Update 1.10.4 Patch Notes

Disney Heroes: Battle Mode Update 1.10.4

Welcome to the Disney Heroes: Battle Mode 1.10.4 Update! Welcome all-new heroes Bo Peep and Ducky & Bunny from Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story 4! And don’t mind us getting a little emotional that Anger from Inside Out is also here!

In this update, we’ve reduced stamina costs for older chapters on all servers that have a new chapter being released. When a new chapter is added to a server, the stamina cost for the next 3 newest will be decreased, and everything older than that will cost 6. This will also change the cost for Elite and Friend campaign levels. Dynamic Stamina costs will give players who are feeling behind a little boost, making their stamina spending more rewarding.

We’ve received some good feedback from players asking for more quality-of-life improvements, and we’ve added more of those requests in our recent releases. In 1.10.2 we added new guild perks, levels for Trials/Ports, and adjusted Guild War matchmaking to be less repetitive.

Going forward we have more plans in place to improve overall quality of life and play. In the near term (i.e. currently slated for 1.11), we plan to add:

• Guild perks for Heist and Invasion, as well as more raids for Creep Surge.
  • A way to “quick fight” Friend Campaigns that will be accessible to all players (no VIP requirement).
  • Guild Contests, which are like individual contests, but all rewards are based on the guild’s collective score.
    • These contests will also offer ways to unlock even more guild perks and earn cosmetic rewards like new Guild Emblems.

A little further out, we have:

• An update to the Arena/Coliseum progression, where the Challenger tier will turn into a monthly tournament for top ranks and rewards.
    • We know the promotion timers in Arena and Coliseum can be a source of frustration for players. Tiers below Challenger will become easier to promote up from, with the aim of getting more folks into Challenger to compete in the monthly tournament.
  • A new Guild Shop where more powerful players can help players whose heroes are further behind catch up in both XP and skill level.
    • Basically, players with extra gold and XP can use it to level up the heroes of players in their Guild who have less.
  • Plans for our first server merges. We have a couple smaller servers that would benefit from combining forces to form a single larger server with more social activity.
    • We’ll make sure to announce merger plan well in advance so players and guilds can prepare.

We have other feature plans in the mix as well, not to mention a regular supply of awesome new heroes. It’s always tricky sharing future plans, since things often evolve and change. So please note that not everything will launch exactly as described above. But we’ll do our best!

Overview

• New! Heroes Bo Peep and Ducky & Bunny from Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story 4!
  • New! Hero Anger from Inside Out!
  • Duke Caboom gets buffed Memory Disk!
  • More Quality of Life Improvements

Bo Peep

dialogue_bo_peep
Bo Peep is a front-line “Tank” hero. Bo Peep will be available in Diamond Crates on all servers!

Skills

Deflection Spin

Bo Peep spins her staff while walking forward until she runs out of energy, blocking all projectiles from passing her while dealing damage and knocking back enemies in her path.

Billy, Goat, and Gruff

Bo Peep calls in Billy, Goat, and Gruff to headbutt the closest enemy, dealing damage, blinding them, and knocking them back.

Field Training

Bo Peep dodges a melee attack and counter attacks, dealing damage. Bo Peep can dodge a melee attack once every X seconds.

Projectile Wrangler

Bo Beep uses her staff to block a ranged attack once every X projectile targeted at her.

Friendships

• Bo Peep & Woody

Ducky & Bunny

Ducky & Bunny are a front-line “Damage” pair. Ducky & Bunny together will be the Sign-In Hero for July.

Skills

ducky_and_bunny-skill1
Carney Clash

Bunny pulls out an inflatable hammer and thumps the closest enemies, dealing damage to each of them.

Plush Rush

Bunny swings Ducky at enemies, dealing damage with a kick.

ducky_and_bunny-skill3
Laser Eyes

Bunny unleashes his eye lasers, dealing damage to all enemies in front of them.

Extra Fluffy

Ducky and Bunny gain HP every time they deal damage to an enemy.

Friendships

• Ducky & Bunny & Merlin

Anger

dialogue_anger

Anger is a mid-line “Damage” hero. Anger will be available in the Elite Campaign on Servers 1-13!

Skills

Boil Over

Passive: Anger gets a stack of “Rage” every time he performs a basic attack.

Active: Anger blows his top and consumes his stacks of “Rage”, dealing damage instantly and over time per stack of “Rage” to all enemies.

Rage Against

Anger is immune to disables and gains one stack of “Rage” every time he blocks a disable.

Fired Up

Anger riles up his allies, increasing their attack speed for a duration.

Berserk

Anger gains basic damage for every stack of “Rage” he has.

Friendships

• Anger & Hades
  • Anger & Emperor Zurg

Stamina Cost Changes

In an effort to help you get your new heroes caught up more quickly, starting with this release, whenever a new chapter is introduced to your server each previous chapter will have its stamina cost reduced!

For example, if the current campaign chapter costs are the following…

• Chapter 18 = 12 stamina
  • Chapter 17 = 12 stamina
  • Chapter 16 = 10 stamina

When the new chapter is released, the previous chapter costs will be reduced…

• (new) Chapter 19 = 12 stamina
  • Chapter 18 = 10 stamina
  • Chapter 17 = 10 stamina
  • Chapter 16 = 8 stamina

The only instance where this won’t occur is when the cost of the new chapter is increased from the previous chapter…

• (new) Chapter 19 = 14 stamina
  • Chapter 18 = 12 stamina
  • Chapter 17 = 10 stamina
  • Chapter 16 = 8 stamina

Duke Caboom “Badge of Bravery” Memory Disk Buff!

On Thursday June 20th, Duke Caboom got a rad buff to his Memory Disk with Woody: Badge of Bravery!

• The new Disk stats give Duke Caboom more Armor and Max HP.
  • In addition, Duke’s ability to heal his allies are 10% better at 5-Stars, for a total of 50% healing of his Max HP
  • We’re making these changes because even though Duke Caboom is a new hero, his second disk with Kim Possible is not going to be available in the near future

Other Improvements

• New Disney Emoji for Bo Peep will be given out to all players!
  • There’s now an easy way to level up heroes – introducing the Hero Level Up Buttons!
    • The buttons consume XP Potions to boost your Hero’s level by magnitudes of +1, +5, or +10 with a single tap!
  • We’ve added a Collections Daily Quest.
    • Gain 5 mastery points during the day to claim XP Potions, Gold, and Guild Influence.
  • More levels for the Port and Trials!
    • Port will now go up to Team Level 120
    • Trials will now go up to Team Level 110
  • Guild War will now be available on Servers 19 and 20!

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where initial contest rankings always displayed the player’s rank as #2. The initial displayed rank will now be “N/A”.
  • Fixed an issue where, on some devices, not all contest buttons were displayed.
  • Fixed an issue in Heist where the “online” indicator was sometimes still displaying after having kicked a player from the session.

New Hero Locations and Content Adjustments

Heroes will not appear in Shops until they refresh.

Servers 1-8 Update

• Team Level Cap increased from 120 to 125
  • Heroes can now be promoted to Orange +7 rank
  • Chapter 19: “A Pirate’s Life For Me” is now available
    • Elite Campaign features: Duke Caboom, Anger, and The Genie

New Heroes

• Bo Peep will only be available in the Diamond Crate
  • Anger will be available in the Chapter 19 Elite Campaign

Existing Heroes

• Duke Caboom will be available in the Chapter 19 Elite Campaign

Server 9-12 Update

New Heroes

• Anger will be available in the Chapter 18 Elite Campaign

Existing Heroes

• Duke Caboom will be available in the Chapter 15 and 18 Elite Campaign

Server 13

New Heroes

• Anger will be available in the Chapter 16 Elite Campaign

Existing Heroes

• Robin Hood will be available in the Chapter 16 Elite Campaign

Server 14

New Heroes

• Merlin will be available in the Chapter 14 Elite Campaign

Existing Heroes

• Gaston will be available in the Chapter 5 Elite Campaign

Server 15

New Heroes

• Hercules will be available in the Chapter 14 Elite Campaign

Existing Heroes

• Robin Hood will be available in the Chapter 13 and 14 Elite Campaign

Server 16

New Heroes

• Scar will be available in the Chapter 6, 7 and 13 Elite Campaign

Existing Heroes

• Maleficent will be available in the Chapter 4 and 5 Elite Campaign

Server 17

• Team Level Cap increased from 90 to 95
  • Heroes can now be promoted to Orange +1 rank
  • Chapter 13: “Bottom Line” is now available
    • Elite Campaign features: Ursula, Robin Hood, and Emperor Zurg

New Heroes

• Robin Hood will be available in the Chapter 13 Elite Campaign

Existing Heroes

• Ursula will be available in the Chapter 13 Elite Campaign

Server 18

• New! Guild level 3 available!

New Heroes

• Miguel will be available in the Chapter 8, 9, and 10 Elite Campaign

Existing Heroes

• Hades will be available in the Chapter 6 and 7 Elite Campaign

Server 19

• New! Guild War available!
  • Team Level Cap increased from 60 to 70
  • Heroes can now be promoted to Purple +1 rank
  • Chapter 8: “Stage Line” is now available
    • Elite Campaign features: Yax, Fix-It Felix, Jr., Ralph, Dash, and Finnick

New Heroes

• Tia Dalma will be available in the the War Shop

Existing Heroes

• Rex will be available in the War Shop

Server 20

• New! Guild War available!

New Heroes

• Duke Caboom will be available in the Chapter 12 Elite Campaign

Existing Heroes

• Quorra, Kevin Flynn, and Scar will be available in the War Shop
61 Likes

Amazing update PB :+1:

20 Likes

We plan to release this update on Tuesday, June 25.

37 Likes

After watching Toy Story 4, I’m really excited for Bo and Ducky and Bunny!

24 Likes

Where will goofy be available after he leaves sign in?

26 Likes

We’ll have another post with the July Sign-In information next week!

23 Likes

before this topic gets a ton of hate, i want to say thank you to Polaris and Perblue for listening to what the fanbase has to say. i see small improvements made here that have been mentioned on the forums. I hope server mergers put a small refresh into the game and am excited for the future plans. Thank you, P.

41 Likes

Awesome update there.

(And I definitely agree with the concept of previous chapters’ campaign stamina being decreased as new chapters come in. Along with Elite and Friend Campaigns as well. It’s proven to be efficient.)

19 Likes

Simple, yet cool! Thanks fir the new heroes! Hyped for Toy Story 4!

12 Likes

But all servers have ducky & bunny to sign in?

8 Likes

NOW! Another cap rise, just after 4 weeks? Mental.

At least whole thing else is covered in sweet sweet package; new perks, heroes, stamina reduce and finally new emoji (but why just 1?).

Future plans sounds great but I hope there won’t be again reduction of rewards because then it’s pointless.

41 Likes

Hell Yeah!! Amaziing update PB y’all really knocked it out of the park!!

12 Likes

This looks a great update! Cap raise too soon, as per usual, but aside that I’m really looking forward to it. Changes to campaign stamina cost will help a huge amount with the grind & hopefully help bring more people up to a competitive status :slight_smile:

The future plans sound promising, too. I must admit I am a little concerned about the idea of a Guild Shop - players have asked for it before, yes, but the more experienced among us have usually considered it a big no-no since it could have the potential to completely disrupt the economy, and also worsen the issue of players being funneled into the top few guilds leaving the rest stranded. I hope that the implementation will consider these potential problems :slight_smile:

Please include in these plans a backup of a backup of a backup of a backup :wink: while I think this is a good idea (on S3 our top 3 guilds all have around 10 inactive accounts in them…) the potential for catastrophe seems high, considering it was often dismissed in the past for being technically unachieveable.

I won’t comment on the new heroes, since I won’t get to try them for months - also by now it’s pretty much guaranteed that they’ll be the new must-have meta heroes to compete :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: yes I will - Am I correct it surmising that while Bo Peep’s white skill is active, the entire team will be immune to all incoming damage? :fearful: that seems a little too strong.

Overall a great update with some unexpected pluses :smiley:

19 Likes

This is an amazing update and the future plans have me very hyped!
We know things change but it’s great knowing what’s in the cards, for eg. Server Merging - I and many dedicated players don’t mind holding out but to hear there will be one at some point is very reassuring.

Another great job team PB!

13 Likes

Way too soon, even by this game’s standards.

17 Likes

Awesome update!

11 Likes

Anger is now ready to go berserk!
tenor%20(13)

48 Likes

I spend like 40 bucks a week and that typically buys me at least two weeks of having the heroes that I like maxed out and usable, now here’s the update and I’m almost there but not quite there. If you have to spend more than $50 a week to barely keep up with the rate of updates, that’s a little excessive.

29 Likes

Yus!! Fiinally Bo Peep!!

My ships of Woody and Bo Peep and Buzz and Jessie are now complete! :grin:

sounds luke you have quite the plans for QoL improvements.

Only question for me: How did Anger get out of Riley’s mind? :thinking:

Thanks for this update @Polaris

18 Likes

Can your game developers stop with this cap increase? It was literally 28 days since the last cap increase. Way too short compare the usual cap increase gap.

43 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney