State of the Game - August 2020

@Polaris

When you say “inflated”, does this mean you plan on offering less items for the the same price deals on older servers, so the younger servers don’t feel as gypped?

The gap created between F2P players versus spenders does need to be narrowed, although I myself am a spender, but that still doesn’t justify the horrendous deals you gave the youngest servers.

You know what I find interesting is something others have brought up. When it comes to financial benefit on your part, your changes are immediate. But when it comes to benefiting your customers, the move is so much more thought out. Mentioning F2P players to justify that you have to “increase the contents of the deals more slowly” was a cheap shot.

I will say I appreciate that PerBlue listened, discussed and addressed the issues, albeit in deeply flawed ways. That is essentially what we wanted. Eventually, though, it’s the results of the conversation that will matter.

14 Likes

Awesome! Thanks! :smiley:

Sad to read that you want to keep the 4 week pattern for raising level caps and rarities. When did you test 5 or 6 weeks? Cannot remember that. Why not test it with 100+ heroes now? Guess noone would complain to have 5 or 6 weeks until the next level cap.

12 Likes

Fantastic Job so far PB and thank you Polaris for giving a detailed update, it’s much appreciated.

The only thing I’d like to see you guys working on soon is the war matchmaking as its dreadful for guild between rank 6-10. It could be a relatively quick fix just by altering the algorithm slightly.

Other than that, I’m happy with the progression so please keep it up!

1 Like

And this will be continue, thanks to the ignorance.
A G A I N…

9 Likes

Infusion on older servers doesn’t help unfortunately. The 4 week cap raise prevents new players to catch up in a decent amount of time, not to speak about a ludicrous amount of money that’s needed.
I don’t have a solution for this, but actually Portal Quest, an other PerBlue game does. There’s a resource shop for diamonds, where you can buy stamina, gold, xp and other needed consumables. If players return they can max out about 15-20 heroes in 2-4 months. Something similar is needed for Disney Heroes.

@Polaris its nice to see that you’ve taken the p2w gap and attempted to fix it. The problem is youve gone about it completely backwards. Like, 180 degrees in the wrong direction. The way to go with it would’ve been to increase the rewards we get from daily commitment as opposed to diminishing deals by a factor of 10. The main thing that the latest changes have created is increased the gap between people that seem to endlessly spend and casual spenders/f2p, causing a lot of casual spenders to stop spending or quit the game altogether.
What I hope is, as you have highlighted, in the to-do, is increase the rewards from daily participation, give at least 4x more stamina the way it happened with gold (or supposed to have, my gold from diamonds hasnt increased yet), make video crates scale to 4x the factor(perhaps make them slightly rarer) and reduce the over the top cost of highest campaign levels. The way the ‘closing the gap’ worked so far, all it has done was made everyone that doesnt spend 1000s every month equally as broke as p2w while heavy spenders can stay on top. The fact that each rank requires 6 badges, each badge is roughly 5k from scratch, we need a minimum of 15 heroes for coliseum, thats a cost of 450,000 stamina if one had to build every badge from scratch for their 15 heroes. 1.2k stamina a day from buys…doesnt cover it

11 Likes

Could you share your metrics? I don’t believe some of the stuff you have stated. Especially with the level caps and 4 weeks… Along with the amount of stamina required to craft newer badges does not appear to have been addressed… 8000-12000 stamina to craft 1 badge… This ends up being like $5 A BADGE if one was to buy some of the deals posted. I also noticed that if you do NOT spend money, you’ll get better deals…

8 Likes

I think it would help if the market sold higher tier badges instead of white, green and blue ones. It’s impossible to equip badges to heroes because the stamina requirements are off the charts, even with double drops. Also maybe let heroes keep 2 of their best badges with each upgrade so that they can be recycled by someone else… OR STH.
Same goes with XP drinks…why does that market have mini ones? They are useless! And they use a slot all the time. Either give mega+ xp drinks or an expensive badge

And btw totally random… Invisibility and Hex don’t work on Invasion?

10 Likes

Invincibility doesn’t too. Don’t know it but a Guild Member told me…

2 Likes

THANK GOD THEY KNOW HOW FREAKING OP MULAN IS!!! Seriously I can’t go a single battle without fighting her an insta killing me all of the time.

1 Like

Oops! That’s what I meant to write but got autocorrected xD

3 Likes

I feel like I’m one of the 4 exclusively free players that doesn’t seem to mind the consistent cap increases. Personally, I see it as something to work towards. More goals equals more reasons to play. That’s just how I see it.

Of course my favorite part of the game is the Heroes. I mean, that’s why I’ve continued playing for these almost 2 years. Excited to see the new ones and I’m glad their additions are pretty frequent too.

4 Likes

All well and good if you dont mind, but you will find it hard to keep up as more heroes gets added. This is why the majority of player base isn’t happy with the scaling. Hopefully more changes will come which will be more impactful.

3 Likes

“What you’ve done” (for 5 months!!!)

1. Ok, it’s good.
  2. Nothing has changed
  3. It needs to increase gold awards.
  4. Nothing has changed. Balance is awful
  5. It’s lie. Balance still is awful.
  6. Too little, but well, you say you will do more. Okay, let’s see
  7. No one asked for it
  8. Absolutely useless. Large awards for completing chapters are needed.

“What you’re working on”

1. Okay, everyone has long been waiting for this. I hope this implies a decrease in most levels of opening friendship and adding new friendship no higher than such a level.
  2. Just like paragraph 1, the requested change has long been. I am glad that the invasion will finally begin to change (of course, if in a good direction). I hope these changes will allow you to succeed in the invasion, without going every hour in the game.
  3. I do not think that more percs is a solution to the problem. First, it is only a temporary decision, secondly, new guilds will open them for years, which is also not very good. I think you need some new way to spend influence.
  4. All costs of chips and badges for diamonds should also be revised. Now it’s just outrageous. 200+ diamonds for a blue badge - it’s just madness.
  5. I hope these awards will meet the costs.
  6. Well, because the community has something to say. And I hope the criticism will also be taken note.

And finally, I really hope you will do everything you have promised. Because community trust is reduced to you with each update that adds OP heroes and ignores old and significant problems. I want this game to change for the better, and her fanbase grew, and not dying.

11 Likes

Exactly. If they can’t afford to be that transparent, they should give some indicator as to how the scaling system is calculated.

3 Likes

I hope finally some TV shows characters as Don Karnage, Chip & Dale, Gadget, Gummi Bears, DT17 will come. Kim Possible… :eyes:

And I hope Phineas and Ferb characters will come too, their movie is coming this month.

And from other movies, Bolt and UP characters will come.
Perhaps, maybe some playable cat, like Oliver?

2 Likes

How do you define small spenders? People that spend 50$ per month/more or less?
These arguments are unclear… is the gap in our server that big between small and big spenders? I can name 4-5 people that are way ahead of everyone else but unless you aim for rank1 in coli it doesn’t matter. You can beat everyone else.
People that buy only the daily quests can stay relevant with good resource management, but won’t be able to if others can get huge rewards from offers. I personally use only daily diamond quests and hit coli 1 division for 2 seasons in a row…

Not flaming you, but why do so many cry about the other servers like we were tricked? You don’t compete vs other servers, you compete against s21 people .

Finally it’s rather hypocritical talking about f2p players and small dolphins and use them as an excuse for anything when you people suggested a strike but not during weekend-contests. You ask them to strike for you, sacrifice the one decent offer they might have but you cant sacrifice your contest and instead pay perblue everything you didn’t pay the whole week and more. Many whales talk about how they care for other players but they cant even be fair to them for one weekend. Dont sugarcoat it…

8 Likes

Most of us who asked people to strike did strike during weekends

We just didnt tell them to strike during it so no one says we did only said that to win…

My guild coins mail stopped from being 3k-4k coins daily mailed

1 Like

1-possible merges

2-i didnt know the server was inflated nither was informed by perblue before making purchases

3-we won every guild war 0 loses for 4-5 seasons its obvious there is a gap and you cant close it… things stay you just get dominated without competition

4-with cap increases we just keep snowballing our lead

5-knowing how the costs are for chips/badges in the futures these deals cannot remain

6-i do not mind spending thousands but the current deals are fraud and bad for the future

7-population in new servers is huge and buts its under a threat from huge frustration that the caps bring and we will end up similar numbers as older servers with majority quitting the solution most likely would be ignore the complains open a new server and its something i hope doesnt happen

4 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney