State of the Game - August 2020

@Polaris About the guild gift deals. I´d really like to see the data on Hero Chips and Invasion Breakers guild gifts, since I just don´t believe what you posted.
If we counted the “guildmates” that bought the deal, we would have the amount of people countable in maybe tens. While Diamond Crates surely had hundreds or more buying them.

Unless you were talking about the crippled S21 and S22. Then yes… for them, the hero chips and invasion breakers have more value.

12 Likes

Yes!

As support… that damage he did is now gone.

Well… Mulan?

I’ve heard about this. This means it’s coming in September, am I right?

Neither of the gold markets are :man_shrugging:

I guess I’m “okay” with this? I’ve always wanted a team catch-up deal ever since I reached the cap, but I always reach the new cap before the new cap is released

Is XP next?

I’m sorry, what?! I think the reason why is because of beginners who are desperate.

Please say this includes Ports.

That’s obvious :man_shrugging:

What we’d love to hear is Kim Possible

In an Announcer’s voice

25 red skills in less than 4 months and 26 days, now go!

26 Likes

I might have the Level to get them then… :sweat_smile::joy:

4 Likes

Yes, from what I see, the mode became much easier though still challenging. To be honest, I find City Watch much more entertaining than before, even if some enemy lineups make me angry.

The three nerfs you mentioned before were mostly for PvP modes, so no surprise they got successful, they give people more space, more counters. Gizmoduck’s nerf, however, mostly affects a non-PvP mode.

Yes, but no. Unfortunately, Cosmetic crates make it all random, so getting a cosmetic you want among those hundreds is nearly impossible. And the dupes, oh boy, more than 60% of them are dupes, at least for me. And now they have challenge stickers…I only miss two at the moment, so the dupe chance will increase. I have to say that for me personally, Cosmetic crates is the most disappointing thing ever added in DHBM.

We will see. Because yes, Invasion takes the most time when compared to other modes.

Yes please :smiley:

To be honest, I’m fine with it. Stamina/XP rewards increase could make those much less painful.

That’s a hard one. This type of games is all about upgrades, grinding and hoarding. I mean, how many ways do we have to upgrade heroes? Levels, ranks, skill levels, red skills separately, mod levels, mod ranks, mod upgrades, disk levels, disk stars. I hope I didn’t forget any. But again, reward increase might be the key.

Edit: yeah, stars, I forgot :sweat_smile:

It’s hard to tell, because the deals are not equal to each other. That diamond crate deal was definitely a valuable shot. I mean, a lot of people, at least in my guild, bought it, despite diamond crates not being the most valuable resource.

October is coming, make me scream :jack_o_lantern:

20 Likes

:joy:

That shows popularity, not power. With the insane resource grind, I wouldn’t be surprised if people haven’t been able to build the newer heroes, or got tired of chasing the meta.

Sounds good. :+1:

On the subject of shops, could badges in the tokens shops be moved down to a fixed price? No one wants to buy them when they cost as much as 100 hero chips.

What about alternating level and rarity cap increases?

The problem with cap raises is less about how the frequency, and more about how unbearable keeping up with them is. Badges take unhealthy amounts of stamina and gold to craft, and the costs have only gotten higher.

That doesn’t excuse the awful value, and especially not lowering it. On S19 I used to receive frequent deals for 1,000+ stamina packs for $5, and now it’s down to around 550. There’s also diamond deals, which are worse than buying from the market or “buy more” systems.

I don’t believe that, unless there are a billion 5-person guilds hiding somewhere gobbling them up in droves. No one in my guild buys them. For everyone I’ve talked to on the forum, no one has ever said the chip deals were popular in their guild.

If you still want to offer them, that’s fine. But the main complaint about them is how 5 chips for either a mediocre or old hero just isn’t worth the price.

That’s good to understand, but could you at least replace the items taken out with other things that don’t affect the gap as much? The players on those servers feel like they’re being ripped off.

20 Likes

this is a good point…

agree here - the prices in bazaar shop can be a little ridiculous too. There’s R11 badges that pop up in there costing over 50,000 diamonds - yes not a typo. In diamond package terms that’s 610 USD for a single badge. Who even has that many diamonds in stock at once?!

19 Likes

Hopefully with Cruella, Gothel, Ratigan, Don Karnage…

5 Likes

So @Polaris, for more clarification for some of things you’ve said.

1. Are the xp rewards being increased to scale?
  2. Whats the plan going forward to when levels and rarity becomes a problem? Because it will.
  3. What’s the deal with deals?? You didn’t really say whether certain deals are staying or going, just “improving” which could be they stay anyway when it comes to gaming.
  4. Whats the plan on reducing costs on the gold side?? You can still do the level rise and rarity rise and still keep costs on gold on the sensible level.
7 Likes

Maybe put that in the Update 2.2 issues thread instead.

3 Likes

Really excited to see that your adding more characters from existing films In the game such as Cheshire Cat and Maximus! Gives me hope that we can see additions to the Snow White collection like adding dopey or grumpy since we now have the evil queen!

And I’m looking forward to many other quality of life updates for the game as well, especially the friend update!

1 Like

Anyway, I got a thing here @Polaris. The team could think of changing the “stamina-something” deals into stamina refresh-something deals, while reworking get more stamina system.

Personal idea is:

1. Multiply the get more stamina amount by 10x (from current 372 to 3,720)
  2. Raise the cost after a single purchase (and change the cost to - in diamonds):
    25, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, …
    which would mean that for the same expenditure as now for 6x372 stamina (500 diamonds) one would get 4x3,720 stamina while leaving 125 diamonds to the player.
  3. Reduce the amount of stamina refreshes given in deals. I remember having a €5.49 deal with 100 stamina refreshes. That would be after all 4x3,720x100 stamina which is roughly a million?
  4. Make the bundles better and (possibly) lower the price of 30 Day Deals a little bit to roughly a half.
  5. Give substantially more diamonds in deals that would survive after Stamina deals are gone - roughly a half of the bigger 30 Day Deal (Patch deals, Crate deals, Stamina refresh deals, Friendship Supplies deals).
  6. INVASION-RELATED: Stop giving Invasion Supplies deals and instead focus on how to make the Invasion Shop better and more fitting for all the players. Cashing in on limited mode is quite pathetic.

4 are 5 I believe are more of make one or another type of thing.

3 Likes

@Polaris … thank you and as a member of the s21 strike its nice to see you’ve admitted s21 and s22 get bad deals … but to say we sell what people want who buys this ?

Now not gloating just making a point im vip 18 and this deal is complete garbage who buys those ? No one i know we all share deals we get and rest assure this one no one likes

9 Likes

Honestly, this is extremely frustrating to read for someone that plays on S22 and spends money on the game.
While I understand that you want to reduce the gap between F2P players and spenders, thanks a horrible way to do it.
There’s no improvement for F2P on S21/S22 compared to older servers, yet there’s significantly worse return of investment for spenders. If you actually want to reduce the gap, work on new or improved mechanics that give F2P more or easier access to resources. Or offer less or smaller deals. But alway do it consistently for all servers.
I feel the only proper way to play on S22/S21 is 100% F2P, because you feel cheated otherwise.

If you try to make everything scale automatically, please also scale deals across all servers the same way and ensure that earned resources scale the same way that costs scale for new levels and badges.

PS: No one will be mad at you if you overdue it with an increase in rewards. Whereas people get impatient quickly if nothing happens.

Thank you for the update!

8 Likes

27 Likes

I am thrilled to see this update. Thanks for working to get this out to us, @Polaris

So, here’s a thought. I buy lots of deals, even when I don’t think the deal is valuable, because I want to buy diamonds. And if I’m buying diamonds I might as well get some other stuff for it. Doesn’t make it right, doesn’t mean the deal is good.

I agree with this - depending on the caliber of player, different deals will be more interesting. I know that for the most part, my guild loves Guild gifts. They enjoy playing invasion and they usually don’t have the guild gift heroes that are offered, or they don’t have them 6*, so they buy it for themselves and for their teammates. I’m not surprised that Guild Gifts have not been popular on older servers, though.

Thank you for the response on this issue. I don’t like it and I’m still annoyed, but I appreciate getting a response. Just so that you know, though - things on S21 are not good right now. Even the whales are struggling (I’m sort of a dolphin, maybe a beluga, depends on who you ask) with getting resources to max significant portions of our rosters, like we do between patches. Our FTP players are losing hope of ever being able to catch up, and I’m seeing that while they may have the levels, they don’t have the stamina to farm the badges for their teams. Please, please, prioritize economy improvements for the S21 and S22 servers.

Excited about this from a content perspective! All my favorites will gain new stuff!

8 Likes

No mention of taking note of forum posts suggesting ways that war matchmaking could be improved upon. We’re actually giving you solutions to your problems as in bump the constant 7 game no rematch to 15. We’re doing more than just complain. It would be great if you could take notice too.

2 Likes

We NEED to talk about server merges. S18 is dying a painful death. There’s no new players to recruit from. People are getting burnt out of the absolutely insane pace of mudflation.

Based upon discord chats serving all servers, this problem is NOT isolated.

This needs to be the highest priority. Without an infusion of people, the game will die regardless of the rest of the changes.

7 Likes

Please show me one player that quit this game because there weren’t enough level cap increases.

17 Likes

Good update, however I think the statement that Randall was the only overpowered hero is incorrect. Elsa is in literally every single line up in the top 10 teams in both arena and colisium.

1 Like

The level cap cadence is a really bad take. When it use to be 5-6 weeks, you guys were not releasing as much heroes as you are. When it was 5-6 weeks, we didn’t have 100+ heroes. Most people that play the game know people quit because of the cost, not because they can’t spend more money.

15 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney