Update 1.8.B Patch Notes

Thank you @Polaris this explains why we’re not getting updates. Just a suggestion for the future, include this or a even streamlined version the next time there’s a similar situation.

@Polaris. That is a better explanation and would have been very helpful had PB been upfront about this in the patch notes. This is the transparency we desire.

While many will still be unhappy at the delay, it would certainly be worthwhile to put out an estimated timeframe for us to get back on schedule. Many are also very serious that War needs to be overhauled.

In the meantime, might I suggest a new toon, exclusive to just Servers 1, 2, and 4 to make us all feel better?

9 Likes

@Polaris, 6 star hero’s for S16? Is this a mistake?

Yes, that is intended. 6th Star automatically unlocks when a server reaches team level 80.

Thanks for informing us about all this, even if it was late. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification on the part of the lack of update for S2-4. I have to ask then, why are these servers interconnected in such a manner? My understanding is that by having these seperate servers we are disconnected from other players except for the ones on that selected server. Can we infer then that S2, 3 and 4 are all interconnected with some boundaries to limit the cross server interaction? Then if that were the case why can you select only 3 for Invasion but not have the same selectivity with Servers 2 and 4 to give them the 110 O4 cap increase?

I will admit that a lot of the technical aspects of multi server games is lost on me, so I apologize for my ignorance on the subject and also apologize if anything within my questions seems “stupid” or something that is common sense for those who work in that field.

3 Likes

@LadyRasta28 …you are a little too angry about this. There are far more important things in life. Thanks for the update @Polaris . I’ll happily take more time to bank resources.

Rofl 1 and 3 have invasion 2 and 4 maybe not but they claim that they have enough players server isnt dying so that’s the point I’m making but again people make it about 1 to 4

No questions are stupid questions! We opened a lot of servers all at the same time at launch, and it’s been easy to keep them all on the same release schedule since then. There’s a lot of reasons why we keep the servers grouped together, but here’s a couple big ones. First, if we have servers clumped together, that’s fewer things we have to configure for hero changes and team level updates. If we have to configure each server separately, that opens things up to more errors, and makes the patch notes longer (they’re already a novella!). The severs are separate instances, but they have the same content. 2-4 is in their own bucket now, but not off by much.

Second, having severs on the same schedule helps us with data analysis. We have a handful of people who spend all day long gleefully digging through the data and creating useful graphs and reports. It’s helpful to them if we have a group of servers on the same release schedule, so they can compare apples to apples when looking at the data.

5 Likes

Wonder what the data tells them about server 12

@Polaris. So what about new, exclusive toons for servers 1, 2, and 4…you know, for our pain and suffering?

Fred (small tribute to Stan Lee), original Elliott (who doesn’t love dragons?), or Hercules (make tanks tanky again!) are my suggestions. Hook us up!

:grinning:

2 Likes

I regret answering your question. :no_mouth:

I see no “point.” Nothing within this corresponds with anything else in it. I can’t even understand this post, but I’ll say it again, we aren’t ruining anything for other servers, you’re just being stupid.

Being on server 2 I can say I’m soooooo glad we aren’t getting a level cap increase yet. Slow that stuff down, pump yo brakes, lol. Also invasion and mods don’t interest me, at all, so no worries there.

@SiriusV2 …you are a little too angry about this. There are far more important things in life. You must not be on Server 1-4. If you were you’d understand how frustrating this is to us veterans.

They would never make exclusive toons for any server. Servers get timed exclusives and at times VIP also get the timed exclusivity, but based on your phrasing it paints the idea of permanent exclusives, which as I said before wouldn’t happen and are highly unnecessary. We are still getting the same content, just at a different rate. One assumes once S3 gets the next step in Mods/Invasion S2-4 will be matched up. And then afterwards once Invasion gets the full release one can assume 2-8 will be on the same update achedule once again, or at least so I hope.

2 Likes

Server 14 here. I can’t advance my toons from 80 to 85. Is this a known issue. I have thousands of xp drinks.

Are you team level 85?

I’m an idiot. I’ll get there and shut my mouth

3 Likes

The update is complete. Cheers!

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney