Turning Red & Lightyear

No it’s not your fault. I’ve seen the synopsis before.

Well, here’s the one for Lightyear:

“Lightyear” is a sci-fi action-adventure and the definitive origin story of Buzz Lightyear (voice of Chris Evans)—the hero who inspired the toy. The film reveals how a young test pilot became the Space Ranger that we all know him to be today. “Lightyear” is directed by Angus MacLane, produced by Galyn Susman, and opens in theaters in Summer 2022.

As @XxDarkNightxX pointed out, the teaser trailer for Lightyear dropped today.

1 Like

l liked the trailer!

I’m not entirely sold on Turning Red. That bean-mouth art style needs to just go away and die already.

:roll_eyes:

Stop caring about art styles and worry about how the story will go

3 Likes

Art style is incredibly important to animation. Look no further than the hordes of people who, to this day, still scream bloody murder over the art style of things like Aeon Flux or Ping Pong The Animation. But at least those 2 examples are unique and not oversaturated to the point of being conceptually disgusting.

Yeah, animation

Not the plot

Who cares? I sure don’t. So Pixar is looking to try something a little different. That dosen’t make it bad. It’s more cartoony than Pixar’s usual art style.

They already played with this style in Luca. It was already unwelcome there.

Says who? (10)

Says anyone who’s older than 10 years old and is sick and tired of the same tired, boring, unimaginative art style permeating everything.

Even regular TV cartoons are getting sick of it, as demonstrated here:

Gravity Falls only gets a pass because it was one of the very first to go with it. And then the style persisted. For a decade. This blight needed to be stopped.

I hate Luca for other reasons… a very lazy and boring plot and the antagonist. Luca is just Ariel… but much less rememberable.

We had this discussion last time, and many times, the art and animation evolves. Is just like nagging old movies and series to use hand-drawn style animation.

You said KP’s series was bad… but you (kinda) like it now, at least that was what you said. :woman_shrugging:

Well, the only thing I ever said that was outright and objectively bad about Kim Possible was the main character’s super cringy catchphases (“What’s the sitch?” and “No big,” and such).

The actual art style of the show isn’t bad–it’s quite expressive and imaginative, with my only complaint being Ron’s ears being a bit too long–but it looks more like a Cartoon Network show than a Disney cartoon and thus feels out-of-place in Disney Heroes.

Isn’t a word.

It’s okay, you tried

Of course, memorable is more accurate, but yeah, you get my point

3 Likes

Now if only spelling was my strong suit

3 Likes

I was just wondering about the Lightyear movie… will the little green men make an appearance? Will Emperor Zurg be the main villain? :thinking:

1 Like

I agree with that. Personally I really like the very cartoony style of Luca and Turning Red, as well as the hyper realistic style of Lightyear. This is precisely what I love with Pixar, their ability to take us in many different worlds and do very different animation styles but it always looks gorgeous (WDAS too but they keep the same style especially for character designs)

The thing is that Luca is CGI animation. This is why it is imaginative : because the movie tries to translate these very 2D-specific shapes (mouths, water) into CGI. This is where its originality lies in my opinion. And I think this 2D feel perfectly serves the light-hearted story and the summer vacation mood

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney