What Type of Disney Fan Are You?

I have been thinking about the types of Disney fans I have come across and am aware of and I thought it would be fun to see what kind or kinds of fans some people here are and why. All the types are below. These are huge generalizations and not meant to stereotype anyone.

The Disney Encyclopedia - Knows a lot about Disney and a wide variety of topics. More in it for the trivia knowledge than liking/loving what Disney makes.

The Mega Fan - Does not necessarily know everything, but loves everything that Disney makes. They will defend their favorites like crazy (best not to cross them), go to see every movie and love it (even the live action remakes), has likely gone to the one of parks at least once, collects Disney merch for fun, etc. An ultimate fan until the day they die.

The Walt Disney Fan - Loves Disney as much as the Mega Fans, but are only fans of everything that was created by Walt. They think that everything after it is not following what Walt wanted. They are big on the nostalgia and old classics.

The Disney Realist - Loves Disney as much as a Mega Fan, but not afraid of calling Disney out for a variety of things. The tend to get into arguments with Disney fans alike as well as others in many places. No matter what, these fans tend to find at least one thing they can call out in almost everything Disney creates or has created.

The Casual Fan - Exactly like it sounds, the causal fan loves Disney, but not at the scale of the Mega Fan.

The Fan of Specific IPs/Movies/Eras - More on the casual side of things, this Disney fan loves specific creations of Disney, or the IPs of companies Disney now owns. They tend to be huge fans of a specific era (such as the Disney Renaissance), movie or movies (that are usually considered underrated/not as good as others), TV Shows (Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls, Kim Possible, etc.) or another franchise (Marvel, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.)

The Parks Fan - Similar to the fans of specific things Disney has created, but in terms of the parks, resorts, and other similar experiences. Likely has gone to the parks multiple times, sometimes more than once a year. Sometimes they have an annual pass and tends to like the Parks more than the movies.

The Disney Loving Theatre Kid (or Kid at Heart) - Mega fans of Disney, who also love Broadway musicals. They have likely performed in Disney musicals, or will in the future. Many of their dream roles/shows are Disney produced musicals, such as High School Musical, Frozen, The Little Mermaid, and more. They are usually Mega Fans as well. Knows many Disney songs by heart. These fans are increasing in numbers with Hamilton and other musical plans coming to Disney+

The Disney Dreamer - Likely a Mega Fan since they were a little kid, but they go a step further. They want to help create the magic of Disney for millions of people around the world. Likely have a dream to work for Disney at some point. They usually do the Disney College Program at some point. They want to become a Disney Animator, Imagineer, or any other role at Disney they find fun and interesting. It is their dream job to make working for Disney their source of income.

The Anti-Disney Fan - Usually a former mega fan or realist, but has moved on from the Disney phase. May or may not like Disney, but will attack it every chance they get. These people can also come in the form of fans of DreamWorks and other competitors of Disney. They usually have little knowledge of Disney and thinks movies not made by Disney are actually Disney movies. Many Disney fans will attack them many times, so they tend to lurk in the shadows.

6 Likes

I’m a combo of these two :grin:

2 Likes

Cool. I would say I am a combo of these:

Oh I skipped the Disney Dreamer. I’m a combo of that one too

Here’s me!

For those of you who are Disney Dreamers - what is your dream? Just curious. Mine is to be a Disney Imagineer (but sort of obvious with the name lol)

To help direct some movies or animate for them

3 Likes

To work at the Disney Parks, most likely in the imagineering department.

Yes! A fellow aspiring Imagineer. I hope to work with you :smile:

1 Like

Donaldist mainly maybe? By that I mean the Donald Duck and Co comics in general, including Mickey’s side :-).

I am not really the biggest fan of Donald Duck himself, but rather the places and stories the comics visits.

Beside that I like most general Disney movies even if I care less for the older princess like movies.

[quote=“Imagineer_V, post:1, topic:1199651”]
The Disney Encyclopedia

I’m a mix of these three types…

1 Like

Oooh. I’d like to do that too…

I’m a mash up of these four.

The Mega Fan

The Fan of Specific IPs/Movies/Eras

The Parks Fan

The Disney Dreamer

1 Like

Idk really know but I think I could be
Park fan
Hugeee Pixar fan like so huge to the point where people ask what is your fav Disney movie excluding Pixar then apparently all I read is favorite Disney movie and I say an immediate Pixar movie.

Nice! So you would be a combo of these:

May I ask what your Disney Dream is? I have been asking everyone else and I love to discuss it. Maybe even set up a PM for us Disney Dreamers!

1 Like

The specific IPs/movies/eras

Mostly with recent, post-2000’s, movies.

Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen are my favourites.

I don’t perform but I’m obsessed with Disney musicals, and others.

2 Likes

Nice. I perform, and it is a lot of fun. I recommend getting involved in theater in some way, whether it is onstage or off!

I forgot to mention I am a Parks fan, but I generalized and put that into my version of mega fan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh true, I’m also a Parks fan. I’ve been to the Hong Kong and the two Tokyo parks. We were meant to be going to Disney World, Florida at the end of the year but for obvious reasons that 'aint happening.

I have been to Disneyland in California, Disney World in Florida (which is the best one IMO), and Disneyland in Hong Kong. I want to go to all the parks at least once, and 1 Disney Cruise to the private island (soon to be islands as they bought another one).

1 Like
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney