State of the Game: September 2021

Did I miss something lol either its been a while or they did a secret update and did not realize a dog was in game now lol

Yes! We do monitor that!

1 Like

He’s a part of Carl’s White Skill.

6 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

So I hope it will be…
70a5585b357bbcd4b557c26e1076ac3d604281f9r1-500-281_hq

another great IP if so! :partying_face:

But I wonder what with datamined :hammer_and_wrench: since 2 months.

Hi @Loutre ! I’ve been away for quite some time, but all the same, I’d like to wish you a warm, if very belated, welcome to our community! :hugs:

Thank you and your team very much not only for the transparency, but also for the vast amount of improvements made! Raiding Epic CW, Power Promoting, and Hero Filters are a godsend, to say nothing of the Prize Wall, which helps F2Ps like myself gain access to Event Exclusive Heroes, that were usually locked behind Contests in the past

It’s good to hear that you and your team are doing well, even in spite of changes and being short staffed, since I can’t imagine it’s easy given the current circumstances :pensive:

Ooh, I wonder if this is a hint for more Hercules characters :eyes:

Pain and Panic, as well as the Fates are some characters I’m hoping will be here someday

Also

CINDERELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

lottie crying lottie cryinglottie crying

Or at least I hope this a hint that it’s Cinderella :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

I’m still hoping that she’s a Tank, rather than a Support :pray:

Ooh, she’s not a villain BUT, what if she’s the Sign In Hero for October??? :eyes:

What’s one of the most iconic plants in October?

Pumpkins.

What Disney character, besides Fairy Godmother, is associated with pumpkins?

C i n d e r e l l a

lumpy space princess oh my glob (adventure time)

Do note that this is just fun speculation on my part; please do not reply to this thread with spoilers.

I can’t wait to see what you and your team have planned for the future! Just thinking about it gets me super exicted :grin:

Again, thank you and your team for all that you do! :clap::clap::clap:

Have a wonderful day, @Loutre ! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Once AGAIN… she isn’t (won’t be) from a new IP.

Fairy Godmother ruined your dreams, ironic. :smirk:

Well, you know as they say, a dream is a wish that’ll come true as long as I keep believing, so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Can you confirm if the owl house is coming?

Obviously they can’t :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Well, this explains quite a bit, really. It does give me more hope for the future, even if things might remain slow and a little unsteady for a bit longer.

Those can be time savers, though frequently at a cost of efficiency; while I doubt Power Promote could easily be changed, I would like for Power Crafting to at least default to using our “Favorite” node for badge bits, so long as it didn’t increase the stamina cost to craft the badge. As much time as Power Promote can save, though, having the “Needed” badge broken in the upper right corner has cost far more time; I hope the team is close to getting that working properly again.

I was admittedly upset when that was first announced, thinking it was another exclusive slot that would keep a hero locked up for months; knowing now that it’s a 12-day way station to allow players to get plenty of chips for a hero before they’re moved to a different exclusive slot, though, I can now see that I was wrong then and that this is one of the better ideas implemented in the game over the past couple of years.

Interesting; I wonder if we’ll be seeing heroes moving between different exclusive slots, as has been suggested.

I know the complete refreshes are a lot of work, but when they’re successful (Queen of Hearts, Mad Madam Mim, Shank) they’re really worth it. I’d personally love to see one full refresh along with three new heroes every month, with two to four smaller stat-buff refreshes added every month or two as time allows.

Requiring a specific hero for a Trial Event honestly sounds too restrictive; unless you’re repeating the setup of the Fozzie trial and giving everyone access to max level/rank (but unmodded and undisked) heroes, it seems people who don’t have that specific hero leveled up will be excluded from those particular trials. Otherwise, this sounds very promising.

While doing this analysis, I hope the team can also keep in mind that some of the data might be skewed by people not participating in certain features of the game, due to the resource cost. (For example, while I have a fair amount of Disk Power saved up, that’s not a sign that I’ve found the supply of that resource to be plentiful; it’s a sign that I’m well aware how scarce it is and how it’s permanently gone once spent, so I want to be extremely certain it’s worthwhile to invest a large chunk of my savings to max out a disk.)

Um, I’m hoping that “expanding cosmetics in a new direction” doesn’t mean adding even more cosmetics, as I’ve already fallen so far behind that I despair of ever getting another costume. A “scavenger hunt system” sounds promising, though.

May I go ahead and say that I don’t think we need any further Hero Management QoL improvements after what’s being currently worked on? Just, y’know, getting my two cents in…

Thanks for the post, and I’m looking forward to the Q&A.

4 Likes

Yippie! Can’t wait to see who’s next!

2 Likes

just add Luca and I’m perfectly fine

For ips, I want characters from Pixar movies like bugs life, characters from classic disney movies like dumbo, and characters that people wanted like cars(which PB doesn’t confirm “yet”.)

2 Likes

Well there are still some heroes I would like to see come like Anna and Penny Forrester and I do wanna see if Wilbur from Meet the Robinsons comes in

Although saves time, the biggest problem still remains… the badges required are overly expensive. Would be nice if the free gems given by checkins and videos can scale a little better like the free stamania, though will say free stamania should be a little higher in scaling. The grind isn’t fun. I really would suggest going forward instead of requiring old badges to make new ones, just feature the top tier badges as the dropped ones for the new levels. If people having too much of one kind of a badge is your issue, my next suggestion be to add badges to guild help or maybe introduce a friendship shop where people on your friends list can exchange stuff too (this would promote interaction with other players- could bring more natural balance between whales and ftp players , yet still promoting whaling up since they can help guild and friends grow more too).

Also not having new guild perks more frequently isn’t fun either especially sitting on over a million contest guild perk points. Would be nice if can drop a four times and two times stamania consumable perks as new guild perks (would also add backpacks elite and normal) or even a double port perk (not just based on vip level), would help everyone especially of hero juice xps.

Again I say it’s hard to actually look at health of game if you don’t allow merges at anytime, since people do play multiple accounts to keep multiple guilds a float for amount that have left. Think you should allow merging as long as the player can switch between them, more often so you can have better realistic numbers to review.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @Loutre Hoping there will be some focus on expansion of Guild Perks in the plans too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Not really, not at all.

1 Like

I hope Anne and Sprig make it in the game one day :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Please :pray:t2: make something about the merger between s19 and s18

It already cost so much to level up each level cap !

Now you made us level up 10 level cap 3 times in a row !!
Would have been easier (to player i consent) to have an instant level up base on current level of hero
Then compensate s18 player thanks to your wonderful in game economy

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney