Update 4.8-A Patch Notes

A double cap increase. I’ve experienced a lot of those… It’s exhausting. People can’t keep up especially when they’re F2P. You say you want to make your lives easier with content distribution throughout the servers but you make our lives harder in the process.

Double drops never cut it, they do nothing. You should just automatically promote every hero by a rank and give them 5 levels so that players have to work with a single cap increase instead.

(And while we’re at it either increase Invasion rewards -especially mod upgrades- or reduce the costs. Spending 100 upgrades for 10 mod levels is ridiculous. Make them cost 15 every time. I’ve been playing for years and I still don’t have enough mods for my heroes.)

2 Likes

They never serve players any good. It’s just a lazy try to get people spending as usual. Portal Quest could get merges with automatic increase of heroes by X levels and ranks since it was PerBlue alone. Here they are dependent on Disney and Disney won’t let them do that.

Additionally, I wonder what they need additional two servers for if not for Disney Heroes. Cause we know this story already. Thrice!

Double cap raises till reaching Server 1, few months, merge. So basically what will happen is that in horizon of a year there will be just Server 1 @Samm
And for that the team basically has to drown 21 and 25 in a pit.

3 Likes

200th hero is a huge (and may as well be last) milestone of this game. And they can’t make a little adjustment to give us someone more popular?

Many of us, including me, don’t even bother to remember our precious 200th hero’s name jn the first place

1 Like

Well, I think that’s my cue to hang it up. @Samm, double normal/elite campaign events are nowhere near enough to keep up with that clip of update.

We currently get 1 stamina every 10 seconds. If you never let your stamina cap that’s 8640 stamina a day. We get ~3k stamina 3 times a day. Additionally for 100 diamonds you can get 1944 (972*2) stamina. That’s roughly 20k stamina a day.

At Y13/14 badges cost anywhere from 20-32k stamina. With the base stamina gains in game we can craft less than one badge a day. Even if you gave us double drops every single day, that would only give us the ability to craft 1.5-2 badges a day. And I’m sure that math will get worse and worse as we rank up, based on what sever 1 players have been saying for quite literally years.

Ignoring how abysmally greedy that economy is, it’s made it so that the only way to keep up with cap raises is to use badge booster crates.

The badge booster economy was actually decent when we were getting trial events regularly, but with no warning those stopped happening 2-4(?) months ago. With double cap raises we’ll need double the badge booster crates to keep up, which PB has given us no reason to believe that will happen.

As a player, one of my goals is to try and skill max EVERY character. I’ve been getting close to achieving my goal. I only have 20 characters left to max.

With double cap raises it will require 7960 skill points per raise JUST to keep up. With 4 weeks per cap thats 285 skill points a day. It takes 2.5 minutes for 1 skill point to regenerate, which means 11.8 hours worth of skill points EVERY day JUST to keep up. I understand this math isn’t relevant to the “average” player, but it’s extremely relevant to the top end of the playerbase.

So, “making it easier” for the dev team is worth making a server’s economy 2x worse for a year (10 months)?

I’m sorry, but our server is effectively just 10 months behind server 1. As long as things are balanced at cap on server 1, they’ll be balanced for us when we eventually hit that cap. The only thing removing the gap saves you is having to make sure new characters work below S1 cap… Which in my opinion is a VERY low bar and should be something you’re already doing.

I’m curious, the team should have the data, when you forced double cap raises on previous servers what percentage of the playerbase of that server did it drive off? I want to know what loss of the playerbase was deemed an acceptable loss to slightly lessen the workload.

The character reworks and patch system have been a great change and breath of fresh air. But the removal of trial events and forcing us into double cap raises completely cancels out the goodwill PB had gained for me.

8 Likes

This is a nonsense tbh.
The only goal for these double cap raises is to merge 1, 21 and 25 and to potentially either save costs of 2 servers going onward OR (more likely) to give those 2 servers to another project to make it big.

And when Server 1 won’t make the cut, the game will just be ditched.
I assume that’s why some people got laid off… so that DHBM makes the cut for a longer time. As sad as that is.

3 Likes

Yah, I mean Samm has to come up with a marketing/political sugar-coated excuse for double cap raises instead of “game is dying, we can’t financially maintain more than 1 server. We have to milk it as we develop the next game. We can let it slowly decline and close in a year rather than close now.”

It must be financially better for PB to run one server, because making the newest servers combine with the older S1 is ridiculous. It’s like asking a teenager to have the same experience as a retiree.

Same as Rajaam. Time to slowly retire, because of the double cap raises. Extra badge booster crates held this game together for FtP/non-whales for a year or two.
Almost 200 heroes, but only 20 are needed and they slowly change over time (meta). I wish it was easier to maintain a good team.

I’ve played for 950 days. Thank you for a fun and frustrating game! The game was challenging, but not too time consuming. I enjoyed logging in to do dailies. And overall, I had fun regardless of the poor business decisions constantly being made. I wasn’t a whale, but I spent $326. I hope that helped your company.

@The_Real_Numi @Musketeer @Kira
Thanks for the data, always being helpful, and seeing through the game’s content and PB’s posts. I’ll see you on Discord!

10 Likes

I think the biggest thing is that it takes a lot of resources to get to yellow, and then a TON to get from the beginning of yellow to the max yellow.

With 200 heroes, it’s impossible to keep them all up without spending an arm and a leg on this game. Even if you just work on a core 20 (15 for war lines + more for off duty swaps) the cost is absurd.

Keep the rarity going up. Keep the level cap going up, but don’t make each one cost more than the last. That’ll make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

5 Likes

If the loading screen changes for the anniversary I wonder which heroes will be on it? (And to be fair I like the 3rd one but it lags a lot)

1 Like

I know a good one heroes Judy Hopps Joy Aladdin Mulan Baymax Maleficent Mickey Mouse Colette Elsa Violet parr Buzz Lightyear Ralph Vanellope Eve and Jack Sparrow for the loading screen for 5th anniversary what do you think

1 Like

Do you honestly expect the Badge Economy refresh to materialize after nearly 5 years of game life?
I hope so, too, but it sounds so naive to expect this change truly happen since stamina deals are presumably the only deals keeping the game afloat.

2 Likes

Are you sure wood is the good term ? :grin:

1 Like

You all can find my, post about game dying but you all choose to not believe me.

People always think they own everything until life shows otherwise.

If someone find another game to play I m interested. :slight_smile:

You didn’t write this
I did

And I said the game is dying?
So what is the point of your post?

1 Like

The only thing that will make whales continue to want to play is adding easier stamina, reducing crate income, and having recourses that are not money based. With only 20 heroes needed, it just becomes boring for some. Constantly upgrading heroes and losing all your gold and stamina just for one rank is getting annoying, so please make every rank cost VERY similar.

Merging serves helps and all, but it causes confusion and just makes those servers laggy and bonkers. Having everyone conjoined on one server would take a lot of time, but it would make the overall DHBM experience more fun. It is impossible to level up and advance without spending money.

Adding new trails is great, and thank you for those, but patch only being used at a high level is annoying. If you add new systems that only high level players can use, more will quit.

I really enjoy playing this game, but those things could make the fun SO much more.

5 Likes

Yah it’s bad design that was set to fail.
Each rank either increases linearly or exponentially. While we get the same resources, the resources needed balloon out of control.

1 Like

While still continues a advance heroes.

@Samm cost of each rank is increasing by… well 19%, what´s the team gonna do with that?

Interesting suggestion: Would it be possible for the 4th badge in crafting table to be the original non-platinum badge :thinking: ?

4 Likes

That’s another issue. The mutiplication of stamina needed and the decrease in stamina intake is bonkers.

I think some of the other Disney games (Disney Emoji Blitz, Kingdoms) are constantly adding one or two time events. I would really like to see DHBM try something like this (not trial events). Make and interactive experience with whole new gameplay, rather than carbon-copying existing gameplay and slapping the “event” label on it.

4 Likes

If there would be another double cap raise in the next 4 weeks, then it will be a server merge, and even though all servers are merged, there’s still no end to the game.

1 Like

Maybe Shego instead of Jack Sparrow, and Mei Lin instead of Mickey, or possibly all heroes against the Mega Virus (they will need new advertising for the 5th Anniversary). What do you think? Plus, the tips need to be on how to beat all characters and for those already there, try expanding so that it would include all heroes with the effect.

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney