Unfinished Friendship Campaigns!

@Sick_Muse It’s my pleasure, especially since I was excited to see the interacts myself and splurged on them specifically for it. Still a shame it was patched in unfinished, all of them… :frowning:

Hoping for it to be completed soon.

3 Likes

I think now their offices are closed for sure (its midnight here, but I forget about time zones), but hopefully we get something tomorrow, even if its acknowledgement from @Polaris or another.

Well, both your thread and mine were up at an early time today.

That is true. I can’t remember when the date was that support or PerBlue would be on holiday till, otherwise I’d say something more confident on “oh they’ll see it once they’re back” but I don’t know when that would be to begin with…

I genuinely enjoy playing this game, but the meat of it is seeing character interactions. And I don’t usually make big posts about game issues unless I feel it’s critical to my overall experience and/or the experience of others including myself.

Last post like this I had made was about Red Skills in servers earlier than intended, and only for enemy AI.

3 Likes

Giving a bump in case my first tag to @Polaris did not register before.

I checked with the team and the Friend Campaigns are complete and finished. We have an incredible amount of text in the game, and with each new hero, more friendships. Starting with this batch of heroes, there is going to be one description for the whole episode, rather than a description for every node within the episode. They were very happy to hear that you were missing the story, but there are some creative and technical limits that have forced us to make this change.

9 Likes

@Polaris I understand technical limitations, and I greatly appreciate the time you took to reply and confirm what has been changed so that we are made aware :slight_smile: I will indeed miss the story interactions but am very thankful for what they have included up until this point for past heroes.

I send them my gratitude and thank you again for replying!

4 Likes

If there limitations like this, it makes me worry about the future of the game. Having to make this change and saying there’s a lot of text already makes it seem like we’re approaching an upper limit of heroes that can be added going forth.

No, it’s nothing to worry about! We’ve got a full list of heroes on the roster for 2020, and there isn’t a limit to how many we can add.

8 Likes

@Polaris You might be a mind reader because that was my first concern over the limit! :laughing:

Also, now that I’m playing through the Rapunzel and Jasmine Friendship Campaign, I am glad to still see the special interactions at the end of every episode.

There’s always so much charm in this game’s storytelling, and I would rather less text than less characters personally; more heroes and villains only enrich the world we’re viewing :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

EHEEEEEM…

KIM. ANNA. BELLE. And I bet few more.

And…? Game content itself wasn’t update from loooooooooong time, just look at heist.
Invasion, CW… like every mode needs some or more changes.
And nothing new after invasion which was added quite long time ago wasn’t added.

And new heroes, woah, more broken OP which make older ones useless, same heroes which people spend money before, and people are forced AGAIN to spend to actually have the fun and do something.

Now friendships won’t be even fun, for some people last fun thing in the game. But yes, new heroes = $ for…

4 Likes

Shouldn’t this be in a Patch notes?. We aren’t Madame Mim or Merlin to already guess this by default.

This includes translate the now low quality friendship text?

2 Likes

Happy? Happy?!

Yes, it should have been in the patch notes, and I’m sorry there was this oversight.

The writing team takes great pride in their work, and they put a lot into writing the stories. They were happy to hear the players love the story so much!

8 Likes

So the Timon/Pumbaa and Stitch friendship is the same? Because none of the mission updates have text. I sent in a ticket about this months ago and was thinking it would be fixed.

Oh well. At least the game is still pretty fun.

@Polaris not sure how to feel that you cut down THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE YOU HAVE TO OFFER TO THE MOBILE GAME MARKET. You used to be proud of this feature that you posted MANY TIMES about this.

But now i don’t know if the next thing we love it will receive the guillotine because “administrative decision” again.

3 Likes

They really do an amazing job, it keeps me glued to the screen to see what happens next!

2 Likes

The clue is in the Aladdin one - “friendship is power!”

The majority of heavy spenders probably don’t care about the story content, they just want to be on top and the friendships are one path to get there. They probably skip through all the dialogue.

Developing story content for them is a waste of PB time that could be spent on more lucrative things.

It’s a shame that we see once again what really matters… in the end will we just be paying dollars to gain points on an Excel spreadsheet :thinking:

6 Likes

Because lines of text are totally hard to come up.

I’m sad to see this, because those stories are the differentiator that made me want to choose to play this game, rather than other similar games. It was the same with DS before it, the wacky interactions and sense of humor were the selling point that got me to begin playing and getting emotionally (and financially) invested. In short, the writing team is the whole reason I’m here.

If there is a way to overcome those limits, and add text to each stage of those friendships affected after the fact, it would be much appreciated.

Is there a repository online somewhere, for the stories in the friendship campaigns? I know the dialogue at the end of each chapter is noted on the wall for each friendship, but not for the individual stages. I know it was something that was asked for in the live chats a month or two ago.

3 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney