The Beginner's Guide to the City Creeps

This is a revamped version of the “Beginner’s Guide to the City Creeps”. The previous one was rushed and is very incomplete so I decided to make another new one, with pictures and more details. I’ll try to be as detailed as possible, so, as usual, feel free to leave any feedback regarding this.

The Guide after this will be a Challenges Guide, which will take ~4 weeks.

Anyways, let’s get on with the Guide.

In the case of two or more types of Creeps, i.e. Hunters, there’s always a description underneath it to differentiate the types.

Tanks
Brute

Brute

Official Description:

“A Brute Creep that does Normal Damage with its cricket bat. Immune to Normal Damage.”

The Brute is a Tank Creep whose distinguishable ability is its Normal Damage Immunity.

At White, they can still be damaged by Normal Damage; however, starting at Green, they are immune to Normal Damage.

Strengths

+Immune to Normal Damage

Weaknesses

-Vulnerable to Fantastic Damage

"How do I beat it?"

1. Use a Scare-Fantastic Combo

This is my only advice for you against Brutes, as they are only vulnerable to Fantastic Damage. Use a Scare-Fantastic Combo/Hero like Sulley & Boo or Jack Skellington.

Ghouls

Ghoul%20-%20Blue Ghoul%20-%20Purple

Left - Blue Ghoul; Right - Purple Ghoul

Official Description:

“A Clawed Creep that does Normal (Blue) / Fantastic (Purple) Damage. Becomes immune to all damage for a period of time.”

The Ghoul, unlike the Brute and the Skeleton, can be damaged by both Normal and Fantastic Damage. To make up for this, it can be immune for a short period of time.

Strengths

+Immunity Period

Weaknesses

-Low Armor and Reality

"How do I beat them?"

1. Time your Actives

Your Actives are the only element in the fight you can control, unless you’re in Auto, other than the fight itself, so timing those can be crucial, especially if a Ghoul is the only one left.

Single Target Actives, like Elastigirl’s, EVE’s, or Stitch’s will be useless if you activate them while the Ghoul is immune.

2. Crowd Controls

The Ghoul’s Trump Card is its Immunity. Prevent the Immunity, you’ll make quick work of them.

Disables that can help you with the Ghoul, in order which personally works best, are as follows:

1. Stun
  2. Silence
  3. Freeze
  4. Charm

Skeletons

Skeleton%20-%20Purple

Official Description:

“A Bony Creep that does Fantastic Damage with a sword. Immune to Fantastic Damage.”

The Skeleton is the Fantastic Counterpart of the Brute. Instead of dealing Normal Damage and being immune to it, the Skeleton deals Fantastic Damage and is immune to it.

Strengths

+Fantastic Damage Immunity

Weaknesses

-Vulnerable to Normal Damage

"How do I beat it?"

1. Use a Study-Normal Combo

Like I said in the “How do I beat it?” Segment of the Brute, this is the only advice I can give you, since they only have one weakness. A Hero perfect for this job would be Barbossa, Jack Sparrow, or Merida, but there are others who can do the job fairly.

Just make sure not to use Heroes who deal Fantastic Basic Attacks like Jack-Jack [Vi] and Mike Wazowski [Ja]. If either of them are left, especially if they are equipped with said Discs, and are battling a Skeleton, you will lose.

Damage
Automatic Turrets

Automatic%20Turrets

Official Description:

“Turret Creep that comes in groups of three and does Normal Damage with Ranged Attacks. Studies the closest enemy.”

Automatic Turrets are deadly, if they are put in a team of Normal Damagers, and they are harder to defeat as they come in trios.

Strengths

+Study
+Trios

Weaknesses

-Fragile

"How do I beat them?"

1. Use High-Armor Heroes

Automatic Turrets mainly deal Normal Damage, so using High-Armor Heroes like Baymax or Bo Peep can absorb the Damage dealt by the Turrets, giving your Heroes an opening to defeat them.

2. Use Multi-Damaging Attacks

Attacks that Damage Multiple Enemies like Tia Dalma’s Blue Skill and Active, Zurg’s Active, or Baymax’ Basic Attack can make quick work of Automatic Turrets.

Blobs

Blob%20-%20Blue Blob%20-%20Purple

Left - Blue Blob; Right - Purple Blob

Official Description:

“A Blob Creep that does Normal (Blue) / Fantastic (Purple) Splash Damage.”

The Blobs’ only distinguishable feature are their Splash Attacks that can take out backline Heroes.

Strengths

+Splash Attack

Weaknesses

-N/A

"How do I beat them?"

1. Use backline hitters

Try using backline hitters, i.e. Elastigirl [Va] or Elsa, they can make quick work of Mages.

Bugs

Bug%20-%20Blue Bug%20-%20Purple

Left - Blue Bug; Right - Purple Bug

Official Description:

“Creep Bug that does Normal (Blue) / Fantastic (Purple) Splash Damage and ignores Armor (Blue) / Reality (Purple).”

Bugs are the equivalent of Blobs but the only thing that differs is their (I’m not sure about this) ignorance of Armor, if Blue, or Reality, if Purple, of their targets. Basically a glorified True Damage.

Strengths

+Ignorance of Armor and Reality, a.k.a. True Damage

Weaknesses

-N/A

"How do I beat them?"

1. Use Heavy Hitters

I’m not sure about this but you can try using Heavy Hitters like Quorra [EV] or Beast [Su] as they can make quick work of Bugs.

2. Use Shields

Since they deal True Damage, the only thing that can help you are Shields. Invest in Shield Makers like Goofy [Mi] or Baymax [WA].

Cannon

Cannon

Official Description:

“A Cannon Creep that does Normal Ranged Damage.”

The Cannon is a Creep who can deal Medium Normal Damage. They can take out your Heroes if you’re not careful.

Strengths

+Medium Normal Damage

Weaknesses

-N/A

"How do I beat it?"

1. Use Heavy Hitters

I’m not sure about this but you can try using Heavy Hitters like Quorra [EV] or Beast [Su] as they can make quick work of Cannons.

Chomp Chest

Chomp%20Chest

Official Description:

“A Creep that can withdraw to take reduced damage and deals big Normal Damage afterwards.”

The Chomp Chest is a Tank-Damage Creep that can deal heavy damage. Take it out before it can wreck your team.

Strengths

+Heavy Normal Damage
+Mitigates Damage when Withdrawed (Closed)

Weaknesses

-N/A

"How do I beat it?"

1. Speed is of the essence

If your Heroes have low Armor, taking the Chomp Chests out is very essential for the team to survive. Use heavy/burst damage dealers like Quorra [EV] to defeat them quickly.

2. Use Armor-Related Heroes

Heroes like Baymax [WA] or Chief Bogo [Mr] can help you soak up some damage against Chomp Chests, creating openings to defeat them.

Hoverbots

Hoverbot%20-%20Blue Hoverbot%20-%20Purple

Left - Blue Hoverbot; Right - Purple Hoverbot

Official Description

“A fragile Bot that charges up to deal heavy Normal (Blue) / Fantastic (Purple) Damage from the backline.”

Hoverbots are not to be messed with. They can deal damage that can take out Shields fairly quickly.

Strengths

+Heavy Charge Shot Damage

Weaknesses

-Very Fragile

"How can I beat them?"

1. Speed is of the essence

Since Hoverbots take time to deal heavy damage, making them Glass Cannons, you need to act fast if you want to take as little damage as possible.

Mecharaptor

Mecharaptor%20-%20Blue Mecharaptor%20-%20Purple

Left - Blue Mecharaptor; Right - Purple Mecharaptor

Official Description:

“A Robot Dinosaur Creep that does Normal (Blue) / Fantastic (Purple) Damage. Explodes when KO’d, dealing Normal (Blue) / Fantastic (Purple) Damage in an area.”

This Creep is very special; it does not go down without a fight. A Mecharaptor will deal Normal Damage (Blue) or Fantastic Damage (Purple) once it has been defeated.

Strengths

+Final Breath Attack

Weaknesses

-N/A

"How to beat them?"

1. Armor and Reality

If you’re facing against a Blue Mecharaptor, use High-Armor Heroes like Chief Bogo [Mr] or Baymax [WA]. If you’re facing against a Purple Mecharaptor, use High-Reality Heroes like Sally [Ya] or Sulley & Boo [Wo]. This will soak up some damage dealt by the Mecharaptors.

Ninjas

Ninja%20-%20Blue Ninja%20-%20Purple

Left - Blue Ninja; Right - Purple Ninja

Official Description:

“Ninja Creep that does Normal (Blue) / Fantastic (Purple) Damage with its sword. Boosts team’s damage until defeated.”

The Ninja motivates his team to do more damage while it’s still alive. Defeat him to take out the boost.

Strengths

+Damage Boost

Weaknesses

-Low Damage Output

"How do I beat them?"

1. In and Out

Just use Heroes that can deal damage pretty fast so that you can take out the Ninja as this will take out the Damage Boost.

Purrickly Pears

Purrickly%20Pear%20-%20Blue Purrickly%20Pear%20-%20Purple

Left - Blue Purrickly Pear; Right - Purple Purrickly Pear

Official Description:

“A spiky Creep that does Normal (Blue) / Fantastic (Purple) Damage to all enemies when hit.”

Purrickly Pears, as cute as they sound, can be deadly, if not handled properly, as they follow the “eye for an eye” law.

They’re basically a discount Mecharaptor…

Strengths

+“Reflecting” Damage

Weaknesses

-Relies on Melee Attacks to deal Direct Damage to Heroes
-Friendly Fire
-Very Fragile

"How do I beat them?"

1. Use Ranged Attacks

The Purrickly Pears can be manipulated to make quick work of the Enemies. Deal damage to them, and they’ll damage Heroes, or Creeps, around them.

To avoid any complications, I advise you to try these:

• Ranged Attacks - they avoid direct contact on the Pears: Calhoun, Anger, Merida
  • “Siege” - they get rid of the Pears at start of the battle: Baymax, Quorra

Robot

Robot

Official Description:

“A Robot Turret Creep that does Normal Damage with its laser.”

The Robot can target multiple Enemies with its laser, becoming protected by his Backline Position.

Strengths

+Multi-target

Weaknesses

-N/A

"How do I beat it?"

1. Use backline hitters

Try using backline hitters, i.e. Elastigirl [Va] or Elsa, they can make quick work of Robots.

Support
Mages

Mage%20-%20Blue Mage%20-%20Purple

Left - Blue Mage; Right - Purple Mage

Official Description:

“A Mage Creep that specializes in Normal (Blue) / Fantastic (Purple) Ranged Attacks. Heals team until defeated.”

Mages are the only Support Role Creep. They are the main healers of the Creep Crew.

Strengths:

+Main Healers

Weaknesses:

-Low Damage Output

"How do I beat them?"

1. Inflicting Curse

Curse cuts all healing output by 50%, if you can Curse a mage, it can reduce its healing, making it more vulnerable to your attacks.

2. Use backline hitters

Try using backline hitters, i.e. Elastigirl [Va] or Elsa, they can make quick work of Mages.

Control
Coldsnappers

Coldsnapper

Official Description:

“An icy Creep that freezes enemies when attacking and when KO’d, dealing Fantastic Damage.”

Coldsnappers are fierce and deadly, if you are not careful, especially if your Heroes have low Tenacity and are prone to freezing.

Strengths

+Freezing when attacking + KO’d
+Fantastic Damage

Weaknesses

-N/A

"How do I beat them?"
  1. Use High-Tenacity Heroes

This is pretty self-explanatory, since all Disable Lengths, including Freezing, are affected by the Tenacity. So, use high-tenacity Heroes to easily brush off the Coldsnapper’s Freezing.

Hunters

Hunter%20-%20Control Hunter%20-%20Damage Hunter%20-%20Support Hunter%20-%20Tank

From left to right: Control (Yellow), Damage (Red), Support (Green), and Tank (Orange) Hunters

Official Description:

“A Creep spider that does Normal Damage and traps (Role) Heroes in a sticky web.”

The Hunters are very Role-specific, meaning they only target a certain Role.

If a Hero with a Role they target is present, they will Stun them using Ranged Webs from the backline, otherwise, they move to the frontline and use Melee Attacks.

Strengths:

+Multiple (and Annoying) Stuns

Weaknesses:

-Fragile
-Becomes vulnerable when they become Melee

"How do I beat them?"

1. Don’t use their targets

As much as possible, don’t use the Roles they Target, if it’s a Support Hunter, don’t use Support Heroes. That way, they become Melee and vulnerable.

2. Use backline hitters

Try using backline hitters, i.e. Elastigirl [Va] or Elsa, they can make quick work of Hunters.

Rapscallions

Rapscallion

Official Description:

"A stinky Creep that blinds and does Fantastic Damage over time to enemies when hit"

Rapscallions are what you think: Onions. They can make you and your Heroes cry but it can be avoided by taking precautions and careful attacking.

Strengths

+Blind
+Fantastic DoT

Weaknesses

-Uses melee attacks, which makes it vulnerable
-A bit fragile

"How do I beat it?"
  1. Use High-Reality Heroes

Rapscallions, as far as I know, only deal Fantastic Damage when hit. You can avoid this by using High-Reality Heroes such as Anger or Sulley & Boo.

1. Take them out quickly

As much as possible, try to eliminate the Rapscallions as fast as possible. Thid allows you to lessen the threat that is the Rapscallions.

Thief

Thief

Official Description:

“A sneaky Creep that leaps forward and Stuns its (her) enemies.”

The Thief debuted in the 1.2 Update, about a year ago. She is the main enemy in The Heist.

Strengths:

+Stuns
+(Stupid) High Tenacity
+Second Wind (healing)

Weaknesses:

-N/A

"How do I beat her?"

1. Make sure to land as many hits as you can on her.

This ensures that, even if she triggers her Second Wind, she won’t be able to recover. A good burst damager like Merida or Jack Sparrow will help with that.

2. If possible, try to inflict Curse on her

Like I said on #1, this ensures that she won’t recover even if her Second Wind triggers. Tia Dalma and Maleficent should help you with that, because they’re the (only) ones who can Curse.

3. Fight fire with fire

I don’t know if this works but the Thief has high Tenacity, even higher than Mr. Incredible, this makes her durable against Disables - Charm, Stun, Silence, Blind, Freeze. Try using a High Tenacity Hero like Goofy or someone who has a chance to avoid Stuns like Sulley & Boo [Ra]

4. Armor Shields

If it can’t be avoided, use Armor-increasing Shields, like Baymax [WA]. She only deals Normal Damage, which can be a problem if your Heroes keep getting Stunned.

20 Likes

For the ghouls, they have very low armor and reality

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll change it…

1 Like

For the blobs… same thing. They are very easy to defeat. I feel like this is the same for every creep…

For the backliners … you put mages. I can tell you copy and pasted

Does melee means fighting alone?

I guess it means not using projectiles. Swords, fists, whatever beats at the close range.

1 Like

You accidentally put Mages in the Robot tab.

1 Like

So helpful

Do we have confirmation that ninjas are damages? I always thought of them as supports.

A ninja… a support? Illogical

It says in the post that they do very little damage but buff others. You know what class perfectly matches that description?

1 Like

Thxs 4 the guide. :grin:

1 Like

I mean, they are Frontline, so making a Fronltine Support doesn’t make sense… but then again, there’s Rafiki.

EDIT #2:

• Added the Purrickly Pears. They can be found in the Damage Section.

Will you add bosses. What are the names of them all

If you’re talking about the Mama Bot, you can find how to beat her here.

EDIT #3:

• Added the Rapscallions. They can be found in the Control Section.
1 Like

… Those darn pears!

1 Like

EDIT #4:

• Added the Coldsnappers. They can be found in the Control Section.

• Arranged the Control Section Alphabetically.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney