Wish crates feedback

Hi, I havent found any official feedback thread on this new crate so I made one. Everyone, pls feel free to share your thoughts and experience so that we could have a look at how things work and is it as good as we hoped :slight_smile:

1. The drops

Me first. I don’t know about you guys, but I got literally NONE hero chip after spending those gift crates. All I got were useless stuffs and not at all useful (yes, I got some red chip crates but opening them gave me nothing useful either).

They even gave me the memories of the disc I didn’t use on my selected heroes…What a joke…

1. The price

I knew something was wrong the minute they gave us some free crates. The price is insane and looking at what I got, I will never buy that crate even if I have that amount of diamond. Maybe the whales can get excited with them but not me. My excitement is dead the minute I saw what I got

1. Conclusion

Just like other feature, especially Battle Badge, things got downhill the minute they were released. They gave us a free enhanced battle badge and showed us how terribly expensive it was to do so. They gave us a free x10 wish crate and showed us how terribly expensive they were. Do you see the pattern here?

Long story short, after soooooo long waiting for the promised end-game crates, once again, what I got is a total disappointment!

They could save themselves A LOT of work by refreshing diamond/gold/guild crates but noooooo, they had to introduce a new one, saying it would be better, helpful and all. And how did things go? Just another cash grab.

Oh, forgot to mention we have a freaking expensive deal about this new crate too. Wonder who bought it?

26 Likes

Same experience. Best I got was badge bazaar tokens. I also wonder if anyone hit a jackpot for a hero who wasn’t the fairy godmother. I have yet to see one but I saw a lot of jackpots for her.

2 Likes

Whole heartedly agree. Much like the Battle Badges, the concept is great, but the price is way too high. After the free 10X items for the wish crate, all I ended up with was a bunch of goodies that I could get at a fraction of the diamond price with the daily deals.

2 Likes

You can purchase the Premium Diamond Quest and assuming you completed the quest already, receive 275 random hero chips and more than enough diamonds to open six of these new crates, all at a quarter of the cost.

Wish Crate:
18,200 diamonds for 100USD (182 diamonds per USD) 18 crates
vs.
Premium Diamond Quest:
6385 diamonds for 25USD (255 diamonds per USD) 6 crates
275 random hero chips guaranteed

6 Likes

I agree about the price. It’s insane, both diamond worth a d real money (per the only deal they offered so far).
As for drops… I guess it’s all about luck.
But again, way over priced. Especially considering that I need much more badges (full, plans , bits) than hero chips.

4 Likes

They should at least ALWAYS offer hero chips (40-60) and give us that huge amount once in a while. Not giving us hero chips based on luck like this :frowning: :frowning: it would make zero differences to diamond crates then. Diamond crates are useless but at least they are cheap and we can have them…for free

6 Likes

I agree we should have guaranteed hero chips
For the hero we have selected every 10x Drop.

I have 4 accounts and every 10x I received 0
Hero chips for the hero I selected.

There seemed to be a pattern though I getting 280 red skill chips I got that 3 out of 4 times

1 Like

Also, here is a thing @Polaris

Is the jackpot chance and regular drop chance related to VIP? It does seem so.

You mean like this right. Pathetic.
All useless stuff.

2 Likes

I wonder how this was anything against the forum rules. Because factually, there is no hate or anything, he just states the obvious.

And yes even I know that NDAs involve such “compensations”. I wonder what would be done if it wasn´t a thing. I doubt the wish crates would cost 10k diamonds per 10, as a start. But yeah…

No offense intended, but still seems weird enough doesn´t it?

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! We are eager to hear what people think about the new crate and any constructive feedback that will help us make improvements.

No, not at all.

This is not true. We do not get 10K diamonds a day as part of our work contracts. It isn’t something that’s negotiated in either. As employees we are not allowed to make ourselves a lot of free stuff in the live game. Where we do play on live, we either play as free to play, or we spend real money to buy deals - just like everyone else.

6 Likes

Okey then :eyes: .
Anyway 10k diamonds are still rather rough for what the wish crates give. Maybe it would be good if it was restrained to some higher level stuff, so:

• tier 3 fragments and mod upgrades (doubtful about the former though, Mods´ stat buffs are no longer good - or rather are not for early servers); skill chips, red skill crates…
  • guaranteed cosmetic crates could be an addition, like 10 or so…
  • standard and jackpot hero chip drops
  • badges EXCLUDING the last of a rank (like You Earned It for R18, Bagheera´s Disguise for R19, The Zone for Y0 - getting those has no advantage, rather stacks as useless badge at some point)
  • lot of XP drinks (I´d say enough for the 2nd Enhancement of Battle Badge or so)
  • full +11 mods as an alternative jackpot maybe?

Alternatively, the price could be lowered to 2880 (cost of 10x Diamond Crates) to 3500 for 10x Wish Crates. They of some sort can give a lot less than Slinky Crates and those cost 1800 for 10x or 10k diamonds for 55x…

Badge Map can be used to eliminate the chances for the “last of a rank” badges @Polaris :wink:
It was made, as I said, to help both players AND dev team. :slight_smile:

EDIT: If you want to make Wish Crate permanent, you could discuss adding a Wish Crate to Diamond Quest. That way all players get it if they play regularly.

6 Likes

If they added them I would be sold, I really liked the fact the Slinky Dog crate a while back had them (not to mention I need more cosmetics)

What I got is even worse

1 Like

How can you guys afford this crate as normal players then? The price is set so high even VIP20 friends think this is ridiculous. Any player who actually plays the game knows there are way better ways to spend the diamonds.

The premise for creating this crate was because diamond crates aren’t appealing. Yea, because they are so expensive! But you just made the crate that costs 4x as much.

Unless there are regular free chances like with every other crate, this crate will be ignored by anyone except the tiny portion of the playerbase.

8 Likes

I have a few things about the Wish Crate:

1. Get mod fragments out of there, like, yesterday. Mod power and upgrade pieces (like attack speed, crit, etc.), maybe, but every other mod item needs to be removed immediately.
  2. Considering how crazy-bonkers expensive this crate is, the numbers on the non-Hero Chip drops need to be way, way higher.
  3. Needs Cosmetic Crate drops, and a LOT of them. Maybe even 5-10 Guaranteed Cosmetic Crate as a drop.
  4. Or we could just skip Steps 1-3 and obliterate the current price. Like, at least quartered.
4 Likes

Ok so diamond crates are appealing get chips for heroes and help max red skills have xp but should have red xp in them. Etc. However wish crate great in theory terrible in reality. To expensive. I got 0 chips just gold disk power some memories x30 only good thing I got was the memories rest rubbish. Now as for do only vip 20 get rewarded hard to say. I know 2 players vip 20 one got jackpot fairy godmother other 30k diamonds. I am vip 20 got a load of rubbish.

This is what I got. No hero chips.

The only good thing was the 4 red badges. The hero I chose couldn’t use any of the badges yet. I was only able to use one badge on one other hero.

The other stuff is either pointless (mod items and red skill crates) or too small in number to be worth it (mod power, gold, friendship stuff, and badge bazaar stuff).

Definitely not worth the price. Might not be worth it at one tenth of the price.

4 Likes

not great either

Just thought of another question: are the contents of the crates determined when they’re opened, like diamond crates, or when they’re acquired, like all other crates?

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney