Where is Lightning McQueen?

I waiting too many year why not Lightning McQueen in game!!??

Not this again 🤦

3 Likes

It’s time to stop! Please! Lightning McQueen is not coming!

4 Likes

Why?

Not that I want him that much (I would like Phineas and Ferb more), I’m just curious.

1 Like

There were discussions about it before, and PerBlue stated they have no plns adding Cars because of size issues - the characters will have to be too large.

3 Likes

Yeah cars isn’t coming

The size argument has always intrigued me because Shank, Finnick, and Mr Big all drive cars across the battlefield, and the first two were here early game. There’s also the example of Alice growing giant temporarily. With summons it’s clearly not an issue; Jack Sparrow with the Black Pearl, Anna’s stone golem, Davy Jones’ kraken.

However a clearer picture is given by looking at official sizes; Sulley, who is one of the tallest characters currently in game, is officially stated to be 7’6", whereas Lightning Mcqueen’s length is more than double Sulley at over 17 feet in length. This would easily make Lightning likely to take up at least a third of the screen if scaled appropriately (which the game has implied they do, using information Disney gives them.) As Mater is bigger than Lightning, especially in height, he would be even more difficult to fit onscreen. While unfortunate such a major franchise is left out, for characters that would remain on screen they’re just too big.

3 Likes

I think this is a key word to remember for this argument. All of the examples you gave of big objects only appear on the screen temporarily. Cars characters would have to stay on the screen for the whole battle, and that’s why size would be such a big issue for them.

3 Likes

Indeed, hence my last sentence. Having multiple cars characters onscreen would be even worse in terms of gameplay. I remember a similar argument being raised when people were clamoring for Tomatoa (who is far larger than any of the main Cars crew.)

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney