Turning Red & Lightyear

Well, since this a prequel. It will probably have Zurg in his first prominant role since Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.

And since Buzz is changing voice actor. So, should Zurg. I bet my money on Giancarlo Esposito.

You realize that the Buzz Lightyear we are talking about is a person right? It would not make sense to have a Zurg per say.

Yeah it would, if we are talkin’ about an origin story. Then Buzz and Zurg have to cross paths at some point.

None I’m starting to wonder if you actually looked into what it is about. It’s not an origin story as of now. Please stop spreading false information.

Wait. In Toy Story 2, Zurg tells Buzz “I am your father” and Buzz says “noooooo,” I know it’s a reference to Star Wars but what if this is actually true. Idk if it’s actually true bc I don’t go full Film Theory into movies.

Of course i’ve looked at it. It the origin story of how Buzz became a Space Ranger in the first place. So the chances of his first showdown with Zurg is a 50/50 shot.

But where could Zurg come into it? The movie is about an actual person so an evil robot is unlikely.

1 Like

Zurg is the evil emperor of Planet Z (probably subjected to change) and the sworn enemy of the galactic alliance.

Your probably right, evil robot overlords would be a little cliche. Zurg would be more of a Darth Vader parody.

It would be kind of genius if they made another Star Wars reference with Zurg and Buzz,but since robots probably wouldn’t make any sense, the reference wouldn’t work,

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, anyone?

2 Likes

But enough about Lightyear. I think Turning Red sounds interesting.

It’s about a red panda, nothing can get more interesting than that.

Challenge accepted

R2, I have a bad feeling about this

Here’s the plot of the story I found on The Disney Wiki:

A young girl’s devotion to a boy band who uncontrollably poofs into a giant red panda.[1]

In “Turning Red”, Mei Lee is a confident, dorky thirteen-year-old torn between staying her mother’s dutiful daughter and the chaos of adolescence. And as if changes to her interests, relationships, and body weren’t enough, whenever she gets too excited (which for a teenager is practically ALWAYS), she “poofs” into a giant red panda! “Turning Red” is directed by Academy Award-winner Domee Shi (Pixar short BAO), produced by Lindsey Collins and coming to theaters in Spring, 2022.[2]

This is sort of stereotypical.

The movie coming out before Turning Red is Luca, and the one coming out after Turning Red is Lightyear

1 Like

Wow I just noticed that…

Yeah. It’s probably the only thing that’s annoying me :confused:

I’m sorry about that.

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney