State of The Game

As before, this is not intended to take jabs at the developers, community manager, or the game itself. Nothing from here forward is intended to be malevolent in nature and only provide constructive criticism for the betterment of the game. I firmly believe that the developers put a lot of effort into making the game and deserve credit for doing so. That being said, here we go.

Arena and Colliseum
As stated before, stagnation has become a real problem. Certain leagues are filled with people that are of similar power levels and create a never ending rotating door so no one advances.

How To Improve
A weekly or biweekly mix up of leagues would certainly help prevent this stagnation and allow for fresh players to be swapped around. Additionally, a seasonal reset would allow for players to start from the bottom and race their way up, much like guild wars is at the moment.

Heist
As far as I’ve seen, they definitely listened to the community with gripes about adding a kick button for AFKs, but it does have other issues. Many complaints I hear mainly revolve around how long it takes to do, much like city watch.

How To Improve
Adding an additional feature for auto completions based on the level of difficulty completed would do wonders. It could literally mimic the feature city watch already has and just award the flat 200 coins and the appropriate amount of disk power/ perk points. Additionally, I’ve heard stories (I’ve never experienced it) of people abusimg the kick feature to invite friends and guild mates towards the completion of the heist, but I feel this has nothing to do with the devs and more the quality of people who would do this. Lastly, the issue of the thief robbing diamonds within the first ten seconds or so is still an ongoing issue from Heists implementation.

City Watch
Difficulty is based entirely off of your own power levels and this is proving to be difficult for a large number of people, myself included.

How To Improve
Many would argue this is all based on strategy. Ensuring a large number of heroes are switched out, filling gages to make sure you can eliminate the last waves with full bursts. However, this is another story entirely on hard mode. I find myself struggling as it turns into a crap-shoot on whether or not I’m able to complete it. This is entirely based around the line ups I face. If its a typical high end Arena Line-up, I’m in trouble very quickly. There needs to be a cap on power levels versus our own power levels.

Guild Wars
Frankly, these seem to be fine at the moment. Guilds who are higher power are rising to the top and guilds who are advancing guild perks for this event are certainly advancing as well.

How To Improve
My only suggestion here is to make legendary advancement feel a little more meaningful by continuing to give chest rewards. Other than that, I have nothing else.

Badge Drop Rates
Some are better than others. Some are ridiculously terribe in comparison.

How To Improve
I recently kept track of trying to complete obtaining a purple badge and spent 1500+ stamina to obtain it. I’m currently at 46/50 bits. None of the player base knows, myself included, what the actual bit drop rate is, but I know that its bad enough that it takes me 5 days of grinding to obtain one purple badge. That is not conducive for creating a less grindy game. The drop rates for purple and orange badges need to be increased. Especially when it requires drastic amounts to even badge up one hero.

Diamond Crates
I’ve beat this dead horse for quite some time, but blue badges seem to have a fairly high drop rate in these.

How To Improve
Blue badges either need to be removed from these or also include purple or orange bits so higher level players can make meaningful advancements. This is literally a determining factor for most people I know from buying deals is because they know that a large portion will end up being blue badges. Additionally as a side note, the buy ten deal would also attract a great deal more people if the hero provided was automatically one they didn’t have.

The 1.7 Patch Changes
Oh boy. Take a breath. Here comes the deep water. So this hot topic obviously has a very large portion of the community riled up and rightfully so. Its come to my attention that a small minority of players are really doing this. I’ve spoken with several people in higher positions (top 100) than myself and even some of them aren’t able to stockpile gold. I’m not accusing anyone at this point of lying and I’m sure the devs have far superior methods of seeing just how much stockpiling of gold is really going on, but the F2P players as well as any mid range spenders like myself are certainly going to suffer from this decision.

How To Improve
First off, I personally have some strong feelings on the recent 1.7 changes. I’ve spent more on this game than some triple A titles coming out and I’m nowhere near being on level ground with the whales on my server. For reference, I’m 432nd on my server. Thats enough to be automatically considered in a top ten guild for the most part. I am always in desperate need of gold. Always. I’ve never had a moment since I started playing that I didn’t 100% of the time, always need more gold. So now for the constuctive criticism bit. Please revert the changes. The damage with whales stockpiling gold is only made worse by offering deals for 80% more gold deals. Those of us who have been hit with the skill up cost increases are basically going to have our arms tied on advancing even slower than we were and that is definitely not good for any feelings of progression.

In Conclusion
This really is a great mobile game. I don’t want to see the player base evaporate over small problems that frustrates players and any time players get annoyed by grinding or repetitive gameplay, thats usually the case. That being said, if you are bored with gameplay, be aware of the Invasion Preview posted by Polaris in the strategy section.

11 Likes

Really good post and I agree with a lot of what you said there :-).

I am not sure if I have any extra suggestions in terms of Heist, but got to say that’s an interesting issue there. Not really something a player should do.

City Watch I think a level cap would be nice too, so that the enemy characters aren’t above your own level. That way Crowd Controllers and Debuffers can do their job as intended.

In terms of Guild Wars I have seen people wanting the match making system fixed so that guild with about equal power are matched together.
As it is guilds with very different powers can be matched up together and the lowest power side has no chance of winning the war.

The drop rates are a bit too low yeah, or at least they should scale with what team level we have, as then it feels like the drop rates and amount are adjusted to what level we are.

I agree in terms of Diamond Crates and blue badges, so hopefully that is one they fix soon. Or at least that after level 80 or so blue badges don’t appear in Diamond Crates anymore as then the player is at a point where they don’t really need blue badges anymore.

And yeah…, the 1.7 update definitely created an uproar in the community ;^^. Hope it will go fine in the end though :-).

Like you I think it is best that the gold increase for heroes are reversed, since I have seen so many people against it the long term health for the game will likely be really damaged otherwise if not act upon soon.

Wish it will go good in the end and no matter what looking forward to new characters and their stories :-).

1 Like

The second most popular oinion for afk heisters was a voting mechanism. All not afk players oculd vote to kick the players and it would solve the host afk problem as well. Majority rules I guess…

Interesting thoughts.

I like the thought of a league shake up for arena and colliseum. I don’t think a season reset is a good idea, because with the set up, it will create the same problem at an earlier point. Unless they drastically reduce promotion times.

Heist is difficult. An auto feature would be nice. Any person who puts on auto will have their characters automatically go to an empty gem, or search for the hideout.
A raid option would be nice, but I don’t see how it could be logically implemented.

City watch needs a free daily raid ticket attached to a VIP level. Instant fix. Yes, it’s still difficult for f2p, but it does give further incentive to pay.

War needs to get rid of ‘off-duty’ heroes. Guilds are increasing the car benefits and sizes, sabotaging doesn’t provide an equal benefit, off-duty heroes just puts a further disadvantage on attackers.

I can completely agree on the badges, but I also believe that the 1.7 problem would not have occurred if someone other shops were made to be gold instead of tokens. If badge bazaar and the memory shop were at excessively high cost gold, people would still buy them and perblue would not have had an ‘economy crisis’.

3 Likes

I like your ideas. All of those would definitely be improvements.

I really like this post and largely agree with it. City Watch does need to be taken down a little. As for the current hot-button issue of Patch 1.7, I think if there was a gold problem, it should have been adjusted gradually. They could have started by capping the number of times anyone could exchange diamonds for gold. They could stop or severely lessen the number of times gold is available in bundles or flash sales.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney