Update 1.10.4 Patch Notes

I think there are many reasons for why people feel the level cap raising is going too fast, but I can say that I am a player that play in my own pace for the most part :-).

While there is the competitive aspect of wanting to be the best, but I would say another big reasons for some is that their main team doesn’t work that well if they are fighting people/characters over their own level like crowd control focused characters.

My own team right now is pretty level dependent and as such I can only really attack those who are a level under me or the same level as me. I could for the most part follow the level cap when the level requirement was 10 000 EXP, but after it got raised to 15 000 EXP per level I haven’t been able to keep pace with the updates.
I just a few days ago got to level 115 and the server I am get a level raise to 125 today.

While I am not a person who really get mad about the level cap raise pace in that sense, it does hurt my play and progress as I am not as able to gain the resources I need in some cases like City Watch if I am unlucky due encountering a level 120/125 team and get stuck.

I think the pace of the level cap update would be fairer if the Team EXP requirement to level up was 10 000 EXP instead of 15 000 EXP, as the pace itself I am fine with it us more so the Team EXP amount that should be lowered and would likely help a lot and balance things out.

But yeah, I hope this help a bit and hope you don’t mind me explaining this side of it to you :-).

5 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out. I argue with peace. I try to understand what i don’t but people here are so aggressive (i guess ”stupid” is the only word in their dictionary).

I don’t believe a single person responding to your comment has used the word ‘stupid’.

The complaint is not so much about the progress (or lack thereof) of the individual player. As you said, each player can progress at a rate that they choose, depending on how much time / money they are willing to use.

The complaint is that this rate of increase furthers the gap between the top, middle & bottom tiers of player.

The top tier will spend money, by their choice, and therefore always be at or approaching the ‘maxed out’ status we all strive for - no matter the rate of cap increase.

The middle tier will spend a little, and in the past have usually been able to catch up aty least 25-30 heroes, enough to compete in all game modes, by the time the new cap raise comes around. For the last couple of updates, this has not been the case.

The lower tier will not spend, or will spend very little, and while not really aiming to reach the higher echelons with the top ranked players, would like to be able to at least compete in a guild of their choosing, and have a fair shot at all types of game mode without feeling hopeless.

What’s happening is that the top remain at the top - but the middle and lower tiers are dropping off at an alarming rate. The level of time & spend required to maintain even a strong coliseum team, has drastically increased over the game’s lifetime.

My guild is rank 2 on my server and we have a large number of our players considering either quitting or dropping to a lower guild, because they simply can’t keep up and be competitive in the various modes to help the guild out. It’s gotten to the point where we don’t even try in our wars against the rank 1 guild, because they are so far ahead in power that it’s just not enjoyable and amounts to banging our head, or heroes, against a wall. Fortunately (despite being rank 2) we aren’t a ‘power’ guild, so really couldn’t care less about our member’s power - but to say “But no one really forces them to play in a top guild” is an unsatisfactory argument. I rather like my guild, thank you very much, and will not be ‘forced’ to change guild because the level cap advances too quickly for my monetary contribution.

This is exactly the kind of mindset that people are under the impression that PerBlue has, and is exactly why they are complaining…

I also sympathise with PB on this, as it is surely a tricky task balancing the needs of the spenders who reach the cap very quickly, and the rest of us who barely hit it before it goes up again. If they give everyone enough time to catch up - then the monetary input from the spenders is hugely devalued - but if they don’t, most of us get frustrated & the spenders have no competition to battle against.

My opinion is that just a couple more weeks each time would be ideal. To not even be able to promote a full coliseum team to the new rank each time is a little ridiculous. Potentially the change in stamina cost will assist in this, we’ll see.

Again, this completely contradicts the rest of what you’re trying to say. Those who get ‘max’ immediately after the update are those who DO spend their time & money (lots of it). And yes, I suspect they do get a little bored. Why is that? Because of lack of competition!

That is not what most players are trying to achieve. To be strong enough to be competitive & have fun in all game modes does not mean having every hero maxed out. If I had, say, 20 heroes at the maximum rank - O6 - does that mean there is nothing left for me to do? Of course not! That isn’t even enough heroes, really, to participate properly in Heist and Guild War, so I’ll need at least a few more for that, then there’s collections which require a wide range, then there’s new heroes being released who’ll be stronger than the last who I’ll need to work on too and… it just snowballs. There is PLENTY still left to do from that stage, and I’m saying that it would be satisfactory, and (whispers…) fun?!

Sadly, I don’t have 20 heroes at O6. I have 7. The previous cap raise, I had 12 O5. Before that, I had 20 O4. See the trend that’s happening?

People complain because their rosters are depleted in strength each cap raise, pulling them further & further down the rankings and into the realms of not being able to compete as they could previously. The upper echelons don’t have this problem, so the gap in power & ability to compete just gets wider, and isn’t much fun.

8 Likes

@Polaris Apple is ready to go! Two updates in a row!

Don’t hit the update button before they say the update is complete, otherwise you’ll be locked out of the game until they do!

1 Like

What a rediculous comment. Plenty of people finish every daily quest and use all stamina and cant keep up without spending

2 Likes

I agree some people posting about the fast cap level increase, lately I feel I cant reach cap level… I just reached lv100 yesterday and now each lvl needs 11000exp instead of 10000exp… I think I’ve been 20 lvls from cap level since I was level 80… Or even before

Through the mailbox I am guessing

@Vincent_IV I completely agree with what you are saying here

FYI the team XP requirements are increased by 1,000 after level 100

@DA_JUNKY, @Polaris is on vacation for the week. @Elliot will take his place for now I hear

1 Like

Erm when are the servers updating

Whenever google releases the game update to their stores

This is kind of awkward without Polaris lol

Please @Polaris, in wake of the new Aladdin movie consider this unique concept!

I know right

I Can’t wait when it’s Update and of course anger. Bo peep. And duck and bunny is here in that game.

Google Play is ready

Server Update confirmed for 11:00 CT

When is that in eastern time?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney