Who's Da King?

Hello! Welcome to the second installment to my Madagascar series! Today’s character, as requested by popular demand, is none other than the original King Julien!

King Julien, Mort & Maurice

IMG_20210221_135256
IMG_20210221_143429

The original King Julien moves it, moves it through the enemies by using his world class dancing skills, his kingly charm and by using his followers Mort & Maurice to cause chaos on the field.

“Don’t play dumb with us. We’re better at it.”

King Julien, Mort & Maurice are a :star::star: Red Midline Control Trio

Animations 

Entrance: The trio walk in
Victory: The trio dance as a disco ball drops
Defeat: King Julien kicks Mort and they walk away

Basic: (See Passive)

Skills

White Skill: Boogie Wonderland
IMG_20210222_110004

Passive:
King Julien, Mort & Maurice all have a different basic. Mort laughs every 2.0 seconds, healing the trio for X HP and Maurice swings at the closest enemy with his stick, dealing X damage.

For King Julien’s basic, he jumps up and down every 2.0 seconds and gains 1 stack of Boogie. Each stack increases King Julien’s Skill Power by 2%. King Julien can only have 20 stacks of Boogie.

Active: A disco ball drops, and King Julien starts dancing to it until he runs out of energy. The dancing Charms 3 random enemies until King Julien runs out of energy. The enemies have +X Basic Damage and Skill Power while they’re Charmed. Every stack of Boogie King Julien has also heals himself for +5% of his Max HP (Max 10)

Green Skill: You're So Annoying!
IMG_20210222_120149
:fist: - Normal Damage

When King Julien reaches 10 stacks of Boogie, Mort tries to touch King Julien’s feet, and then King Julien kicks him into the field, dealing X damage, Stunning the closest enemies and Blinding the backline enemies for 7 seconds.

The Blind has a chance to fail against enemies above Level X.

Blue Skill: Kingly Decree
IMG_20210222_121250
:sparkles: - Fantastic Damage

Maurice pounds his stick into the ground, dealing X damage to and knocking back the closest enemies. This also makes the trio and the lowest HP ally Invincible for 6 seconds.

Purple Skill: Move It, Move It!
IMG_20210222_173649
Every stack of Boogie also increases King Julien’s attack and movement speed by 2%.

King Julien passively gains +20% attack and movement speed every 6 seconds.

The passive gain has a chance to fail against enemies above Level X.

Red Skill: Just Dance
IMG_20210222_153314
Enemies that are Charmed now deal +50% more damage to their allies and are immune to disables when they’re Charmed.

When King Julien is on the field, Charmed enemies cannot be KO’d.

The KO immunity has a chance to fail against enemies above Level X.

Additional Stat Boosts:

• +X Damage on You're So Annoying!
  • +Y Basic Damage
  • +Z Skill Power
Friendships

King Julien/Animal
Campaign: “Jungle Boogie”
Allies: Tia Dalma, Miss Piggy, Hamm

Disk Power:

• +X Max HP for Charmed enemies
  • +Y Tenacity

Memories:

Better Invincibility

When allies are Invincible, they have +35% more Skill Power (+5% per star)

King Julien/Goofy
Campaign: “Dumb And Dumber”
Allies: Powerline, Goliath, Gaston

Disk Power:

• +X Basic Damage
  • +50 Reality Negation

Memories:

Boogie Benefits

When King Julien reaches 50% of his Max HP, he shares all stacks of Boogie he has with all allies. Allies with Boogie now deal +50% more damage to enemies with more Reality than them. (5% damage per star)

Other Notes

• It was hard to figure out how to do Julien’s kit since he doesn’t really do much to warrant a kit aside from being one of the most iconic characters in cinema history. But on watching the Penguins of Madagascar show more, you see he, Mort and Maurice are a unit and they do almost everything together. So the kit was much easier to create from there. And of course, you gotta have him dance. Julien loves dancing!

• Speaking of dancing, his Red Skill name is in fact a reference to both the Just Dance game and the Lady GaGa song. Both of which I love. In very different ways, of course. But I figured Julien would need a fun name for a red skill and what has more of a fun vibe than Just Dance?. Also, Julien totally would play Just Dance and be friends with Lady GaGa if he was real.

• I Like To Move It is one of my favorite songs ever and I actually have a huge story involving it, so using it for the name of his purple skill and making it sort of a overall vibe for his kit was amazing. PM me if you want to hear that story, but it is embarrassing so be warned.

Bonus

ArcticBlissfulBluefish-small
ChillyFloweryHorsechestnutleafminer-max-1mb

King Julien gifs! It’s the weekend, patch notes are out, stop worrying and just dance!

7 Likes

Please Read Before Voting

How would you rate this concept?

• :star::star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star:
  • :star::star:
  • :star:

0 voters

And also, what Madagascar character do you want to see next?

• Marty
  • Gloria
  • Melman

0 voters

Additional feedback is also appreciated. :+1:

This was really good! Imagining the skill with Mort made me laugh so much. The names for the friend campaigns and friend disks were very creative as well.

Thank you! I tried my best to be as creative with his kit as possible. Throwing or kicking Mort would have to be included somewhere, lol.

1 Like

Update. Changed the name of this to Who’s Da King? since it makes more sense thematically and since it’s the iconic theme of All Hail King Julien.

You should totally watch the show btw. It’s on Netflix. Thank me later. :wink:

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney