Update 4.8-A Patch Notes

They can cost 1 Trillion and quadruple every CAP raise, thats not the main issue because its all relative to how much we can earn. The problem is we don’t earn 1 Trillion. The increase of stamina gains each CAP raise doesn’t scale even close to the speed with which badge cost ramps up. It used to be fine on S25 up until cap was Y2-3-4. Now that the cap is Y14, its really bad. Its getting progressively worse. I can’t imagine how bad it is on S1. The only reason its not gone to hell yet are badge crates since their value scales with the same pace as badges.

1 Like

I sure hope it has some new enemy debuts in this chapter. There’s nothing from chapters 59-66.

1 Like

They should really add special badge crates only for the most powerful heroes…

1 Like

Well oops! To be fair, I say it pretty often when it comes to major patch notes like new characters. I don’t know why I said “great update” on something that’s not necessarily an update per se?:joy:
Oh clumsy me…

1 Like

@Samm what about the supposed new guild perks that were promised coming in a future update? Are we gonna have to wait till anniversary for that.

And also can badge crates finally be scaled up in contests we’ve been getting 5/4/3/2/1 for nearly a year and a half to 2 years now would love a shakeup to contest rewards again

1 Like

@Samm also the stamina max cap hasn’t nearly kept up with the rate that badge costs need at most people can store 65k stamina through buying it daily that should be well over 100k by now it would really help f2p players keep up

1 Like

Well, i had enough of this game and these decisions. Nerf Maui really get on my nerves and now i realize u buffed Chef Skinner giving 0 information. Same happened with Cinderella, adding her to the game broken and nerfed her promising she was going back to normal. Same with Esmeralda, Djali HP was low and u promised buffed as intended, still waiting for that. Changes, with final heroes added, when we spend resourses which are so hard to safe just to realize u nerfed the hero or they are broken or it is changed once again, when It is supposed to have their final stats.

So, the feeling is, someone is not doing correctly what he/she has to do and no one cares. Just nerfing/buffing heroes as well as they broke the game, increasing resourses needed while the resourses income keeps the same, obsolet game modes with poor rewards, great modes (trial events) deleted by no reason, and It keeps going.

You did a great work with guild war rework and rewards, as well as the great trial events and mini trial events, which were funny, exciting and had excelent rewards. But this last decisions just are too much for me and for the comunity, as I can read.

Loved the game. It had so much potencial. Such a pitty.

Pd. Sorry for my english, if i made some mistakes😅

3 Likes

cough Disney Emoji Blitzcough*

3 Likes

I agree if this issue. There needs to be an updated tutorial. I was utterly confused once I finished the first fight. I had no idea what to do.

This aligns with updating the most old heroes (Ralph, Vanellope, Finnick, Frozone, Violet) who all DESPERATELYneed refreshes.

3 Likes

Technically, 44 weeks, which is just a smidge over 10 months.

I remain pessimistic about that, though I can’t say whether that’s due to experience or just my inherently-pessimistic nature. :man_shrugging:

Players already have Double Drop Events, both from scheduled days and from Double Drop items. What players need is double the resources.

You’ll have to forgive us for being skeptical, considering what’s been happening in the game since January. Particularly since last year ended with some cause for optimism.

A large reason I play this game is because of the Disney connection; while the heroes and their interactions are the main pleasures I get, it’s also fun to see badges representing all sorts of franchises and moments in Disney’s century-long history. Badges allow me to see movies and shows represented in the game that I know won’t have a full hero, and sometimes it’s nice just to know that I’m not the only one to like a certain movie or show. To not get any new badges cuts off that source of enjoyment.

I can understand if PerBlue views new badge design as too much work for too little tangible return, but I do think they’re missed by more players than PerBlue truly knows. Even if we can’t have all new badges with every rank, I’d hope for at least a mix of some new badges and platinum re-badges. (Maybe make the final, crafted badges new, and the component badges platinum reskins?)

On that subject, there’s something I experienced personally while experimenting with an account on server 14 (RIP): starting somewhere in the low Red ranks (R5ish? I don’t remember exactly where), it becomes so much easier to advance one’s team level and the levels of one’s heroes than to advance everyone’s rank that some areas of the game become severely unbalanced. Invasion and City Watch are the two most obvious areas: with opponents in those modes determined by team level (Invasion) or power of one’s top heroes (CW), starting pretty early on in the Red ranks new players will find themselves facing heroes 6 to 10 ranks above even their top-ranked heroes, and they’re going to struggle to progress in those modes.

In theory, Franchise Trials should fill this slot; in practice, either a player has (or upgrades) the heroes to allow them to 3-star the highest level with just a handful of attempts, or they’re unable to upgrade the hero(es) they need and just settle for the highest tier they can complete. I liked Pip’s suggestion, a few weeks ago, of slightly dialing back the difficulty on the current trials, and adding one more Expert level that doesn’t give too much more in terms of resources, but gives a new cosmetic reward of some kind. Or said cosmetic could be given to players who 3-star, without raiding, the non-Unity trials for at least 50% of the available attempts per trial period. Just something to encourage players to actually play the mode more, without punishing them if some days’ lineups prove unconquerable for them.

Or at least drastically increase the cap; it’s ridiculous to have to log in roughly every hour in order to advance another 7 levels on one hero (or 5 on one and 2 on another, etc.) If the cap could hold up to, say, a 12-hour supply of regenerated skill points, that would make it much easier to advance one’s current team or even a new hero without having to spend dozens of Skill Point Consumables.

Yes, I remember one of the devs saying a couple of years ago that they would look into increasing those caps, and then… silence. That’s another cap I’d love to see increased.

Maybe the team wouldn’t be able to do exactly this in order to allow new players to more quickly become competitive, but I think it would be worth looking at how other games integrate new players into long-running environments to see if there are any ideas that PerBlue would consider.

I’ve been waiting a loooong time for the new guild perks; if they come during the anniversary events, I can accept that, but I really hope we get them by then.

Considering how the contest requirements have been climbing fast enough to frequently exclude F2P players, and even some small-scale paying players, I’d rather see more badge booster crates distributed through other avenues. Perhaps added to the Franchise Trials, or bumping up the frequency or quantity from the Prize Wall?

Higher stamina caps, both soft and “hard”, would help a lot of struggling players, yes.

5 Likes

This is not the end, who about mage virus? Should be a the end?

Actually they just added up to 60 badge crates per month to War (assuming Diamond rank all wins, most people will get 30-40). Thank you PB! Thats another 6 heroes I can support at max rank. It really helped offset the growing cost of badges. A few more sources and we will be good to go.

( This update will feature a double content drop for Server 21+ !!! )

More rank heroes? I think need continue a heroes concept or yellow rank 30.

Look like be coming stronger rank heroes concept.

S RANK!

My guild won 10 matchups this season, including two after reaching Legendary, and I got 34 badge booster crates from it; I’m thinking most players not in the elite guilds will be getting 20-30 crates, which is still helpful, of course.

2 Likes

Nice very nice :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Do you like it if my suggestion on recompleting the minor stages of every chapter in the normal campaign would encourage more people to play the game?

And new challenges. We’re having old ones over and over again.

The end is near and no matter what they say, it is the truth!

That new rarities seem horrible, to say the least. That’s not improvement or anything helpful for players at all.

Imagine a new rank and prize wall is updated. In order to reach 5000 diamonds, we will need to reach that rank as well, in 2 weeks :joy::joy::joy: with 20 red ranks and approximately 30 yellows ranks, you can’t do it without paying :joy::joy::joy:

It is hard enough to reach Yellow in 2 weeks and now this?

About our 5th Anniversary (which may as well be our last), what we get is Flash from Zootopia. Are you kidding me?

You guys want to commemorate our anniversary with a extra support character, who barely does anything in the movie… literally :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: how is that a celebration?

Where are the major characters that many love and want? Cruella de Vil, Lady Tremaine, Tiana…

And about the game itself, I believe they don’t know where to even begin to fix! They let their greed run wild and now, there is no coming back. They keep promising us that improvement will come. But where is it? And when is it?

Sinking deep into the sea like Ariel before she meets her prince!!!

3 Likes

Flash isn’t anniversary hero, just a special 200th hero release.
Anniversary is in… May!

He isn’t a good choice for anniversary hero, I agree, but thankfully he isn’t.

The datamined hero is even worse though.

7 Likes

At this point the “hard” stamina cap should be about 1.5 million stamina. And “soft” (aka regenerating) cap should be at least 1/10th of them.

But I feel bombarding the dev team with such suggestions is like talking to a piece of wood.

2 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney