The Predictor

Yep. I think PB would have to face the same issues Disney did to acquire the rights to Mary Poppins.

9 Likes

OK, I guess I could somewhat explain my method, but it’s quite longwinded and not all that scientific. I’ve been updating and adding bits to this thing for about a year and a half now for my own amusement and I’m only sharing it for fun.

So first off, I have a list of possible characters. I can’t include every Disney character ever created, but I’ve endeavored to include everything I can, from characters for every as-yet unincluded “Disney Animated Canon” movie and every other Disney movie and TV show I know enough about to know character names for (for major ones I don’t know a lot about, I do some research). There’s about 150 characters on the list at the minute.

A value is worked out for how “likely” a character seems based on several other factors, and these values are used to make a release order. There’s a number of releases (calculating when in any given month characters are most likely and keeping the overall rate of character releases to match the average over the past year), and a preliminary list is created. That list is then reordered to match trends seen in the past (villains at Halloween, characters from movies themed around a specific time of year, like Nightmare before Christmas, Coco or Frozen), but only by swapping characters with preliminary release dates within 3-4 months of each other.

As others have brought up, there’s really not a lot to base any predictions on, and the setup I have here is really not that much of a prediction, more a potential outcome, like one possible timeline. (I apologise for the misleading topic title). It’s just a bit of fun and I may have gone a little overboard in making it. I just thought it’d be fun to see how it compares

2 Likes

Ok, thanks, it was weird given the new movie with Emily Blunt

I want you to add Ron stoppable.

That’s a bit extreme, no?

11 Likes

I do like where you are going with this. I think this thread could be great! And if it keeps going and possibly gets popular. Then maybe you could keep adding on to the list. Anyways, I still think this thread is a great idea!

2 Likes

It’s called being complimentary between heroes in the game.

Only or maybe Shego is coming to Disney Heroes

What about ron stopable? He is from the main charthers in kim possible i am sure perblue could pair him with rufus

There’s no sight against to add them, so far. :slight_smile:

They’re pretty likely at this point, since Drakken came out…

3 Likes

Big Hero 6 and Kim Possible seems to have extra likeliness to have new heroes :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh yeah, thought I should mention before someone accuses me of necroposting or something, I do intend on coming back here whenever an update comes along to comment on how the “predictions” compare. Maybe at some point I’ll offer up an alternate list factoring in new data from announced characters (and removing those who’ve apparently been stated it to be happening…)

It’s not necroposting since you’re the one who created the topic.

I mean if The OP revives thread adding nothing to conversation then its necroposting
:grin:

3 Likes

Ah… Ok then.

OK so the first update since the Predictor put out this list, and it’s a character who’s not on the list. Not off to a great start, sure, but let’s see how things go from here…

Incidentally, if anyone wants to see an updated list, factoring in Fairy Godmother’s announcement and statements about Lightning McQueen and Mary Poppins, let me know!

I want to seeing statements

What do you mean you want to “seeing statements?” :confused:

Check the comment above my comment and you will understand

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney