3.5 Known Issues Thread

They can take the resouces back so thats not the issue. They felt like it was against the spirit of the game so they suspended us

No, we will not be reversing any bans. The players who were banned were the ones abusing it multiple times or had previous cheating on their accounts. Players were given a three day ban which I feel is fair.

9 Likes

Ah, just a 3 day ban? Not a permanent ban?

Happened to not catch that and if so I suppose fair enough yeah :-).

2 Likes

This issue will not be discussed further as it is not relevant to this thread and will not be reversing any decisions made.

For future, make sure that you are not abusing exploits in game. If something is clearly not intended behavior do not encourage others to abuse it as well. This is how this situation occurs. It is unfair to players who were not abusing this exploit. You absolutely can be banned with no warning for things like that. We do not have to give warnings, but try to in most cases.

Edit: Checked in with team member who helped with this issue. Did send a warning to all players, but those banned would not have seen that warning. Players who received the 3 day ban were the ones with previous cheating/warnings on the account and those who claimed 3x or 4x the amount of contest rewards.

And double checked the TOS it is in there. Thought I was gonna have to contact higher ups to make it clearer, but that’s pretty clear.

7 Likes

The main reason the people who got suspended are upset is not everone who participated got the same punishment

1 Like

Woah there, gamer!

Looks like you were a bit eager and you’ve managed to pick up a few more contest goodies than you’re supposed to have. :open_mouth:

Thanks for spotting this for us - we’ve asked Felix to Fix It for us so it won’t be possible next time.

We will be having all your bonus rewards back though - sorry about that! We’d rather you weren’t on the naughty list for the coming holidays. :santa:

If you notice anything like this in the game again, please send in a bug report via a ticket and try not to take advantage of it - it only hurts other players’ games, and won’t help yours. It’s actually against our TOS, and if you’re doing it a lot you could end up with suspensions.

Thanks for your understanding - we hope you continue to enjoy playing Disney Heroes!

10 Likes

A warning like that would have been appropriate

2 Likes

These comments right here are a big part of the problem. So disrespectful to people who have stayed with this game (some since beta and shortly after). You can hear people’s concerns and issues without being flippant, rude, and dismissive. Most of the comments made about improving the game are never taken seriously or heard in any meaningful way. This attitude toward both paying and nonpaying consumers is the problem. I’m not saying to give people whatever they want, but you can reject criticism/ideas/etc in a more professional way. This is not the Disney I know and love. I honestly think PB and whoever they have running the community forums are doing a disservice to Disney and their consumers.

Full disclosure: I am a part of the group temporarily banned. Not even trying to address that issue at this time.

3 Likes

We are not Disney, we are PerBlue.

We do listen to your feedback and concerns, but when it becomes “I will quit the game because of this” I am happy to remind players that it is ok to do that. If you do not like how something is going or being handled we are not holding anyone hostage. This is a free to play game and you are ok to stop playing and take a break especially if you are unhappy with something.

2 Likes

Okay, but you do get how “you don’t have to keep playing.” comes across as “we’re not changing anything, if you don’t like it, you can get lost.”, right?

Probably not the intention, but tensions be high right now, so it can be easy to take things a wrong way.

6 Likes

As I said above, this contest exploit abuse discussion is done. I’ll be marking any other conversations about it as off topic since it is not relevant to this thread.

4 Likes

I can’t believe my last comment was deleted.

I don’t want to discuss the contest at all. I only want to discuss how players are treated.

Posting again for my own screen shots when it is once again deleted.

Make a new thread for this please as it is not relevant in this thread. We are about to have a patch go out and I need this thread for it’s intended purpose of ingame bug issues.

7 Likes

Oh dear, it didn’t happen :sob:

Could the spotlight for all three sisters (or at least Sarah…) appear? :pleading_face:

5 Likes

We’re in a meeting now, but I will poke!

8 Likes

Got an update! I just missed the note that we were moving the crate to go live tomorrow and her spotlight will be tomorrow as well. I asked them to have it set to all three sisters, but not confirmed yet. You’ll have to wait till tomorrow to see!

9 Likes

Just want to say thank you for the team @Loutre , significant improvement after today’s update! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi. I don’t know if this happens to others or not but sometimes AFTER completing a friend campaign stage, it says that I do not have enough friend stamina for that and reset my progress :flushed::flushed::flushed:

If i don’t have enough stamina, how could I start the fight?

@Loutre, could you and the team check pls? Friend campaigns are hard already, and I really don’t want it to be reset right after I clear it :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: thanks

do you have exactly 6 stamina when you start the fight?

it happens to me when i have exactly 6 stamina, and lost the first fight
then i have 5 stamina, but the game allows me to retry the fight just with 5 stamina
but whatever the result, it wont be recorded at all, since the notification that says “not enough friend stamina” will show up

2 Likes

This is indeed the problem @Yunno. Basically when you have 6 friend stamina it lets you into the fighting screen, but somehow if you lose it still lets you into the fighting screen again. Only now you have 5 friend stamina… so you do the fight, game does the (5-6) calculation and since it´s a negative number, screams at you and pulls back to the state before the fight.

It happens this way for eternity, probably since friend campaigns were even introduced, not 3.5 specific.

6 Likes
PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy | © Disney