks though. I’m telling you what my game showed

1 Like

@Kinokan
Yeah, mate, my math is super straight. I have an excel plan that I use to organize myself and it does all my calcs for me, so they are correct.

@Sleepy_Doc @Enchanter_Boo
It is written that it’s from Team Level 87 onwards, but it is wrong. I have plenty of heroes that I used to double check my calcs and also plenty of guild mates’ heroes. The price starts to increase once you have your SKILLS past level 87. My team level is 99 and all my heroes’ skills that are under level 87 remain the same.

2 Likes

but high skills (purple and blue) are lower level but are affected.

They mean if you had all things maxxed at 86, the next levels will be increased

If the hero is under 87 then they don’t have the increase.

So for those of us that we not at Max level before the patch also get entirely screwed
 As we have to spend way more gold and xp just to get to lvl 100 where as other players didn’t have to.

4 Likes

Who is the person/persons involved with making these type of update decisions? I need to speak with your boss! Unacceptable gold increase is going to let my daily diamonds expire and possibly make me quit this game.

3 Likes

Yeah. For white and green it’s level 87, for blue it’s level 67 and for purple it’s level 47. I used the white skill just as an example, as I said before.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney